Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585318 times)

BigMike

• GA

Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »

Never carried on the bike, but I never leave for a road trip in the car without it.  The rules in each state are so different, I just put it in my bag and don't worry about it. 

Glock Model 19 9mm w/black talon hollow points 15+1
2000 FXR4

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 02:32:27 PM »

Sturm Ruger P89 (9mm w/ two 18 shot clips --> great poor mans gun).

Here in Oklahoma a good upstanding lawabiding citizen can get a concealed weapon license>>> And we like it that way!

If you have a concealed carry license, you need to be aware of not only what the law is in states you may visit, you must also be aware of where you can and can not carry in your state (example: schools, federal buildings, court,....).

If I visit a state that does not recognize my Okla. conceal carry license, I store it away in a bag in the tourpak and then behave myself.

Don't leave home without it

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 02:34:08 PM »

Never carried on the bike, but I never leave for a road trip in the car without it.  The rules in each state are so different, I just put it in my bag and don't worry about it. 

Glock Model 19 9mm w/black talon hollow points 15+1

Like stated before, it's not even by state, it can be city or county laws. Denver has a strict law on guns, some hunters have gotten in trouble just traveling thru Denver. But in most of Colorado you can carry a gun in a holster almost anywhere, as long as it's not concealed.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »

Miker

how would that compare with a S&W 38. Bigger slug but heavier? which would be easier to shoot?

Free

Not speaking for Miker...

The 45 will be heavier, and have more kick to it generally.  I have the S&W Titanium 38 hammerless.  I like it because it is so light and compact.  If you put the right kind of round in it, it will kick ass and take names. I also have an old Chief's Special that stays by my bedside. Would a 38 or 45 stop a Grizzly bear...no, but neither will any handgun, unless it's got a 9 inch barrel with a scope so you can start shooting when the bear is 100 yards away.  All a handgun is going to do with a large mammal is piss him/her off.

It's the two legged mammals we need to worry about, and a 38 +P with a nice round in it will do more than enough damage.  If a couple of chest shots don't stop 'em, blow their kneecaps off, then finish the job.  If it takes more than 5 shots, you're screwed anyway, 'cause they'll be on top of you.

Another nice handgun, IMO, is a Walther PPK in stainless.  380 round (like a 9mm short), 9 shot, and you can put it in your back pocket.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 03:17:53 PM »

Anything nasty enough for a nasty job is no joy to shoot,  I had a 44mag in 2 1/2 inch for trailing in N Cali years ago...
Horrible to shoot but would put a hole in anything if it didn't the noise and flash would scare anything...

The 410-45 can have stopping power in rifled slug/45 colt or you pepper them with shot and let them live...

My Kimber(personal favorite speaking) is very accurate with a match grade barrel an small enough to carry.
With 45 hydrashock it'll penetrate and make a mess out of most stuff. 

I still am going to  get the 410-45 for rattle snake dipersal at my NFla camp. Scatter guns are best for that kinda duty imho of course.  Guns are like tater chips, cain't have just one!

Miker

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2007, 03:26:42 PM »

Not speaking for Miker...

The 45 will be heavier, and have more kick to it generally.  I have the S&W Titanium 38 hammerless.  I like it because it is so light and compact.  If you put the right kind of round in it, it will kick ass and take names. I also have an old Chief's Special that stays by my bedside. Would a 38 or 45 stop a Grizzly bear...no, but neither will any handgun, unless it's got a 9 inch barrel with a scope so you can start shooting when the bear is 100 yards away.  All a handgun is going to do with a large mammal is piss him/her off.

It's the two legged mammals we need to worry about, and a 38 +P with a nice round in it will do more than enough damage.  If a couple of chest shots don't stop 'em, blow their kneecaps off, then finish the job.  If it takes more than 5 shots, you're screwed anyway, 'cause they'll be on top of you.

Another nice handgun, IMO, is a Walther PPK in stainless.  380 round (like a 9mm short), 9 shot, and you can put it in your back pocket.

