Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585197 times)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 10:28:13 AM »

Yupper!,

"Officer, I felt I was in danger for my life and would like to speak to my lawyer".

Make sure there is no one to sue you for disability too.

Miker

Should you have to shoot always empty the gun (that proves you were very frightend) and it is way cheaper to bury someone than care for them than a  long term disability. ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 10:29:29 AM »

Should you have to shoot always empty the gun (that proves you were very frightend) and it is way cheaper to bury someone than care for them than a  long term disability. ;)

Yeap, and dead men tell no lies! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 10:31:28 AM »

That's the basis of my question. Because of reciprocity, what do you do if you're going to be travelling through a state that does not honor your cwp?

:indian_chief:

Be prepared to post bail and return for your court appearance.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 10:32:10 AM »

Is that a Tippmann 98 custom with 10 inch barrel in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

I'm really interested in what everyone does when travelling. Is it don't ask, don't tell, or do you leave at home when on long trips?

;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »

That's the basis of my question. Because of reciprocity, what do you do if you're going to be travelling through a state that does not honor your cwp?

its not always that simple. its not just state to state but some local ordinaces you need to deal with as well. places like boston for intance. who decided that MA law ( already the strcitest in the US ) didnt go far enough
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35:01 AM »

I usually carry two.

In the tour pack: Springfield XD45 Compact  http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?model=23

Pocket:  Smith & Wesson 342PD Titanium .38: http://www.gunblast.com/SW_342PD.htm

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 10:41:22 AM »

Tippmann 98 custom with 10 inch barrel. :rifle:

I play paintball too, we go to the mtns a lot, here's some of our team at a friends paintball field.

Tippmann 98C Bigshot 9" barrel, dye grips, and shadow cocker.

I carry a 38 special, or my Ruger 45.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 10:43:48 AM »

I play paintball too, we go to the mtns a lot, here's some of our team at a friends paintball field.

Tippmann 98C Bigshot 9" barrel, dye grips, and shadow cocker.

I carry a 38 special, or my Ruger 45.

Slightly off-topic, but I've often yearned for a paintball gun at times on the road. It would be nice to be able to mark the idiots on the road so others would know what to expect.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2007, 10:43:55 AM »

Then I will not carry a firearm concealed on my person.  

Try this link.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Miker

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 10:47:49 AM »

I usually carry two.

In the tour pack: Springfield XD45 Compact  http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?model=23

Pocket:  Smith & Wesson 342PD Titanium .38: http://www.gunblast.com/SW_342PD.htm

Well, this one's for me.

The Smith & Wesson J-frame .38 Special has been around for over fifty years now in its original "Chief’s Special" configuration. Since then, S&W has added many variations of the original, but the J-frame line of thirty-eights is still the standard to which all other small frame revolvers are compared.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 10:50:08 AM »

Then I will not carry a firearm concealed on my person.  

Try this link.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Miker

The information in that map is what originated this thread. If you look at Georgia, it appears as there are a lot of people that don't want me carrying in their state.

Is it something we did?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2007, 10:52:25 AM »

I have been told by more than one LEO to NEVER say anything other than you were in fear for your life.  It is their job to try and get the story from you, but if it is obviously self defense, say nothing.  In the state of mind one is in after an event like that, it is never a good idea to try and recall the sequence...give yourself time to settle down and think rationally.

I was also advised to empty the chamber in the chest cavity.  If you're going to shoot, shoot to kill, otherwise don't bother carrying the weapon.

There is no good answer to carrying across jurisdictions...they may or may not honor the permit.  You just take your chances.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »

Sig Sauer 239  .40 caliber / Glock 23 .40 caliber.  Never leave home without it.  All the bad guys have guns, I'm just trying to level the playing field.  I practice and am proficient.  I feel I have a better chance than some crackhead trying to shoot with the gun sideways.  It seems no place is safe anymore.  Here in the Atlanta area, they are even robbing Waffle Houses.  Besided, I usually ride with two LEO's and I'm just back-up.
Hair of the Dog

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 10:55:46 AM »

Sig Sauer 239  .40 caliber / Glock 23 .40 caliber.  Never leave home without it.  All the bad guys have guns, I'm just trying to level the playing field.  I practice and am proficient.  I feel I have a better chance than some crackhead trying to shoot with the gun sideways.  It seems no place is safe anymore.  Here in the Atlanta area, they are even robbing Waffle Houses.  Besided, I usually ride with two LEO's and I'm just back-up.

In case they run out of ammo?  :D

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 10:56:30 AM »

P.S. The old military rule applies.  Never draw your weapon unless you intend to fire.  Never fire your weapon unless you intend to kill.
Hair of the Dog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 201

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.