Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The incredible wireless heated SESG seat  (Read 1846 times)

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
The incredible wireless heated SESG seat
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »

Interesting enough, as the warmer days approach, I'm finding that my stock SESG seat gets warm. Hey, that's a nice thing when it was cold outside but not when the temps hit mid 70's. It's not an electrically heated seat by any means as you all know but it gets as hotter than my cage heated seats in the winter. I call it the wireless heated seat. Just another HD marvel.

Here's the scoop...  literally. The stock SESG seat has a thin seat pan. Again, we all know this. When I purchased my TQ I also purchased the HD 58002-09 Mid-Frame Air Deflectors and I quote from their site... -->  Designed and tested for severe duty and extreme temperature applications. These black deflectors attach to the frame below the seat, and direct heat away from the rider to improve comfort on hot summer rides.

OK, well what I've found is they scoop the air from the motor and head pipes and direct it under the seat cavity thus my "Incredible Wireless Heated SESG Seat".

My question is...  anyone else getting their butt fried? I am thinking about calling RJ and asking him to make me a set of his. Seems they do not scoop air they redirect it and force the warm air down.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

-wiz

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: The incredible wireless heated SESG seat
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »

Interesting enough, as the warmer days approach, I'm finding that my stock SESG seat gets warm. Hey, that's a nice thing when it was cold outside but not when the temps hit mid 70's. It's not an electrically heated seat by any means as you all know but it gets as hotter than my cage heated seats in the winter. I call it the wireless heated seat. Just another HD marvel.

Here's the scoop...  literally. The stock SESG seat has a thin seat pan. Again, we all know this. When I purchased my TQ I also purchased the HD 58002-09 Mid-Frame Air Deflectors and I quote from their site... -->  Designed and tested for severe duty and extreme temperature applications. These black deflectors attach to the frame below the seat, and direct heat away from the rider to improve comfort on hot summer rides.

OK, well what I've found is they scoop the air from the motor and head pipes and direct it under the seat cavity thus my "Incredible Wireless Heated SESG Seat".

My question is...  anyone else getting their butt fried? I am thinking about calling RJ and asking him to make me a set of his. Seems they do not scoop air they redirect it and force the warm air down.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

-wiz

I've got the mid frame heat deflectors on  my SEUC, but have decided I don't need them on the SESG.  I've ridden the bike since last August and have no real issues with excessive heat coming up and frying my legs or my butt. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06:09:17 PM »

No real heat issues with my SR too.  Sure it gets warmer on the right than the left, but it has never been uncomfortable.  I keep touching the head of the rear cylinder with my right thigh when I sit at an intersection.  Don't want to leave it sitting there too long. 
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08:15:09 PM »

I took em off my 09 cuse4...cooler now

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 01:30:29 AM »

Get a C&C seat!!!!  Your "incredible wireless seat"  will cease to exist!!
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 08:32:45 AM »

Get a C&C seat!!!!  Your "incredible wireless seat"  will cease to exist!!

There ya go CT...  trying to spend my George Washington's again...   :P

I don't have a hall pass to spend cash on a seat right now... Uncle Sam saw to that when he took all of my milk money for his latest joy ride to Europe. So, you guys have taken your mid frame deflectors off for good huh? Sounds like experiment time. I can live with that...  will try it today! 

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.