For home defence a 38 S, or a 9mm is probably about right, the bigger guns can go right thru someone or thru a wall and possibly hit someone else in the house.  22L can be deadly because many times they ricochet around off bones causing more damage. My daughter has a 38S derringer. 

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2007, 03:39:15 PM »

I carry.  period.  Legally at home and in most surroundig states, illegally in the others.  My theory is.... If the gun is well concealed, no one knows it's there.  AND  If I behave like I should, I NEVER have confrontational contact with LE.  AND  When I do have contact with LE, I behave myself and am respectfull and respectable and haven't had trouble there either.  (Doesn't mean it can't happen, but so far I've come out just fine) 

Then again, I think that anybody that trys to take our guns away from us should be brutally raped by a LARGE band of passing camels and then be repeatedly shot with VERY VERY small guns until thier eventual expiration .  Not that I have MUCH of an opinion  on this subject you know, but , well, you know, a passing thought anyway.....
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 04:09:57 PM »

I carry.  period.  Legally at home and in most surroundig states, illegally in the others.  My theory is.... If the gun is well concealed, no one knows it's there.  AND  If I behave like I should, I NEVER have confrontational contact with LE.  AND  When I do have contact with LE, I behave myself and am respectfull and respectable and haven't had trouble there either.  (Doesn't mean it can't happen, but so far I've come out just fine) 

Then again, I think that anybody that trys to take our guns away from us should be brutally raped by a LARGE band of passing camels and then be repeatedly shot with VERY VERY small guns until thier eventual expiration .  Not that I have MUCH of an opinion  on this subject you know, but , well, you know, a passing thought anyway.....

I agree!  :soapbox:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2007, 04:10:40 PM »

For home defence a 38 S, or a 9mm is probably about right, the bigger guns can go right thru someone or thru a wall and possibly hit someone else in the house.  22L can be deadly because many times they ricochet around off bones causing more damage. My daughter has a 38S derringer. 

A sweet, sweet little auto is the Walther 22L...it is so thin that it will literally fit into your rear jean pocket like a wallet.  Talon is correct...a 22L can do some damage, particularly if you can get 7 or 8 in them quickly.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2007, 05:09:34 PM »

This may help some people, Utah has reciprocity with 29 state and issues non resident permits.  We have a gentlemen here in Oregon that gives the classes for Utah.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2007, 06:49:11 PM »

Bike/Car the Glock 27 (40)  The Glocks hold up to the heat / sweating / moisture very well.

for carrying it is usually the H&K P7M13 (9mm)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »

This may help some people, Utah has reciprocity with 29 state and issues non resident permits.  We have a gentlemen here in Oregon that gives the classes for Utah.
Heeellooooo!!!!  That sounds very nice.  Would you be so kind as to post or pm the contact info for this gentleman?
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2007, 07:04:30 PM »

Maybe Moco will include a holster or strorage safe option on the 09s!

Wasn't aware that so many of you were carring... is this something unique with CVO dudes?

I'm LEO up here in Canada... can tell you that all the bad guys are better armed than us.

Never say you were in fear for your life, always say you were going to be murdered. Sounds more final.

Can tell you from experience, that in a gunfight things go really fast and are very dynamic, best of luck with the whole double tap process.... goes out the window when the lead starts flying.

No one deserves to be murdered.... but some people need to be killed.

REGGAB

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2007, 07:08:28 PM »

H&K USP .40 S&W, CORBON 165gr JHP; Walther P22, CCI Mini Mag

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2007, 07:12:34 PM »

Then I will not carry a firearm concealed on my person.  

Try this link.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Miker
Just to make sure I understand this correctly. On this map you enter the state(s) you have a CWP in, and all the states that come up blue honor the state(s) CWP you were issued?

If that is the case I wouldn't mind getting a permit from Utah also if they issued "Non Resident" permits.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 201

Page created in 0.388 seconds with 24 queries.