Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rookie Questions on the Tequillia Sunrise CVO SG  (Read 2024 times)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
Rookie Questions on the Tequillia Sunrise CVO SG
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:17:05 AM »

I am trying to reserve an inbound bike due mid May and have several questions: Has anybody tired of the color? It's the most stunning and awsome color I've seen in the sunlight. After test riding the SG last week, does the klock werks 6.5 inch solve the problem of wind buffeting? I have taken some flame posts for this question on HDforums by the buffeting term. I ride without the windshield on my Road King 85% of the time and love being in the wind. The question is for the buffeting I feel on the SG. What is the value of the 110 motor? Does the CVO seat ride better than the standard SG seat? Any regretts on buying the CVO?
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Re: Rookie Questions on the Tequillia Sunrise CVO SG
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »

Will this sale be MSRP or are they gigging you a few extra grand?

Several guys here have gone with the Klock Werks shield and like it very much, me, I went with the Long Ride Shield. It seems to block the frontal assault very well and the side wind too. I've had a Klock Werks on my trike and it was OK but the side buffeting was an issue with me. If you use a windshield bag, once you get your TQ, you will need to watch for fitment with the KW shield. Not an issue with the Long Ride Shield. I use the 8" LRS on the TQ.

The seat is very comfortable on the SESG. There is a gap issue to the tank console that we and the SERG guys have been complaining about. HD is trying to fix that but others have gone with aftermarket seats that are just wonderful. Many posts about it in here.

You've got a few weeks of reading to catch up on.  :drink:

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 09:27:19 AM »

.... the value of the 110?  Are you asking dollar value or haul arse value? Once you get on the SESG and twist the wick... you will know.  :bananarock: :bananarock:

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »

My $.03 on a few of your questions:  All 3 colors are exceptional.  It was one of the hardest decisions and I traveled all over to see all 3.  The TS floored me and I actually was going to buy one that was available last Nov.  However, I wasn't sure of the long term impact of the color.  Would I still want it in a year or two?  Blue was my original choice so I went back to it and waited till Jan to take delivery.  Look at some of the photos that owners have posted and the color decision will get even harder.  I rode my Heritage 98% of the time without the windshield so I am also use to wind in the face.  The short SESG windshield does cause buffeting especially on windy days.  The buffeting hits me right in the eyes causing my glasses to bounce around.  Seems that there are many opinions on which windshield to buy.  After 1k miles, I'm still researching options.  The stock 110 motor is incredible!  :2vrolijk_21: (IMHO) With a few modifications, i.e. remove exhaust CAT and add a tuner, it only gets more impressive.  You can read of the seat fitment issues on this forum.  However, I find the stock seat to be very comfortable on long rides.  Regrets buying. . . . .  NO WAY! I'm just sorry I did't buy a CVO sooner except I also wanted a SESG!  :drink:  Good luck and enjoy the research phase.   

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 10:03:43 AM »

I just put a deposit down. MSRP plus freight and setup but I wanted an adjustable drivers backrest and a 6.5 inch klock werks winsheld thrown in. Basically free freight and prep. The dealer where I purchased my RK wanted $3k over(returning customer discount) and down here in Florida while on vacation none available and most wanted over MSRP.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 10:12:40 AM »

Congrats!  :bananarock:

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »

I just put a deposit down. MSRP plus freight and setup but I wanted an adjustable drivers backrest and a 6.5 inch klock werks winsheld thrown in. Basically free freight and prep. The dealer where I purchased my RK wanted $3k over(returning customer discount) and down here in Florida while on vacation none available and most wanted over MSRP.

I think the JAX dealer has one or one coming in
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

devoinbk

• CVO1: FLHXSE-Tequila
    • CVO2: FXSTB-Slammed to the Ground Big AZZ Motor
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »

I a little prejudice but Screaming Eagle Orange for me!

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »

SR is definitely the best color of the three, but I may be a little biased on this issue.  The 110 is a little noisy, but it runs.  I've been really ringing the throttle since I got the 1k service done and it puts a smile on my face.  I'm holding of on the X pipe and tune for a while, but the 2" baffles are inbound from Fullsac.  I need more grunt!!  I bought a dark smoke 8" recurve W/S from Clearview and the buffeting is gone.  The seat is OK.  My big butt wants a little bigger saddle, but I had no trouble putting on 250 miles one day and 200 the next.  I know that isn't far, but on my old V-Star I was praying for a place to stop after only 30 miles or so.  That bike's stock seat was brutal.  I may look into getting an Air Hawk for those long days of riding this summer.
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 02:30:51 PM »

If you like it stock, do a tuner on it..it only gets better.....not a full dyno tune if you plan on more mods--but when I first got the TTS  I just put in a base map until I got the X pipe. The bike ran better and cooler with just that.  You can always change maps after the mods.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »

I am trying to reserve an inbound bike due mid May and have several questions: Has anybody tired of the color? It's the most stunning and awsome color I've seen in the sunlight. After test riding the SG last week, does the klock werks 6.5 inch solve the problem of wind buffeting? I have taken some flame posts for this question on HDforums by the buffeting term. I ride without the windshield on my Road King 85% of the time and love being in the wind. The question is for the buffeting I feel on the SG. What is the value of the 110 motor? Does the CVO seat ride better than the standard SG seat? Any regretts on buying the CVO?

If you are not sure about the color or deal you are getting than this forum will help you find what you want.  You can look Here for some bikes that members here have spotted.

I think that you appear to be open to the fact that most owners tend to become satisfied with the product after some minor modifications.  Personally I believe that some exhaust and tune mods are a must as well as the windshield, however there are some reasonable price competitive options available.

As far as comfort for the seat goes I've heard more than one member here state that they really like the SESG seat above and beyond the standard SG seat, and also heard it stated that they believed that it was the most comfortable stock seat they had ever had.  There are existing fixes available for the seat gap flaw which exists with the seat, but the problem is correctable... albeit a pain.

There are other significant differences in the SESG and the standard SG that affect the performance such as the wheels, tires and suspension.  The combination of all the elements makes for what another long time member here states is the best riding HD he has ever owned.

All of the answers to just about everything you want to know about you bike is here, you just have to find it...   or wait for it to be said again.

Hope some of this helps.

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »

The Richmond Indiana dealer just called me back from my internet inquiry and they just sold their tequilia sunrise today. I did not know that within hours I would be really glad that I gave a deposit this morning.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.