Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Aim Clutch Upgrade for 113 kit  (Read 6274 times)

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
Re: Aim Clutch Upgrade for 113 kit
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »

I wish I had the time.  Bruce Roy did mine and fairly happy with it.  although I have the V&H Dresser Duals and Twin Slash mufflers, which is probably costing me a a few digits on both TQ and HP.  Both were on the bike when I bought it doesn't make sense to change for a few extra numbers on the dyno.

Hey, as long as you are happy, and it runs cool and doesn't decel pop or do other strange things, it's all good. Which tuning device did he use- thought he only used the PCV. Years back when I first got my bike and Bruce was in Burlington, I took him in my TTS, as he said he was willing to try and use it. He did a couple dyno runs (was running the Fullsac map), and said it looked good, and he probably couldn't improve it much. I think part of it was that he didn't want to try and figure out the TTS on a Friday afternoon, but he was right by saying the Fullsac map worked well.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 02:28:44 PM »

I bought my bike used and it had the old version of the SE tuner.  I had the cables and the connector box.  Bruce said he would tune with that, but that the old SE system was often buggy and it might take some time since the bike had an HD canned map and results were poor.  I decided to upgrade to a PC-V at the time as any re-tuning would be much easier and Bruce would waive the tuning time if done in the winter along with engine upgrades.  I had Bruce changed out the cam the following winter and then the winter after that did the heads and bumped compression.  I also thought it was best to use the PC-V as that is Bruce's preferred device.

I have heard many tuners prefer to work with one device (either TTS or PC-V).  Probably best to go to someone who works with TTS everyday to get best results.
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

North Star

• 1K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 07:44:11 PM »

Were you happy with his work and his tune?

I think its more important to find the right tuner guy, then use the device he prefers.
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
HD Daymaker headlights

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 08:57:01 AM »

I have been very happy with his work.  Unfortunately he has moved much further west, making it difficult for me to get there as I'm coming from Downtown Toronto.  Not a lot of options for good work on HDs in the city
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

North Star

• 1K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 10:59:24 AM »

There is a good guy at Aviation Cycles around Cawthra/Lakeshore in Mississauga. Ive never been, but Ive only heard good things about him. Dont think he tunes though.

My guy is Brent at Bronkos in Milton. His work is always done right, the first time and his labour rates are good too at $65 hr.
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
HD Daymaker headlights

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »

I have heard good things about Aviation and may go there for service this year and also need a set of tires.  While a bit of a drive from downtown, they are close to a Go-Train stop so that is always an option if I have to leave the bike
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.418 seconds with 25 queries.