Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 SE Springer - launching?  (Read 1871 times)

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
2007 SE Springer - launching?
« on: October 01, 2006, 07:25:55 PM »

OK
for starters - I am not drag racing this thing - just launched it hard a couple times to see how it hooks up.
If you feed it the clutch so as to control wheelspin and get a good 60ft time it seems great
If you "dump" the clutch from a dead stop or a slow roll, it makes an awful "clang" sound that reminds you of putting an old Harley in first from a stop - only 3 times as loud!
Tire lights right up and acceleration is OK - it's just sounds like something is going to come exploding out of the left side any moment - again - if you just whack the throttle from a roll without touching the clutch - no noise - no problem
Anyone tried any launches and know what I'm hearing??
2008 FLHX, 1997 FLSTS, 1982 BMW R65

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
Re: 2007 SE Springer - launching?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:41:59 PM »

No.. I paid too much for this bike to be dropping the clutch from dead stops.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:42:26 PM by copout221 »

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 03:55:00 AM »

loose compensator nut???
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 12:43:09 PM »

thanks
that's what I'm thinking too ( comp. Nut ) I'll have them look when it's in for service

regarding Paid too much ????
all I can say is I hope I never get that Old !!!
I'm only 51, but when I get to 65 or so - I'm getting a bagger, and quit racing and running from State Highway Patrolmen !!
or maybe not !

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »

OK
for starters - I am not drag racing this thing - just launched it hard a couple times to see how it hooks up.
If you feed it the clutch so as to control wheelspin and get a good 60ft time it seems great
[highlight]If you "dump" the clutch from a dead stop or a slow roll, it makes an awful "clang" sound [/highlight]that reminds you of putting an old Harley in first from a stop - only 3 times as loud!
Tire lights right up and acceleration is OK - it's just sounds like something is going to come exploding out of the left side any moment - again - if you just whack the throttle from a roll without touching the clutch - no noise - no problem

Beerman, after droppin the hammer and lighting up the rear tire a few times, I was able to get the front end off the ground at will, (shhhh, don't tell my ole lady) but I soon developed the same problem. don't let it go man, get that nut retorqued or it will tear up chit in your lower end and damage the threads beyond repair. I'm seriously considering a comp nut lock so I don't have this issue again. just out of curiosity what's the skinny on your Handle, being a beer brewer and connoisseur, inquiring minds would like to know.
Peace brother! ride it like ya stole it, cause if your not living on the edge, your takin up too much space!  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 05:29:45 PM »

Beerman---yeap - I'm a Brewery Rep for Coors in Ohio
We also brew Killian's and Blue Moon - which is a huge brand in the chicago area for us
Hope you've had some
Happy New Year
I used to work the Pit Crew for Dave Schultz on the Eagle 1 Pro Stock Bike about 15 years ago
Dave passed on a few years back - your handle brings back alot of old memories

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 05:35:45 PM »

Beerman---yeap - I'm a Brewery Rep for Coors in Ohio
We also brew Killian's and Blue Moon - which is a huge brand in the chicago area for us
Hope you've had some
Happy New Year
I used to work the Pit Crew for Dave Schultz on the Eagle 1 Pro Stock Bike about 15 years ago
Dave passed on a few years back - your handle brings back alot of old memories
There is a Coors plant near me (Elkton, Va.), and actually one of my neighbors works there. You ever come to this plant let me know there is some good riding in that area.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 05:36:09 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »

OK
If you "dump" the clutch from a dead stop or a slow roll, it makes an awful "clang" sound that reminds you of putting an old Harley in first from a stop - only 3 times as loud!

Good post Beerman!
Get that comp nut tightened!
Remember, your never to old to go fast.
But your always to young to die doing it.

Be safe and let her rip!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 06:30:27 PM »

thanks
that's what I'm thinking too ( comp. Nut ) I'll have them look when it's in for service

regarding Paid too much ????
all I can say is I hope I never get that Old !!!
I'm only 51, but when I get to 65 or so - I'm getting a bagger, and quit racing and running from State Highway Patrolmen !!
or maybe not !

Hey beerman, don't sound like you're close to 51 with that outlook! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Only old people get old. Haven't been able to slow down the first 50. Why bother now! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Thanks for finding this thread Eagle1!

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 07:03:02 PM »

OK
[highlight]If you feed it the clutch so as to control wheelspin and get a good 60ft time it seems great[/highlight]

[highlight]If you "dump" the clutch from a dead stop or a slow roll, it makes an awful "clang" sound [/highlight]that reminds you of putting an old Harley in first from a stop - only 3 times as loud!
Another possibility:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:57:16 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 24 queries.