Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXDSE rear pegs  (Read 4264 times)

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
FXDSE rear pegs
« on: June 11, 2007, 05:36:33 PM »

I am new to the site, hello CVO riders!  My 1st screaming eagle is my 07 Dyna (blue).  I traded my 05 low rider in, couldn't resist.  Few things I had go wrong.  My rear pegs would not stay up.  I had to put the regular nuts & bolts on there, replacing the "pin" set-up.  Not well designed at all.  Did anyone else have this?  The other is more specific to my bike; the bolt that holds the gas tank to the front of the frame was loose from day 1.  It ended up chipping the paint on the tank extension that holds the bolt. That sux.  Harley wants it for 2 weeks to send it back to the factory!

June 2007.  HD has given me chrome nuts & bolts to replace the pin system they used.  They do not fall down anymore.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:34:59 AM by soulfly »
THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: FXDSE rear pegs
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:52:46 PM »

Sorry to hear your troubles, drop an intro of yourself in the new members thread. Glad you found the sight. You will get plenty of feed back from experts here. There are threads specific to the Dyna at the bottom of the home page.

SOKOOL

Smurfsdad

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 06:42:57 AM »

Welcome. My rear pegs won't stay up either. Haven't addressed this yet.

Smurfsdad
Smurfsdad

Jacktrician69

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »

YES....I have the same problem....I got some blots from the dealer, but have'nt installe them yet...I don't think I'll like the look of the bolts...so I'm just going to let them stay down, and be careful!!  Sometimes ya gudda compromise for the right look !!!  They also gave me a few new spring clips to help tighten them up.

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »

I had the same problem on my bike.  When I took it in for the first service I had the dealer put in another shim (sorry if that isn't the right technical name) which made it snugger in the rear peg and now they do not fall down all the time. :)

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 12:13:46 PM »

Had the same problem with my rear pegs. I told the service department that I wanted it fixed, and they did just that. Stainless allen bolt with a lock nut. They stay up all the time now... unless I want them down  ;D  And they look pretty good too, as does my right shin, now that the I am no longer hitting that damn peg with it when I get on the bike.

By the way... Cost = $0

BigMo

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 05:03:35 AM »

07 Dyna SE, mine do the same friggin thing. Hate it. I took them apart and tweaked the spring washer to make more tension, that helped some, ended up putting in a real thin shim/spacer. That helped more, but when I wind it through the gears, the left one wants to come down no matter what. I guess I will have to get the chrome bolt/nut deal to fix it.

BigMo

cdog

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »

Every visit to the dealer, I ask them to fix them.   They actually made them very loose this last time. 

I saw they were loose when I was picking it up, said to the service guy "Just go ahead and have the tech throw on a chrome bolt kit, I'll wait."  He went away, came back a few mins later "Uh, the tech says there is no chrome bolt kit."  Got so pissed I walked over to all their chrome bullchit, pulled the 'Chrome Footpeg Bolt Kit' off the wall, paid my $22, got on my bike and left.  HD Service biting it as usual.

The thing about the kit is that you still have to use the spring washers.  You put the bolts where the pins were and tighten them to about 90 ft-lbs before they start putting stress on the footpegs.  Aften tightening the hell out of them, the pegs will basically not move unless you apply significant force.
2007 CVO Dyna FXDSE, Rinehart Exhaust, PCIII.

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 05:15:38 PM »

Had the same problem with my rear pegs. I told the service department that I wanted it fixed, and they did just that. Stainless allen bolt with a lock nut. They stay up all the time now... unless I want them down  ;D  And they look pretty good too, as does my right shin, now that the I am no longer hitting that damn peg with it when I get on the bike.

By the way... Cost = $0

No way Fort Worth H-D could do anything that sensible, you must have taken it to Texas H-D in Bedford or or over to Grand Prairie , huh ??

:jalapeno: :cucumber:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 12:33:45 PM »

No way Fort Worth H-D could do anything that sensible, you must have taken it to Texas H-D in Bedford or or over to Grand Prairie , huh ??

:jalapeno: :cucumber:
You're right on the money. Took it to Texas H-D... but that's where I bought it. FW H-D is a lot closer, and sometimes they even get the problem fixed... LOL

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.