Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SEEG saddlebags rubbing on the inside  (Read 2208 times)

Heavy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
SEEG saddlebags rubbing on the inside
« on: April 03, 2004, 04:55:59 PM »

Took my saddlebags off today on the new bike for a wash and the left saddlebag on the backside has got two spots where it is rubbing through the clear coat, noticed that its rubbing on the side panels and that too is scratched. Is this normal for fiberglass bags ? I have always had leather. What should I do about it? Has this happened to anyone else?

starvin

Re: SEEG saddlebags rubbing on the inside
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 06:39:51 PM »

mine don't seem to be rubbing and i never had a problem with my classic so i don't think its normal I would have the dealer check it.

Road_Hog

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 01:19:18 PM »

Hey Heavy, what's the saddlebag rubbin' on?  On my SERK the seat is leaving a little mark on the inside top corner.  Can't see it unless I remove the bag.  I think I might be able to adjust the bag bracket by lowering it a little bit..., not sure but I'm gonna try.

Also removed the seat to access the plug to turn the turn signals into running/ brake lights.  Saw the adjustment cable for the rider's backrest was beginning to rub on top of the rear fender.  Took a piece of clear sticky plastic and put in underneath for now....For those with new bikes, you might be able to catch this early, especially if you plan on putting on a solo seat....The cable is also pretty long on my bike, could possibly shorten it up to solve the problem also....

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 04:52:06 PM »

My of SEEG is not rubbing, but my friend's (I only have one) 04 Ultra was rubbing on both of the side panels.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 09:10:11 AM »

Look at where the bags are rubbing and adjust (spelled BEND) the clips to move the bag away from the point of contact.
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.