Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: complaint about new FLHXSE build  (Read 10138 times)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: complaint about new FLHXSE build
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »

not sniffling...just blowing off steam about fit and finish...I'm from the days when your Harley ran by miles you have on it  and how it was leaking oil.
i accept all your comment...except from you yuppie scum.
oh...how you like your tool kit ..made in Tiawan..*&^%..what about Snap ON or ?
maybe they need to get rid of the gold key and fancy cover and put more site into..chrome starter,floating rear disc,satellite radio,led fron turnsignals
lets buy American made and start acting like Americans and have pride it what we do and make.
thats why i wear Danner boots and not made in china Harley boots..common...
Thanks for the boot info I have been looking for a quality boot, we can get Red Wing boots up here (Canada) but the Made in USA selection is limited.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 08:13:18 PM by Hawg »
Hawg

mcriderone

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 10:31:03 PM »

AllensFasteners.com is the place to buy chrome fasteners cheap...im replacing my unfinished to match the chrome.
keep the rubber side down

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 09:20:54 PM »

I am not going to knock anyone for their opinion. But I do have a story, last March and sold my Road King that I spent five years customizing and bought a BMW 1300GT. I'm not talking the big touring rig here but the sport Grand Torismo -  got the helmet with the phone in it the bluetooth gps the whole freaking thing and I'm here to tell ya THAT BIKE WAS A PIECE OF chit! Controll switches failed on both sides - push start and nothing happens, hit a directional and again nothing happens, it was bad. BMW did not even tell folks of the problems until a few months after the bike hit the market because they did not have the parts literally stranding people all over the country. They still have fueling problems causing the bikes to stall out - there is even a NTSB recall. Think we Harley guys have problems? Take a little trip over to Kbikes.com and listen to the BMW crowd. We would never tolerate that level of issues. I came to my senses and sold the thing as fast as I could. Bought my Blue sight unseen and love the bike.
Its not perfect I have some stuff that I had to deal with and some adds to make it mine but all in all I really can't complain. The thing I like the best about my CVO is not the paint or the wheels or any of the stuff that I added up to justify the 31k for me it's the way it drives. The 110 is pretty incredible you have to admit the powercurve is just right and its incredibly smooth. Nothing is perfect but we really are better off than we would think.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 11:56:08 PM »

I am not going to knock anyone for their opinion. But I do have a story, last March and sold my Road King that I spent five years customizing and bought a BMW 1300GT. I'm not talking the big touring rig here but the sport Grand Torismo -  got the helmet with the phone in it the bluetooth gps the whole freaking thing and I'm here to tell ya THAT BIKE WAS A PIECE OF chit! Controll switches failed on both sides - push start and nothing happens, hit a directional and again nothing happens, it was bad. BMW did not even tell folks of the problems until a few months after the bike hit the market because they did not have the parts literally stranding people all over the country. They still have fueling problems causing the bikes to stall out - there is even a NTSB recall. Think we Harley guys have problems? Take a little trip over to Kbikes.com and listen to the BMW crowd. We would never tolerate that level of issues. I came to my senses and sold the thing as fast as I could. Bought my Blue sight unseen and love the bike.
Its not perfect I have some stuff that I had to deal with and some adds to make it mine but all in all I really can't complain. The thing I like the best about my CVO is not the paint or the wheels or any of the stuff that I added up to justify the 31k for me it's the way it drives. The 110 is pretty incredible you have to admit the powercurve is just right and its incredibly smooth. Nothing is perfect but we really are better off than we would think.

I like the way you think Pete.  The CVO SG is my 5th HD counting my wifes bikes and it is my 7th overall.  This is the best bike I have owned hands down-JMO.  Lets not knock folks for speaking their mind regarding how their experience with the bike and/or MoCo.  What I have liked about this site is that there are so many voices with different perspectives and thats good.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »

I am not going to knock anyone for their opinion. But I do have a story, last March and sold my Road King that I spent five years customizing and bought a BMW 1300GT. I'm not talking the big touring rig here but the sport Grand Torismo -  got the helmet with the phone in it the bluetooth gps the whole freaking thing and I'm here to tell ya THAT BIKE WAS A PIECE OF chit! Controll switches failed on both sides - push start and nothing happens, hit a directional and again nothing happens, it was bad. BMW did not even tell folks of the problems until a few months after the bike hit the market because they did not have the parts literally stranding people all over the country. They still have fueling problems causing the bikes to stall out - there is even a NTSB recall. Think we Harley guys have problems? Take a little trip over to Kbikes.com and listen to the BMW crowd. We would never tolerate that level of issues. I came to my senses and sold the thing as fast as I could. Bought my Blue sight unseen and love the bike.

