Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Tour Pack  (Read 12986 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Tour Pack
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »

I can put my helmet in my Razor along with a lot of other stuff. Makes it much easier to carry into hotel rooms also. :) But like I said, I only have me to worry about, no extra baggage to lug around.  :)

We all tear the paper differently.  And thank God we're not all alike......it'd be a very boring world.

I carry mine.......from the bike........one foot over to the cart! ;D   My tour pack carries:  ice chest, camera bag with all acces., monopod, Temperpedic travel pillow, various over the counter medicines and first aid kit, my other gloves, etc.  It all goes on the cart, along with the tour pack......when we get to the hotel.  Things you'd never get in a razor (or a chopped, for that matter).....gotta have the ice chest in there! :2vrolijk_21:

Saddle bags just get locked with everything in them (leathers, tools, spray cleaner/polish and microfiber towels, etc.)  Unlike when I was a youngster, I'm now more concerned about traveling in comfort than in to cool for school.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »

CUL8R-I love it  :2vrolijk_21:  Where did you find yours?  Color matched well?  I'm looking for a Christmas gift for myself and I may have found it.

I ordered through my dealer, Hale's HD in Mansfield Ohio. I got 20% off. You can get them through any HD Dealer and it does comes with the flames on it. I have to tell you it sure does give it a long lean custom look. And it does hold more then what you all may think. For me, it's perfect. JMHO. 

sinktip

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »

Do you have a part number for yours? Does it have the flames on it ? Did you buy your bike used? It may have an after market or someone took a chopped and had it painted to match.

Sorry no part number. Yes it was purchased used. It is possible that it was painted to match but yes it has the matching flames. I assumed it was available in 2010 but maybe not. If it was painted it was a nice job as it matches perfectly. If I could get to it, i would snap a picture. Itis currently buried behind Christmas decoration boxes.

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 06:02:33 PM »

Sorry no part number. Yes it was purchased used. It is possible that it was painted to match but yes it has the matching flames. I assumed it was available in 2010 but maybe not. If it was painted it was a nice job as it matches perfectly. If I could get to it, i would snap a picture. Itis currently buried behind Christmas decoration boxes.

I was thinking of taking that path myself at first until I added the cost of a non-painted Chopped TP and then the cost of having someone paint it and put the flames on. Thats when I decided on the Razor.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 09:11:39 PM »

For me, I ride alone. It was either the Razor or the King. HD does not make the chopped for the 2010 CVO Street Glides. I did not like the look of the King. I wanted something functional but yet looked different and would set the bike off. So I got the Razor. There is way more room then what you would think. I can fit my helmet (half helmet), my leathers (jacket & Chaps) a sweater and more in it. So between the saddle bags and the tour pack I can carry a lot. I get nothing but positive remarks by other riders and they all say that looks pretty cool and is perfect for that bike. And when I open it and show them how much room it has, everyone always says WOW, who would have ever thought. 

CUL8R - I gotta say that your Razor Pak looks EXCELLENT on your Tequila Sunrise SESG!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 08:06:24 AM »

CUL8R - I gotta say that your Razor Pak looks EXCELLENT on your Tequila Sunrise SESG!

Thank you! It works for me and thats all counts.

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 09:09:18 AM »

We all tear the paper differently.  And thank God we're not all alike......it'd be a very boring world.

I carry mine.......from the bike........one foot over to the cart! ;D   My tour pack carries:  ice chest, camera bag with all acces., monopod, Temperpedic travel pillow, various over the counter medicines and first aid kit, my other gloves, etc.  It all goes on the cart, along with the tour pack......when we get to the hotel.  Things you'd never get in a razor (or a chopped, for that matter).....gotta have the ice chest in there! :2vrolijk_21:

Saddle bags just get locked with everything in them (leathers, tools, spray cleaner/polish and microfiber towels, etc.)  Unlike when I was a youngster, I'm now more concerned about traveling in comfort than in to cool for school.

