Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Glare Products  (Read 52001 times)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: Glare Products
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2007, 02:08:03 PM »

Just ordered a bottle of the Honda Glare Professional Polish, and 2 bottles of the Honda Glare Wash, and it came to a grand total of $41.00 with S/H.

Here is the website  www.hondadirectlineusa.com

I have no idea of there is any difference between this product and what you order directly from Glare, but the price is certainly better.

Later,
Ghost

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »

Just ordered a bottle of the Honda Glare Professional Polish, and 2 bottles of the Honda Glare Wash, and it came to a grand total of $41.00 with S/H.

Here is the website
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »

Same product, I checked into that prior to ordering from Honda as well.
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2007, 04:22:55 PM »

Lets start out saying I am an absolute beliver in this chit.  Was looking for a source on the Honda stuff to try and found this "independant review" from Web Bikeworld.  Never sure how much sponsor influence the tests have but this agrees with my experience, at least.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/glare-polish/glare-polish.htm

Maybe it will make someone on the fence see the light! 8-)

The link above charges sales tax in NC so I can't use them.  Pay way too much of that already....

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2007, 10:25:13 PM »

Lets start out saying I am an absolute beliver in this chit.
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2007, 08:25:12 AM »

Hey Spyd,

Found an outfit in Az that only charges tax there!  $19.95 + shipping.

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=29301

We gotta feed the metric dealers once in a while.  Bettern taxes!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2007, 05:10:36 AM »

There is a place in the Vendors Discount area of this website where you can order the Glare Products.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=9693.0

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2007, 12:01:56 PM »

OK, I have the concourse kit.  Do I use the micro before the spider or after and I understand all before the Glare Polish.

Thanks.  I put some on some smaller pieces and it looks better than when brand new. 

REGGAB

« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2007, 01:15:33 PM »

OK, I have the concourse kit.  Do I use the micro before the spider or after and I understand all before the Glare Polish.

Thanks.  I put some on some smaller pieces and it looks better than when brand new. 

Candy,
Use the Micro for scratches.......like the ones you get on the front and top of your saddlebags if you accidently drag a boot across it when you get on your bike.  Then follow with Spider and finally Pro Polish.  Use Spider to get out those pesky swirl marks from previous wipe downs and follow with Pro Polish.  Don't forget to do the first coat of Pro Polish by using just a little and rubbing it into the paint until it all but disappears.  Then apply a second coat and buff it out just like you would any other polish or wax.  Hope this helps.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2007, 11:10:17 PM »

Another one bites the dust...MORE $$$$$$

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

REGGAB

« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2007, 11:58:40 PM »

Another one bites the dust...MORE $$$$$$

Seegarz

Yeah......well.........no big deal.  You'll make more next month.  :2vrolijk_21:

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2007, 06:39:18 AM »

I was able to wash and then micro, then spyder then polish Jamey's bike yesterday.  I have four saddlebags, four side covers and a tour pak in the house that needs to be done still.  And of course my bike too.  But re Jamey's bike?  It looks fantastic.  If only we would have started with this polish from brand new, I think it would still look that way.  You can't expect a bike with 42000 miles on it to look brand new, but it looks very good, waaaaaay better than just using what I have sworn by for years - carnuba was.  Like I said, I've got to do my bike still and a few extra peices, but we will have to give the Glare polish a big time thumbs up.   :2vrolijk_21:

It is not a quick process mind you - In hind site, I should have started a week earlier.

REGGAB

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2007, 07:26:37 AM »

I was able to wash and then micro, then spyder then polish Jamey's bike yesterday.  I have four saddlebags, four side covers and a tour pak in the house that needs to be done still.  And of course my bike too.  But re Jamey's bike?  It looks fantastic.  If only we would have started with this polish from brand new, I think it would still look that way.  You can't expect a bike with 42000 miles on it to look brand new, but it looks very good, waaaaaay better than just using what I have sworn by for years - carnuba was.  Like I said, I've got to do my bike still and a few extra peices, but we will have to give the Glare polish a big time thumbs up.   :2vrolijk_21:

It is not a quick process mind you - In hind site, I should have started a week earlier.

Yeah Candy......it is alot of work in the beginning, but it really does pay out huge dividends.  Mr. We's scooter must have had alot of scratches and oxidation for you to get after the whole thing with Micro.  Good luck with your's.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2007, 07:33:04 AM »

Yeah Candy......it is alot of work in the beginning, but it really does pay out huge dividends.  Mr. We's scooter must have had alot of scratches and oxidation for you to get after the whole thing with Micro.  Good luck with your's.

OK, I must have misunderstood or something.  I thought I had to use all three products on all the bike parts.  Jamey's bike is the Black and Blue SEEG and the black parts did show a lot of swirl marks, but I put all three products on - using the three step process for all three.  Rub in all the way - 1.  Rub in and allow a film to haze up after about ten minutes - 2.  Buff off -3.  That was product one.  Rub in all the way - 1.  Rub in and allow a film to haze up after about ten minutes - 2.  Buff off -3.  That was product two.  Rub in all the way - 1.  Rub in and allow a film to haze up after about ten minutes - 2.  Buff off -3.  That was product three.

Was I only needing the polish if there is no evidence of oxidation (we have none of our bikes) or swirl marks - only his had on the black.  If so, I only need polish on my bike, and that will make the process much easier and faster. 

Thanks for the input.  I can use a break today.

:cherry:

REGGAB

« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2007, 07:47:40 AM »

OK, I must have misunderstood or something.  I thought I had to use all three products on all the bike parts.  Jamey's bike is the Black and Blue SEEG and the black parts did show a lot of swirl marks, but I put all three products on - using the three step process for all three.  Rub in all the way - 1.  Rub in and allow a film to haze up after about ten minutes - 2.  Buff off -3.  That was product one.  Rub in all the way - 1.  Rub in and allow a film to haze up after about ten minutes - 2.  Buff off -3.  That was product two.  Rub in all the way - 1.  Rub in and allow a film to haze up after about ten minutes - 2.  Buff off -3.  That was product three.

Was I only needing the polish if there is no evidence of oxidation (we have none of our bikes) or swirl marks - only his had on the black.  If so, I only need polish on my bike, and that will make the process much easier and faster. 

Thanks for the input.  I can use a break today.

:cherry:

WOW!  You worked a ton.  Candy, please see reply #113 this thread.  The general rule of thumb is, if it aint broke, don't fix it.  Use what you have to to get done what you need done.  If your not scratched, but only hace swirls............then use Spider only on the areas needing repair.  Use the ProPolish everywhere.........even chrome, wheels, wind screen.  It is still alot of work, but I bet you won't spend as much time on your scooter as you did Mr. We's.  Have a look at my fairing in my 4th of July pictures..............and that's after Renea and I had been out for about 75 miles of sunshine yesterday, and it still hasn't been wiped down.  The stuff is awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 24 queries.