I said it elsewhere in this forum.......go to the BMW or the Goldwing forums and you'll find many unhappy owners with lists of complaints about their bikes.  HD doesn't have a monopoly on it.  By the way, we're just closing a lemon law claim on our 2006 BMW sedan.  The Ultimate Driving Machine, but they're taking it back and giving us our money back.  

The moral of this statement is that the best have issues.  Harley is the best (IMO) but it has areas they could improve. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 07:20:25 PM »

Just remember, if they were perfect when we got them, we couldn't have so much fun making them our own! ;D And I'm on my 5th (and best CVO) :)
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 01:14:56 AM »

I said it elsewhere in this forum.......go to the BMW or the Goldwing forums and you'll find many unhappy owners with lists of complaints about their bikes.  HD doesn't have a monopoly on it.  By the way, we're just closing a lemon law claim on our 2006 BMW sedan.  The Ultimate Driving Machine, but they're taking it back and giving us our money back.  

The moral of this statement is that the best have issues.  Harley is the best (IMO) but it has areas they could improve. :2vrolijk_21:

Well said JC....... :2vrolijk_21:
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »

Took back my neighbors 2003 BMW 745IL and replaced it with a 2007 525 less than a year later year they took back the 525. He's done with Beemers?

Never had any trouble with my 2006 BMW X5 but I'll stick with Mercedes!
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 02:45:57 AM »

Funny -

Everyone defend's the build quality ... unless it involves the seat. Too freakin' funny!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=41251.0

All the other issues (as you've stated) are just YOUR problem for feeling a bit "let down".

Riiiiight.

Crazy how folks can support nothing more than a perspective ...
By the way ... I just did $400 to re-chrome stuff that was the best H-D culd do (stock stuff).
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 09:43:12 AM »

use of rubber gloves and/or a final wiping process to remove finger prints and oil from the surface prior to painting.

They are still doing this  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2010, 01:36:10 PM »

They are still doing this  :nixweiss:

It took the HD Factory Rep about 2 minutes to see what I posted here. He then authorized the dealer to order the replacement parts. So we'll see what the next batch brings......

I'm happy though because sh... really does happen and it will hit each and every one of us sooner or later.

I am thinking that the real issue is when it does, will the vendor/business step up and do the right thing.  In my experience Harley has always done that for my rides.  So that's why I am a life long customer....26 new ones and counting.  

Regards

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:29:34 PM by CVOStreetglide »

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 04:05:51 PM »

It took the HD Factory Rep about 2 minutes to see what I posted here. He then authorized the dealer to order the replacement parts. So we'll see what the next batch brings......

I'm happy though because sh... really does happen and it will hit each and every one of us sooner or later.

I am thinking that the real issue is when it does, will the vendor/business step up and do the right thing.  In my experience Harley has always done that for my rides.  So that's why I am a life long customer. 

Regards

So, HD DOES read our forums?!?
Spada84
NoSofa!

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »

I have NO idea whether HD reads this forum.

I made an appointment with the factory rep at a dealer he was going to visit in his normal schedule so I could get the process of obtaining replacement parts started ASAP.

The other way is go to the dealer, argue with them, agree to disagree and then ask for the factory rep who may not be in the area for another month or so. I just cut the process off at the pass since virtually none of the paint warranty parts are being replaced these days without a factory rep approval.

ON THE OTHER HAND--I am also a member of a V-Rod Forum and have owned 2 of those monsters. On one occasion we members were discussing what the new models would look like and the usual speculation was taking place.  One member said "he happened to have the correct inside information directly from a HD Factory employee".  I responded that if he did get the information from that person they would be either fired or shot!!

The next day I had a reply posting just below mine from "Willie "G" himself saying that I was correct. So who knows who is lurking around these sites.....

Regards

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:06:29 PM by CVOStreetglide »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 04:37:19 PM »

Maybe the rep does, maybe he doesn't, but I have had conversations with the HD employees that do the shows and they all say the same thing.
"We look at CVOHarley all the time."

Now IMHO reading the site and giving a poop as to what our concerns/issues are appears to be a totally different matter.

But I have to say this, we love our Harley's even when the Motor Company doesn't appear to care about us.
What makes CVOHarley so successful is the friends, the knowledge and the experience of the members that helps each of us deal with the issues that the Motor Company refuses to deal with.

SBB 

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2010, 02:22:29 PM »

Very well said Chip :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.