I guess the moral of this thread is get what will meet your needs and what you like. I have two bikes and I do not use the CVO for long road trips as much as my other bike. I use the CVO more for bike shows and one or two day trips. In times when I do need more room, I just tie down an extra bag between me and the TP which then works as back rest. :) So for those who will need to carry a lot of stuff like JCZ, you will definitely want the King TP. Once I got the Razor I have to admit I do like the cool factor it added to the bike plus it meets my needs. I carry my rain gear, leather jacket, chaps, gloves, gallon size plastic bag full of misc. items and my Nikon SLR camera and accessories in it and still have room for my half helmet. So I am very happy with it. Ride safe all.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »

I guess the moral of this thread is get what will meet your needs and what you like. I have two bikes and I do not use the CVO for long road trips as much as my other bike. I use the CVO more for bike shows and one or two day trips. In times when I do need more room, I just tie down an extra bag between me and the TP which then works as back rest. :) So for those who will need to carry a lot of stuff like JCZ, you will definitely want the King TP. Once I got the Razor I have to admit I do like the cool factor it added to the bike plus it meets my needs. I carry my rain gear, leather jacket, chaps, gloves, gallon size plastic bag full of misc. items and my Nikon SLR camera and accessories in it and still have room for my half helmet. So I am very happy with it. Ride safe all.

Nikon DSLR??  That begs the question......"where are all your ride reports?"  ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »

Nikon DSLR??  That begs the question......"where are all your ride reports?"  ;D

I retired from the Phone company after 21 years this past June and am now working for a good friend that owns the Thunder Roads Ohio Magazine as a bike rep. So I take a lot of pictures and attend a lot of events throughout Ohio. Facebook page is TR OHIO. You can pick up the magazine for free at many HD dealers and other biker friendly places. Or go to our website and get a free subscription. (We only charge for the postage). Just about every state has its own Thunder Roads franchise magazine. You may have heard of it :)

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 04:00:10 PM »

Do you have the tour pack part # and do you need to order the mounting hardware Part # if need.

Thanks
    Dante
DND

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »

CUL8R...Razor looks great...that's what I'll be getting when available for my 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom....between the saddlebags and the Razor, it is all I'll ever need...if I need to carry any more stuff like JCZ, then I'll drive the SUV! ;D

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 08:26:59 PM »

Nah.   The king makes most sense.  Why not being able to just load r up?   I know that's  what I do.  Arrive at the hotel, the keep it in the room.  Simple   :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:29:42 AM by cvostu »

99c5pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide - Citrus Orange!!
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »

I struggled with getting the king tour pack or the chop pack for my 2012 CVO SG.  I went with the King Tour pack which has the quick release on it. I will use it when going on long trips and can load it up for the long haul. For touring around on a weekend I will take it off. Its quick and easy to take on and off.
99c5pilot - 2012 CVO Street Glide - Citrus Orange
Castle Rock, Colorado & Wasilla, Alaska

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »

Do you have the tour pack part # and do you need to order the mounting hardware Part # if need.

Thanks
    Dante

Here is the link to the HD website for the razor and part numbers. The back rest is sold separate. I got a 20% discount from my dealer because I have spent my life savings with them. LOL!!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448774103&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302491575&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302491575&locale=en_US&locale=en_US&bmUID=1325115631023&bmLocale=en_US

If the link does not work, just got the HD website, click on PARTS, in the drop down then click on NEW PARTS, then TOURING, then page 4. 

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 08:47:18 PM »

Just a note for anyone about to get a new bike. I argued with the dealer for days on price, etc.  Then once the deal was done I said I would only do the deal if they gave me all the extra parts I wanted with the bike for 20% off. They made the deal and then I gave them the list of parts I wanted with the SG; ie tourpak and a whole lot more. It added up to about $8000 total so that saved me $1600 to make the bike just the way I wanted it. (also contained labor for motor work at 20% off)

jb
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.388 seconds with 21 queries.