Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: complaint about new FLHXSE build  (Read 10134 times)

mcriderone

complaint about new FLHXSE build
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »

here go's...previous bike was a 2005 night train...which i still have..
quality sucks on my new bike i picked up week,was looking it over,getting ready to install new exhaust.
found heat shield on front pipe loose,bolt holding clamp on crossover pipe too short going into bracket..no treads.
also note,,,whats up with the missing chrome fasteners...
Hand controls are chrome ,,but fasteners holding them on are unfinished???
Lower fork legs are chrome but fasteners holding on brake calipers are unfinished
Back rest support bolts are unfinished going through chrome bracket
starter is black?...why??? the rest is gray.
disc brake..rear...is old style...not floating...doesn't even match the front...some old stock laying around?
hydraulic lines are not the diamond lines..there the cheap ones...and the clutch lines are black.???huh.
all for $30,999.....
I'm sure ill find more...my fx is more quality product at $13,500 than this
unhappy street glide owner

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: complaint about new FLHXSE build
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »

I'm going to ask the question that I think the other 22 people that viewed this before me are wondering.......why did you buy a SESG if you're unhappy with it?

While it's not "perfect" and we all feel that there's room for improvement, it's a far cry from back in the days of panheads and shovelheads.  Back then we would have just been happy to have a bike that didn't leak and one that didn't fling chain lube all over everything.

Fastners aren't a big deal but this bike should have definately came with a tour pack, leg fairings, and chrome wheels!  But then again, those are things that already make mine stand out from most of the others. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 02:16:59 AM »

I'm going to ask the question that I think the other 22 people that viewed this before me are wondering.......why did you buy a SESG if you're unhappy with it?

While it's not "perfect" and we all feel that there's room for improvement, it's a far cry from back in the days of panheads and shovelheads.  Back then we would have just been happy to have a bike that didn't leak and one that didn't fling chain lube all over everything.

Fastners aren't a big deal but this bike should have definately came with a tour pack, leg fairings, and chrome wheels!  But then again, those are things that already make mine stand out from most of the others. :2vrolijk_21:

Agreed JC, I would never have purchased my SESG if I wasn't in love with it.....even when it was stock!!    I, just as many other folks on this site, have made several modifications to improve it, but I loved this bike from the get-go.  Perhaps mcrider, you haven't had the opportunity to ride the bike much, but when you do, you will find that this bike (stock) if pretty fast off the line, it corners very well, it is just as nimble as can be, it is well balanced, and on top of all of this, it just flat out looks like a HD CVO.  If after putting in some time in the saddle, you still don't like this bike....I would suggest selling her on this site.....it will be outta your hands before you know it.  Hell, I might even give you an offer!!!!
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 10:08:03 AM »

Come on guys, mcriderone isn't the first person who bought a bike without spending a month analyzing it and test riding it first.  I remember being highly pizzed with my SEEG right after I bought it, and wishing I had kept my previous bike instead.  That was based on lousy quality, though, not the features.

There are other threads that were started right after the first SESG was purchased that complained about many of the same items.  The MoCo jacked up the price and eliminated many of the features that earlier CVO's had as standard equipment, figuring the SG was so popular that folks would pay extra for a stripped CVO without noticing.  Case in point, the cheap mirrors, the lack of lowers, the obvious fastener issue, the hydraulic lines, wheels, garage door opener, etc.

People often get caught up in the excitement and make purchase decisions they later regret.  It's so common they actually have a name for it, it's called "Buyer's Remorse".  Fortunately, if a buyer determines very early on that they aren't happy, they can usually unload the product without losing a massive amount of money, especially in the case of the Touring CVO's.  Getting the trade-in back is a different story, however.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 10:48:20 AM »

"CAVEAT EMPTOR" ...... or "Let The Buyer Beware".  Very common doctrine spanning centuries of advising the purchaser to inspect the goods they're purchasing.

My guess is that none of the items mentioned in starting this thread mysteriously appeared after the sale.   ::)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:26:30 AM »

"CAVEAT EMPTOR" ...... or "Let The Buyer Beware".  Very common doctrine spanning centuries of advising the purchaser to inspect the goods they're purchasing.

My guess is that none of the items mentioned in starting this thread mysteriously appeared after the sale.    ::)

Exactly my point Brian......thank you.

