Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: complaint about new FLHXSE build  (Read 10136 times)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
Re: complaint about new FLHXSE build
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 08:24:09 AM »

here go's...previous bike was a 2005 night train...which i still have..
quality sucks on my new bike i picked up week,was looking it over,getting ready to install new exhaust.
found heat shield on front pipe loose,bolt holding clamp on crossover pipe too short going into bracket..no treads.
also note,,,whats up with the missing chrome fasteners...
Hand controls are chrome ,,but fasteners holding them on are unfinished???
Lower fork legs are chrome but fasteners holding on brake calipers are unfinished
Back rest support bolts are unfinished going through chrome bracket
starter is black?...why??? the rest is gray.
disc brake..rear...is old style...not floating...doesn't even match the front...some old stock laying around?
hydraulic lines are not the diamond lines..there the cheap ones...and the clutch lines are black.???huh.
all for $30,999.....
I'm sure ill find more...my fx is more quality product at $13,500 than this
unhappy street glide owner

As most of you know I love my SESG but all the items MCRIDER listed are valid. All issues I had to accept when I bought it he didnt mention the seats that dont fit either.

Give the new member a break!!

With a little saddle time he'll be glad he bought it/ Hell I'm even starting to like the contrast wheels and that's a major change for me.

The MOCO did not put their best effort into the finishing touches on this CVO as they did with the 09 Road Glide. That was much better execution as to finish IMHO.

Still roll her out in the sun jump on and twist the throttle and hold on. There will be a smile on your face quickly!
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »

All I have to say to the author of this post is that since you seem to have so many complaints, I sure as he$$ hope you didn't buy it.  :oops: I frankly look at the laundry list of sniveling and if you are a "unhappy street glide owner" as you claim, well its not H-D's fault your sniveling falls after your purchase, maybe your eyes should have been open when you opened you wallet with your "tinker bell" list of issues and complaints. Geez just think, you would not be sniveling on a forum with happy Street Glide owners like myself. Get over yourself :zwtf:

Been drinking the Kool-Aid, have we?  Obviously you are one of those Harley "faithful" who think Harley does no wrong and therefore any criticism should be met with disdain and ridicule.  I'm sure the current out-of-touch management at Harley loves you. 

I recommend you take a little of your own advice, and "get over yourself".  And since you are obviously the final arbiter of what is good and what isn't on a SESG, I suggest you go find all those previous posts that have been made in many different threads by many different people about these same issues, and accuse those folks of "sniveling" and having "tinker bell" lists of issues as well.  After all, you don't want to appear to be picking on just one person, people might think you're a jerk.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 01:45:48 PM »

here go's...previous bike was a 2005 night train...which i still have..
quality sucks on my new bike i picked up week,was looking it over,getting ready to install new exhaust.
found heat shield on front pipe loose,bolt holding clamp on crossover pipe too short going into bracket..no treads.
also note,,,whats up with the missing chrome fasteners...
Hand controls are chrome ,,but fasteners holding them on are unfinished???
Lower fork legs are chrome but fasteners holding on brake calipers are unfinished
Back rest support bolts are unfinished going through chrome bracket
starter is black?...why??? the rest is gray.
disc brake..rear...is old style...not floating...doesn't even match the front...some old stock laying around?
hydraulic lines are not the diamond lines..there the cheap ones...and the clutch lines are black.???huh.
all for $30,999.....
I'm sure ill find more...my fx is more quality product at $13,500 than this
unhappy street glide owner

This may be a little off the subject. I was installing a harness for my battery tender the other day. I removed the seat, removed control module, and next to the upper battery tray I see a part plugged into a harness, surprisingly the part label said " Assembled in China "  :o  Is this normal? I thought all parts were assembled in US....
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 01:50:15 PM »

Get over it and let the mods start. The SESG is a great platform to start from.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
       Brad

Well said Brad.

My wife would like a SESG also, but we (like JC's Terrie) have some much money in the 09 FLHX we will keep it.  Would have to start over again with the SESG.. 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

This may be a little off the subject. I was installing a harness for my battery tender the other day. I removed the seat, removed control module, and next to the upper battery tray I see a part plugged into a harness, surprisingly the part label said " Assembled in China "  :o  Is this normal? I thought all parts were assembled in US....
The end product (bike) is, but the components of the bike are assembled all over with a lot of them being overseas (China). Unfortunately this is the norm for a lot of products we purchase these days. Cheap labor to produce the products means more profit for the end seller.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 02:14:31 PM »

I think the author has a good point, and that fact that he feels comfortable enough to share his gripes with the likes of us speaks volumes to how far along the site has come.

Problem is that we have grown accustomed to an expensive product being thrown together like a piece of crap... but we accept it as a requirement (read right of passage) of belonging to a brand name loyal group.

Bottom line is that until more guys like him stand up, we are still going to be paying too much for carelessness and garbage.

This is one of the reasons why my current HD will be my last.

Thanks for the info on the non-chrome fasteners, I wasn't aware that it was a DOT thing.

If we get a chit product from McDonald's we return it right away for our $2.39 back... so why are we so accepting when we fork out 35k? :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 02:16:04 PM by murphy »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »

I think the author has a good point, and that fact that he feels comfortable enough to share his gripes with the likes of us speaks volumes to how far along the site has come.

Problem is that we have grown accustomed to an expensive product being thrown together like a piece of crap... but we accept it as a requirement (read right of passage) of belonging to a brand name loyal group.

Bottom line is that until more guys like him stand up, we are still going to be paying too much for carelessness and garbage.

This is one of the reasons why my current HD will be my last.

Thanks for the info on the non-chrome fasteners, I wasn't aware that it was a DOT thing.

