Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wobble  (Read 970 times)

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Wobble
« on: June 24, 2017, 01:43:44 PM »

I have a 2015 SESG. 29k on the clock. Approximately 4000 miles ago it developed a low speed decel wobble. When traveling at say 45 mph then come off throttle and decel down to say 35 or so the front end would wobble. When the weight shifted from rear to front. Ok so dealer checks this and that an tightens this and checks neck bearings etc. And they do fix the problem.
Till now. I have a high speed wobble. Around 95 and up to say 115 the front end seems to get very loose and shimmies for lack of a better word. But......but upon decel is when the fun starts. That when a full blown wobble happens which at those speeds will pucker you up real quick. The wobble stops when deceling around 90. It is not a tank slapper wobble. But it is substantial.

I have had several suggestions from it being the motor mounts, the swing arm to front end suspension. Everything on the front and rear are stock. I would greatly appreciate some ideas/input for what it might be. Before I go to war with my local dealer. My warranty has expired but the wobble occurred and is on record prior to my warranty expiration. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: Wobble
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 02:17:16 PM »

front wheel weight came off mine and caused a  terrible wobble at higher speeds.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 09:28:56 AM »

Wheel balance, front and rear.
Tire condition,  abnormal wear pattern, front and rear.
Wheel bearings, front and rear.
Steering head bearings & races, lubricant, adjustment.

Starting in 2014 the front end was changed, including the steering head setup.  There is a 25k miles service requirement to remove, inspect, clean, lube, install, and adjust.  The adjustment process is different than the process for the 2013 and earlier bikes, and the process must be followed to the letter.  I'm not confident that all dealerships and dealership mechanics/techs are fully competent with this. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 01:49:33 PM »

Thx for input. Dealer did do my 25k service which means in theory they should have done exactly what you described.

I am starting with a new front tire and have it balanced. Also have the rear balanced at same time. The bearings in the wheels are new cause I just had the wheels powder coated black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 25 queries.