I was on the front side of getting my 04 SEEG the same as I was the 10 SESG.  In both cases, I'd only saw the web site photos and only one (of each) in person, before taking possession of mine.  While the SEEG had so much more, I can remember thinking "it's missing so much that they should have done".  Having said that, I never regreated for a second of buying that bike.  The same applies for me on the SESG.

For somebody who just took possession and complain.......when there's been plenty of opportunity to see all of them in person as well as the hundreds (probably thousands) of personal real life photos posted on the net......I just don't understand.  Did he not look at the bike prior to writing that check? 

Again, when I start thinking in the direction of the glass half empty, I remember back when I wished I could get it to just stop leaking oil.......hell, even more recently with the EVOs, just to get it to quit blowing head gaskets every six thousand miles.  Then I remember, the glass isn't half empty, it's half full.  I hope he's able to get there in short order.  If not, I hope that he's able to find somebody that wants that bike bad enough that he can get most of his money back right now.

There was a point in my life when I bought a Goldwing......just because it was so much faster.  I had that bike about three months and went back to riding Ultra Classics.  I could give you a list of what that bike was lacking.  And issues......jump on a Honda forum or a BMW forum and read about the issues.  You can read about them in Motorcycle Consumer News.  HD doesn't have the monopoly on quality issues. 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 12:29:33 PM »

I remember thinking the only thing I was disappointed that my SESG didn't have when I purchased it was braided clutch and brake lines and the fact that it didn't come with the upgraded audio system and XM as standard, like in the SEUC.  (Definitely didn't care that the GPS didn't come standard).  As far as fasteners and such, no Harley has ever come with chrome fasteners, that's always something that's left up to the buyer.  (A lot of folks go with marine stainless steel instead of chrome when they replace the fasteners).  With the exception of what I mentioned above, I got exactly what I expected a CVO Street Glide to be.  I didn't expect lowers or a tour pak as then it wouldn't be a Street Glide, but just another Electra Glide and I might as well have bought another SEUC.   One of the selling points to me was the contrast wheels over all chrome....I love those, especially on the Spiced Rum color that I have.  I think the contrast wheels were put on the SESG with the Spiced Rum color in mind.  I do agree that the contrasts don't look as good on the blue and red, but the all-chrome ones, IMO, look absolutely terrible on the Spiced Rum.  But that's one of the reasons the MoCo doesn't put "everything" on their CVO's, it still, just like buying a regular line HD, leaves room for personalization. 

:devil: 

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Ron Hawkins

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG Stardust Silver
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 01:23:21 PM »

I aggree that HD leaves us room to make these our own,but it also sounds like a" Monday" build.

Ron in ICT
Ron In ICT
Silver 09 SERG
I.B.A. 45113

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »

I aggree that HD leaves us room to make these our own,but it also sounds like a" Monday" build.

Ron in ICT

Sounds more like a dealer's sloppy PDI ....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 10:08:22 PM »

PDI - Pre Delivery Inspection

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 11:30:13 PM »

Hah- I was wondering what the chit PDI was.............. :P
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 11:48:19 PM »

I absolutely love mine, bolts and nuts and cables wouldn't change my mind !

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 12:57:57 AM »

All I have to say to the author of this post is that since you seem to have so many complaints, I sure as he$$ hope you didn't buy it.  :oops: I frankly look at the laundry list of sniveling and if you are a "unhappy street glide owner" as you claim, well its not H-D's fault your sniveling falls after your purchase, maybe your eyes should have been open when you opened you wallet with your "tinker bell" list of issues and complaints. Geez just think, you would not be sniveling on a forum with happy Street Glide owners like myself. Get over yourself :zwtf:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 05:42:39 AM »

Hey guys, he's entitled to his opinion even if we don't understand it.  That is until he implys that the SESG quality is something below an an 05 Night Train.  That bike isn't even in the same league, let alone the same class. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 07:43:44 AM »

The reason the hardware aren't chrome is the DOT requies that critical fastners cannot be chromed from the manufacture. It will always be the owners responsibilty to chrome. Just add it to you wish list.

Every Harley I have purchased has never remained stock more than 30 minutes after landing in my garage. Get over it and let the mods start. The SESG is a great platform to start from.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
       Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.