Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Pics of your SG with a Tour Pack  (Read 12315 times)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Pics of your SG with a Tour Pack
« on: September 13, 2009, 09:59:32 AM »

I would like to see your SG with the Tour Pack installed. Is it easy to remove? Solo seat and Two up. I am thinking of ordering the Tour pack for my SESG just looking' for some input.
Thanks! :thinking:
Hawg

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Pics of your SG with a Tour Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:04:15 AM »

Like you, I'm anxious to see the painted to match stuff, also.  I'm thinkin the quick release tour pack will go on and off much like they did up through the 08 MY.   Are you expecting something different?

I believe that I am one of the first to order the color matched leg fairings and King Tour pack however, they've still not arrived.  I have a few other surprises coming, also (painted inner fairing).  As soon as they get here I'll be posting photos in my mods thread. :2vrolijk_21:

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:38:17 PM »

Like you, I'm anxious to see the painted to match stuff, also.  I'm thinkin the quick release tour pack will go on and off much like they did up through the 08 MY.   Are you expecting something different?

I believe that I am one of the first to order the color matched leg fairings and King Tour pack however, they've still not arrived.  I have a few other surprises coming, also (painted inner fairing).  As soon as they get here I'll be posting photos in my mods thread. :2vrolijk_21:

you getting the inner fairing painted from MoCo..... it is not listed in the P &A book.... or are you having someone paint it for you.....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »

you getting the inner fairing painted from MoCo..... it is not listed in the P &A book.... or are you having someone paint it for you.....

It's not available from the MoCo.  Having the painter that Jim uses.  The same painter that the dealerships in the bay area use.  A little pricey but he does top drawer work. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »

That should look sweet..can't wait to see those pics..then I will be jealous :2vrolijk_21:

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 09:00:46 PM »

It's not available from the MoCo.  Having the painter that Jim uses.  The same painter that the dealerships in the bay area use.  A little pricey but he does top drawer work. :2vrolijk_21:
Are you saying you Can't order a Tour Pack from MoCo to match your paint. >:( I do have a great painter buddy, however....... :nixweiss:
Hawg

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 09:45:35 PM »

Are you saying you Can't order a Tour Pack from MoCo to match your paint. >:( I do have a great painter buddy, however....... :nixweiss:

No.....that's not what I'm saying.  I provided the part numbers for the color matched King tour pack and leg fairings.  What you read above is in regards to the question about the inner fairing.

Hawg, the thread regarding painted tour pack and leg fairings for the Candy Concord (BLUE!) can be seen by clicking here.........  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=39901.0
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 09:58:44 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »

JCZ...I'm going to follow your lead on purchasing the detachable King Tour Pak. A couple follow-on questions though.  What, if any, hinges are installed when you order #79071-10DEH...all the pics in the catalog look like they ship with premium Tour Pak hinges (79211-08A @ $49.95)...or do you need to order these separately?  Also, the catalog states (pg 384) the King Tour Pak for the FLHX models includes a pre mounted radio antenna base and the antenna relocation kit for the FLHX (pg 626) indicates not for FLHXSE...so what, if any, parts need to be ordered to hook up the radio?  Keep blazing the way on figuring all this out for us....for us novices these posts are priceless!!!

JZ3

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 04:07:33 PM »

or, I can put a custom one together for you that will match all the colors and styling of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 09:26:15 PM »

JCZ...I'm going to follow your lead on purchasing the detachable King Tour Pak. A couple follow-on questions though.  What, if any, hinges are installed when you order #79071-10DEH...all the pics in the catalog look like they ship with premium Tour Pak hinges (79211-08A @ $49.95)...or do you need to order these separately?  Also, the catalog states (pg 384) the King Tour Pak for the FLHX models includes a pre mounted radio antenna base and the antenna relocation kit for the FLHX (pg 626) indicates not for FLHXSE...so what, if any, parts need to be ordered to hook up the radio?  Keep blazing the way on figuring all this out for us....for us novices these posts are priceless!!!

JZ3

I've already got the Tune Trapper hidden antenna up in the fairing.  I spend most of my time listening to XM, anyway.  If it comes with the tour pack antenna mount, I'll be removing that and putting a chrome button head or cap bolt in there, like I did on my SEEG tour pack. :nixweiss:  The tour pack is for function and will not be on my bike except when travelling distance and days. :2vrolijk_21:

By the way......like most CVO painted stuff, you can expect a long wait once you place the order.  Oddly enough, the tour pack spoiler has came in.....that's the only painted item that came in. :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:28:12 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 10:21:33 PM »

No.....that's not what I'm saying.  I provided the part numbers for the color matched King tour pack and leg fairings.  What you read above is in regards to the question about the inner fairing.

Hawg, the thread regarding painted tour pack and leg fairings for the Candy Concord (BLUE!) can be seen by clicking here.........  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=39901.0
I found a Grey Ghost pic that has the single seat with the tour pack  :2vrolijk_21: great looking ride there :2vrolijk_21:
I also found a pic of a SESG with a matched tour pack in Spiced Rum  :2vrolijk_21:
I am not sure if you can post other peoples pics of their bikes or the links to them on another thread without their permission? :nixweiss:
Hawg

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 11:00:08 PM »

It's done all the time.......that's why ya gotta be careful of what you're putting on the net. :2vrolijk_21:

You can certainly send that person a PM and ask them.  Ask them if they're a member here, too and let them know we'd like to see pics of that tour pack on with a solo seat! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 08:26:14 AM »

you mean like this
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 09:55:27 PM »

Thats the one  :2vrolijk_21:
Nice lookin ride there ;D :2vrolijk_21:
Hawg

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »

I'm having my guy look into the painted inner fairing as well. Strange that it's not available from the MoCo. I noticed in your linked post that all of the color-matched parts end with the same color code, why can't they just attach that color code to the end of the inner fairing part number?

Wonder what would happen if they tried it?

Just odd ... ya know?
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.