Advanced search  

Author Topic: dyno  (Read 1084 times)

mrdinny

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2010FLHXSE
dyno
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »

just bought V&H power duels, slip ons and tuner for my bike. They are going to dyno once all is installed. Is the dyno OK to do on a brand new motor (200 miles)?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: dyno
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »

I would wait until after 1000 miles. At 200 the motor is not broken in yet and on the dyno they will run it up to redline.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: dyno
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »

just bought V&H power duels, slip ons and tuner for my bike. They are going to dyno once all is installed. Is the dyno OK to do on a brand new motor (200 miles)?

You'll get a lot of opinions on this and there are several threads on this already.  Your rings are seated at about 50/60 miles so your motor is already "broke in".

Since the EVO motors, dealerships have been dynoing bikes before the owner even takes delivery (I had it done on two bikes).  It didn't seem to have any negative affect on the motor.  Several of the "performance" magazines have published articles saying that it's O.K. once the rings are seated.  However, there are those who swear by the MoCo recommendations.  Although some claim the reason that the MoCo has such a long break in period (motors are built to a much closer tolerance now than they were back in the 50s and 60s.....requiring less break in) is to minamize their liability and to allow a new owner time to get familiar with the new bikes handling before they get out there and start riding to aggressive.  Your choice. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.