If we get a chit product from McDonald's we return it right away for our $2.39 back... so why are we so accepting when we fork out 35k? :nixweiss:

The only way you get back at any company, so to speak, is to not buy their product.  I personally don't feel like I got a piece of chit from the MoCo and knew up front before I bought it, that it wasn't going to have everything on it that I wanted.  It's been that way with HD since I can remember...that's nothing new.  It's up to each individual to determine what's acceptable to them for what they're paying.  Everybody knows, or should know, that there isn't a motorcyle manufacturer out there that makes a bike that has everything on it you'd expect for whatever price...if there was, there'd be no need for parts and accessories or aftermarket parts manufacturers.   Let's face it, the after sale P&A is a big money maker for all of the motorcycle industry, not just Harley.  I've had Honda and BMW, and neither of those bikes came with everything that I expected (or wanted) on them.  Everybody's different in what they want and expect for what they pay.  It's impossible to please everyone. 

:devil: 

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 03:11:18 PM »

FOR SALE: My Last Harley Davidson

Guess this has actually turned out to be a productive thread.  It's sorted out the "nay sayers" and "last timers" for HD bikes and opened the door for the folks with brand loyalty, smiles and those finishing off the factory platform bikes for their own, individual pride of ownership.  

Might be time to start a Selling Thread entitled For Sale: My Last Harley Davidson .... and allow the Kool Aid drinkers and HD faithful to bid on these ill-assembled, junk, garbage, overpriced, unfinished, poorly painted machines with bad motors from a mismanaged company with terrible dealers and no support. Overpriced HD Motorclothes can be included in the same package.

I'll bid .... love the taste of the Kool Aid, especially on resale .....  ;D

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 05:30:44 PM »

Don't care who ya R That's FUNNY
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

mcriderone

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 06:06:24 PM »

not sniffling...just blowing off steam about fit and finish...I'm from the days when your Harley ran by miles you have on it  and how it was leaking oil.
i accept all your comment...except from you yuppie scum.
oh...how you like your tool kit ..made in Tiawan..*&^%..what about Snap ON or ?
maybe they need to get rid of the gold key and fancy cover and put more site into..chrome starter,floating rear disc,satellite radio,led fron turnsignals
lets buy American made and start acting like Americans and have pride it what we do and make.
thats why i wear Danner boots and not made in china Harley boots..common...

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »

Like many here, I am a very long time rider and purchaser of new Harleys--26 to date. I currently own a 2006 Destroyer VRXSE and a 2010 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE.

In my experience, I agree that the 2010 CVO Street Glide is both one of the best motorcycles I have owned and at the same time has the distinction of having the most issues of all of the 25 other new Harleys I have owned. I posted my experiences in the Street Glide Issues topic thread so I won't repeat them here.

Using a proactive approach, I have resolved everything but the paint issues. The resolution to this problem is awaiting approval from the Harley Zone Representative to replace the parts (now going on 3 weeks).

This issue in my experience, is one that wouldn't be detected in the inspection process during the paint preparation process. It needed to "surface" like it has in about 3 months after painting.

However the lessons learned here for Harley should be directed to the lack of use of rubber gloves and/or a final wiping process to remove finger prints and oil from the surface prior to painting.

The second part in my assessment is attributed to the current financial straits the Motor Company is in that requires approval from a Harley representative for all paint issues that are returned under warranty.

With the reduction of these people on their payroll, its kind of like the old days in the wild west that required waiting for the circuit judge to show up in town before a trial can be held.

At this point I have no idea when I can expect approval and the parts will show up. I'll provide more updates for the benefit of others who may experience this issue as I receive more  information.

I think we will all agree with this example that newer buyers as opposed to long time buyers would become disenchanted and would not buy another product from Harley. Longtime buyers like me may agree that you remain diligent and ride it out.

When this issue is resolved, I believe there won't be any more issues to resolve and I'll continue enjoying this bike as most all of you are.

Parts and Upgrades agree that we CVO Street Glide owners should have received the upgraded radio.

I also agree with the assessment that the lowers and tour pack are not part of the Street Glide's intended design. But they are part of one of the other touring platforms.

Some who elected to add these parts may have received a better value if they had purchased the CVO Ultra and made it somewhat a Street Glide.

However, in the end personalization of your bike is your business and your option. I believe it's a huge part of the fun with this hobby. I know I enjoy it. But it is an expensive "mistress" to say the least.

I appreciate the opportunity to rationally exchange views about these issues and riding experiences.

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »

Well said CVOStreetglide.
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 09:03:01 PM »

I have a SESG on order and have noted all the quality and warranty problems everyone else has experienced with their bikes. Thank you all for the incite into the minor deficiencies that can be addressed by the Moco with pressure from the consumer and dealers alike.  :2vrolijk_21: you won't see me canceling my order on what I believe to be the best production Harley to date.  :orange:
Hawg

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »

It is interesting to me that the torque specs weren't followed in a very large percentage of bolts and fasteners on my bike. As I mentioned in my previous post, I took the service manual and torqued everything to the printed specs in the manual one section at a time.

Since this was a hand assembled model it troubled me that so little attention was paid to the fasteners and the correct torque specs.

I have had more thought on the "co-mingling" of CVO's into the standard assembly line and offer the following:

While at the Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green (I like to go there occasionally) I watched the standard Corvettes travel down the assembly line along with an occasional Z06. The same dilligent attention was paid to both "In The Line" and the cars seemed to pass all of the final tests. So in the case of Harley, in my mind, going forward as it was pointed out in a earlier post, it just may be a good thing if CVO's are handled in a similiar manner if the quality goes up.  

We will all see won't we?  

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:07:15 PM by CVOStreetglide »

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 05:00:14 PM »

Ah, Bowling Green, the motherland. 
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.