Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: To tune or not to tune  (Read 4682 times)

Weasels

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: To tune or not to tune
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 02:26:25 PM »

Not trying to rain ( perhaps snow is a better word) on your parade. The improvement indicated is great. Especially if it is just the changes in EFI and ignition timing.

Just addressing the need portion question?

To clarify if you used a TTS, and then VTune it like Larry suggested I believe you would achieve similar results.

There are many ways to get the same place. No doubt the factory fuel ratios need to be corrected and that it will yield more performance and less heat.

The bike will run properly though with an exhaust mod without it. The key IMO is  there being no decel popping or backfiring as the fuel ratio is still compensated by the ECM and O2 sensors. The post 2007 bikes are different animals with the introduction of Closed Loop operation

I believe it is a good thing just more of a want than a need?

We all know opinions are like #$%^oles everybody has one, Not trying to be one.

Thanks for the information

Not much chance of rain here for awhile. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and pointing out that there are different ways to get similar results is important, especially the dangers of having a bike on a dyno with a poor tuner. Anyways I hope to see rain by February or March. I didn't think you were an #$%^ole, no offence taken.
Thanks Bill

springer128

• RK 95 CI st2,SEEFI, SE 204, SE pushrds, SE KHeads,
Re: To tune or not to tune /afr
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 08:30:05 AM »

if you were to have a glance at the SE 3D AFR maps coming with the super sert you should see that the afr decrease with the RPM . Typically after 4000 rpm.
I would not run full power at 5000- 6000 rpm for a long time with a AFR at 13,5....

best
'Ride in triumph or disaster'
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.