Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SESG OIL TEMP  (Read 2979 times)

devoinbk

• CVO1: FLHXSE-Tequila
    • CVO2: FXSTB-Slammed to the Ground Big AZZ Motor
SESG OIL TEMP
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:45:43 PM »

Check out my non MOCO Option...Screaming Eagle Oil Temp Gage

devoinbk

Re: SESG OIL TEMP
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:46:35 PM »

Close Up

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 02:52:30 PM »

Check out my non MOCO Option...Screaming Eagle Oil Temp Gage

So what's the rest of the story?  Are you saying this isn't part # 75320-05A - Oil Temperature Gauge - Fairing Mount, Aluminum Face? :nixweiss:

devoinbk

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 03:30:16 PM »

Ahhhhhh........... I'm not TRYING to say anything.  What I will SAY Mr. Catalog guy (if I need a part # I will check with you)  my boy put Dakota gauges in is 2009 SEUC and he GAVE me the oil temp gauge which bye the way, as I'm sure you know being the catalog expert that you seem to be,  is not but should be standard on this Not So Standard Machine.  In the future if I or anyone else in this forum is unsure where to obtain a factory part or accessory I will refer them to you ;D ;D

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »

Nah, It's not that, you just have to look at this thread to see how much talk has covered that gauge.
H-D Oil Temp Gauge - no go for FLHXSE?

For me personally I have only put my leg over a bike once in about 15 months: Sapper Goes Down Under, so I spend most of my time reading and planning for the future.  That's what happens when your stationed in a combat zone :2vrolijk_21:  

BTW Your son probably had to have that gauge installed as well.  Even the ultra or the SEUC doesn't come with the an oil temp gauge, they get the same air temp gauge as us SESG owners.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 03:57:52 PM »

And I am sure in the dark that gauge is not as bright as the others in the dash....

devoinbk

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 04:16:57 PM »

Not to diminish in anyway what you and the rest of our sons and daughters are doing overseas, but some of us actually work in combat zones here at home and have done so for the  17+ years, Brownsville Brooklyn.  I am here by choice as are you so lets not our vocations of choice cloud this anymore.  Maybe you should have been an English teacher instead of a soldier since you feel the need correct and direct peoples posts.  Come to think of it, that is a tremendous problem with educators they are to busy telling and not doing enough listening.  In any event if you feel that  I have cluttered the forum with an excessive or unnecessary post feel free to bring it to the attention of the Moderator, I will not be offended

P.S.  @ mjb765 he actually, don't ask me how changed the tiny bulb to LED and it is just as bright,  will take a night shot tonight if you like...since you are so sure and all

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 04:20:41 PM »

There is an entire thread on changing the bulb to LED also....So then it is probably close to or as bright. I stand corrected.. :2vrolijk_21:

devoinbk

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »

So I guess you don't need pic then, being so sure and all.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 04:22:35 PM »

Not to diminish in anyway what you and the rest of our sons and daughters are doing overseas, but some of us actually work in combat zones here at home and have done so for the  17+ years, Brownsville Brooklyn.  I am here by choice as are you so lets not our vocations of choice cloud this anymore.  Maybe you should have been an English teacher instead of a soldier since you feel the need correct and direct peoples posts.  Come to think of it, that is a tremendous problem with educators they are to busy telling and not doing enough listening.  In any event if you feel that  I have cluttered the forum with an excessive or unnecessary post feel free to bring it to the attention of the Moderator, I will not be offended

P.S.  @ mjb765 he actually, don't ask me how changed the tiny bulb to LED and it is just as bright,  will take a night shot tonight if you like...since you are so sure and all

Dude, that's just way out of line. You may not have offended Sapper, but you've offended me. And, I'm an old anti-war hippie.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »

So I guess you don't need pic then, being so sure and all.

When someone tries to help then admits to not having thought of the possibility of you already having the bulb changed, you can leave out the "being so sure and all" since you said it once already  :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »

.....  Maybe you should have been an English teacher instead of a soldier since you feel the need correct and direct peoples posts.  Come to think of it, that is a tremendous problem with educators they are to busy telling and not doing enough listening.  In any event if you feel that  I have cluttered the forum with an excessive or unnecessary post feel free to bring it to the attention of the Moderator, I will not be offended

Maybe you should get to know some of the members of this forum before you are so quick to assume their intent... maybe as you say "listen". No one was trying to offend you, just bringing to your attention that others had done the same mod as you and some of the things that were noticed/observed when doing this mod.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »

Maybe you should get to know some of the members of this forum before you are so quick to assume their intent... maybe as you say "listen". No one was trying to offend you, just bringing to your attention that others had done the same mod as you and some of the things that were noticed/observed when doing this mod.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

devoinbk

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 04:35:57 PM »

So you think that this post his original post;

"So what's the rest of the story?  Are you saying this isn't part # 75320-05A - Oil Temperature Gauge - Fairing Mount, Aluminum Face?"

was constructive in it's intent?  Was he trying to help a fellow rider or just being bored and obnoxious. 

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »

i only see one obnoxious person in this thread, if you plan to insult everyone who replies to your threads find another forum to post on
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.