Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Latest road rage video  (Read 6797 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: Latest road rage video
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »

this is way an ole hillbilly sees it. two (2) fools just met each other. neither one of those two are very smart. if, I was the judge both would be paying the caddy driver bills for quite a while.both made bad decisions. of, course I am not from ca. and I hear they do things different out there. oh well! 

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »

They sure so. Bassackwards

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 09:08:52 PM »

The law is the law. The rider will be found guilty if identified.  If first time offense probably probation and a few grand out of his pocket. He deserves way more than that!  Felony on his record would be appropriate.

this is way an ole hillbilly sees it. two (2) fools just met each other. neither one of those two are very smart. if, I was the judge both would be paying the caddy driver bills for quite a while.both made bad decisions. of, course I am not from ca. and I hear they do things different out there. oh well!

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 09:14:49 PM »

The law is the law. The rider will be found guilty if identified.  If first time offense probably probation and a few grand out of his pocket. He deserves way more than that!  Felony on his record would be appropriate.
got it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »

Haha. I know. I am off my soap box.
Now back to the originally scheduled programs.

got it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 01:08:47 AM »

every one missed the real crime,,,,operating a cell phone/camera while operating a motor vehicle. so the the man that filmed this whole event and my guess probably what started the deal in the first place between the dumb azz in the car and the bike. all three could have made better decisions. tapping out   :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:11:45 AM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 01:16:42 AM »

every one missed the real crime,,,,operating a cell phone/camera while operating a motor vehicle. so the the man that filmed this whole event and my guess probably what started the deal in the first place between the dumb azz in the car and the bike. all three could have made better decisions. tapping out   :nixweiss:

Listening to the instructions from one person to another at the end of the video I was left with the impression of the driver wasn't doing the filming.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »

:P
If they find the biker and the whole deal ends up in a court trial with a jury, I would recomment that (Road Dad) be excluded as a jury member. ;D

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 08:57:25 AM »

I don't see this pointed out in any of the responses, but read it elsewhere.  The car is 100% at fault as they broke the law crossing into the HOV lane at a point it's a solid line and you're not allowed to enter.  And the motorcycle was there and is allowed there.  I'm not from CA or familiar with HOV laws (Iowa doesn't have them) so I can't say this statement is factually correct, just what I read elsewhere.  Rider is still a jackass for kicking the car.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »

Haha yeah I agree. I might not be open minded in this case  :2vrolijk_21:

:P
If they find the biker and the whole deal ends up in a court trial with a jury, I would recomment that (Road Dad) be excluded as a jury member. ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 09:08:01 AM »

I don't see this pointed out in any of the responses, but read it elsewhere.  The car is 100% at fault as they broke the law crossing into the HOV lane at a point it's a solid line and you're not allowed to enter.  And the motorcycle was there and is allowed there.  I'm not from CA or familiar with HOV laws (Iowa doesn't have them) so I can't say this statement is factually correct, just what I read elsewhere.  Rider is still a jackass for kicking the car.

This is what's been further reported in the news.....the car came across the double yellow line into the car pool lane.  Happens often on the congested Callfironia freeways.  The odd thing.....I'm not sure why this car driver didn't wait until he got to the next express lane entrance as the traffic wasn't bad at the time of this incident. 

I can tell you that this same thing has happened to me...more than once....where a car or truck will come across the double yellow and push me up against the wall.  And then they'll act like I did something to them.  Often they'll just not look in their mirrors or turn their head....they don't check blind spots and look twice for motorcycles.  It's a way of life for motorcyclists in California.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »

The car is 100% at fault <snip>

I'd rather not have that on my tombstone.

While true, it doesn't matter what the laws are, cages will do what they do. The law doesn't protect you at all -its just what they do to the other guy after he does something to you.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 11:10:53 AM »

Have decided (as a viewer of old tv shows on late a night) that the innocent party in this encounter will be the one that Perry Mason defends in CA court.  Considering that, it could be possible that the guilty party (who will admit guilt in a preliminary hearing) was not even driving the car or riding the bike. 

;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 12:13:14 PM »

I'd rather not have that on my tombstone.

While true, it doesn't matter what the laws are, cages will do what they do. The law doesn't protect you at all -its just what they do to the other guy after he does something to you.
agreed!! here lies 100% not at fault.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 08:26:58 PM »

This has been an interesting read.  I ride in traffic all the time and have had many instances of cars turning into me over the years. I have learned to let it go. My wife helps me with this since I used to have a really bad temper.  I have (and do sometimes) pull up next to offending cage and 9 out of 10 times they are clearly sorry and did not see me.  Since I spend so much time in traffic I drive very defensively and have really reduced the occurrences of this.  I can tell many times when a driver is using a cell phone and can pick them out long before I get to them now. I avoid them with both the bike and my truck! 

In this case the biker was stupid and make a mistake kicking the car (just isn't worth it). Typically nowadays that will put in trouble with the law due to road rage laws. The cager was very wrong and clearly was trying to steer into the biker. I would guess that would be serious grounds for intent to harm with a deadly weapon at a minimum ( I don't know for sure but do know this has occurred before).  As stated both made mistakes (regardless of what happened before) and caused innocent people to be hurt and a tremendous amount of damage for something that was probably small and would have been forgotten shortly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.