Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: iTunes Expert Wanted  (Read 659 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
iTunes Expert Wanted
« on: August 13, 2018, 01:53:33 PM »

I know quite a bit about iTunes, but from time to time I get a notice on songs that have previously been in my iTunes library that they is not available.  It asks me if I want to locate the song.

Sometimes I can just go into my iTunes folder on my drive and just find the album or complete group from that artist and "add to library" to get them back.

But over the past couple months I've been having some issues with drives and booting up of the PC.

I had about 6tb of hard drives and the iTunes is on one 2tb drive as it has about 1.3tb of files (about 145k songs) in iTunes.  So I have a dedicated drive just for the music.  This drive has never been an issue and has always been available for access.

A little background on my PC.

I had one of my 2tb drives, the one I had dedicated to video/movies was the culprit that craped out and set up the PC.  I had a new 1tb SSD installed and loaded with Windows 7pro that I bought some time ago.  Actually I really didn't need to do that as the tech didn't remove the bad drive and hence, the PC would not boot up.  When he did the new SSD, he took all other drives out and then I worked.  I later found out the problem and have since taken my old original C: and cloned it to the new 1tb SSD.  The PC runs great and a bit faster, but the 1tb only had about 83gb available so I bought a new 2tb Micron SSD and cloned the 1tb SSD to the 2tb SSD.  So the new 2tb SSD works and I have all of the games etc along with all my other apps still working great with just over 1tb of available new C: space.

All of my original Playlists are there and "most" of my songs are playable, but I now have very large number with the notice that they are not accessible without locating them and adding them back to my library.

Now to my question.

Without reloading ALL of my 145k plus songs, how can I get back, or re-ad the ones I need into my library?

If someone has knowledge in this area, let me know and I can get more information.

Thanks in advance.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.