Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting ready to go run through some VTuning but have a couple questions  (Read 1037 times)

Rab986

• 2007 FXSTSSE
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE

Got everything setup for Vtuning but I have a couple question before I even attempt it.

Target AFR's are all set to 14.6 (those that can be set that high anyway),
PE basically turned off
Closed Loop Bias set to 720
and adaptive knock retard zerod out...

How in the hell are you guys reaching high rpm's and loads on the VE histogram without melting down your engines?

I may just be not be seeing the obvious but from what I can tell of my tune now, I wouldn't want to push it to hard due to the excessive spark knock that WILL occur.

Should I be setting my closed loops bias down to a range more around 12.8-13.0 just for VE tuning. This seems like it would be counter productive though as it would pull the narrowband O2 sensors out of their range of accuracy, at least that's my theory anyway

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU

You might want to post this in the Manufacturer Tech Support (TTS) section to get a response from the pro.   :)
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Rab986

• 2007 FXSTSSE
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE

You might want to post this in the Manufacturer Tech Support (TTS) section to get a response from the pro.   :)

Yeah, but Steve seems pretty busy and his responses have a couple week lag time. I shouldn't have been so damn cheap and just got the green version, that way I could have just hooked up my wide band and been done with it...  Hell everybody else seems happy with the Blue TTS but I think I'm just a little more picky that the average self tuner unless I'm just missing something completely. I was just hoping to avoid that hassle of having to mount both my wide band sensors and routing it all nice and neat so my bike doesn't look like Doc's DeLorean going down the road.

This is 100% my fauld,  I have been tuning boosted LTx's/LSx's since '99 and Dmax's since '05. I know the importance of Wide Bands (or thermocouples for the Diesels) and now I feel like I have a $500 paper weight sitting here. That is, unless its possible to restore my bike with original tune and make this Blue TTS transferable so I can re-coupe part of my money to buy the Green TTS?

I'll figure something out.
-Steve

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.