Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49

Author Topic: Dyno Numbers?  (Read 208878 times)

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
Re: Dyno Numbers?
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2004, 09:37:02 PM »

Hey Serk103! Using your scale, I'd say the 2" baffles come in at about 7-8.  The bike still sets off the "chirp" on car alarms if that's any gauge.  GB tells me the BUB tech says no to the 2" - enough to make my head spin around.  GB:  the Wood cams are around $650 for the setup. I got the work done at Patriot HD in Virginia.  Since you're in Texas, just call Bobby Woods and he'll put you in touch with somebody competent in your area. Did anybody notice my initial post was 2 a.m. this morning? That's sick...but it came right after detailing the CVO. Needless to say, my butt was draggin' today...and yes, I started the bike and tweaked the throttle a bit before leaving for work in my Pacer. PJ

pj57

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2004, 04:29:01 AM »

Hey Guys - I'll try to post my dyno runs for you with the 2" Rinehart baffles installed, but in the meantime, I was checking out Rinehart's (BUBS) website - www.bubent.com when I stumbled on this: On the BUB site, scroll down and you'll see a hyperlink for "Rinehart FL Baffle Dyno."  It shows comparison runs with the stock, 2" and 2.25" baffles on an '01 FLHR w/ HTCC heads. Besides being carbed, it's a different engine set up for sure, but it illustrates increased TQ numbers at earlier RPM with a smooth upward progression using the 2".  Also shows a slight loss in HP in upper RPM range.  This is exactly what my HD tech suggested to me and the kind of results I got on my SEEG going to the 2" baffle. The Dyno runs were conducted at Orlando HD.  Again, I'll take the higher TQ at lower RPM any day - especially with the SEEG. For me, the Rineharts with the 2" baffle set up is the best compromise of looks, sound and power. Have a great weekend! PJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2004, 09:13:48 AM »

Again, I'm with PJ on this one.  I'd rather have the low end toque than the top end horsepower.  For me, it's not about running a dyno race, it's about running the street race........from 0 to 80 mph kind of riding.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2004, 02:30:51 PM »

Since we are discussing alot about pipes at this link. An employee at Fremont HD come up and asked me if I knew anyone that wanted brand new "white brothers" 2 into 1 system still in the box for $200 bucks. I have his phone number if anyone wants it. Feel free to copy this message anywhere else on the website you want.

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2004, 04:02:46 PM »

I have a 04 SEEG with SE air kit, Power Commander and D&D Performance Mufflers (2 into 1 with fake left side).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 06:12:51 PM by hotlineguy »
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2004, 04:53:02 PM »

I have a 04 SEEG with SE air kit, Power Commander and D&D Performance Mufflers (2 into 1 with fake left side.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2004, 05:07:17 PM »

the dreaded (but nice looking) Rinehart True Duals.

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
Re: Dyno Numbers?/rinehart
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2004, 08:41:26 PM »

i personally spoke to Gerald Rinehart on Tuesday.  I will paraphase to make this somewhat short.  He designed this system for FL's cruising on the highway, that's why this system is free-flowing, mid to top end performance orientated.  He did highlight the fact that a true dual system will come up short compared to a 2-1 system, whatever the manufacturer.  I also asked about "reversion",  and the size of his baffles.  I have the stock 2 1/4 and asked if the 2" would bring back my torque in the birth of my power band.  He said it would with a slight sound reduction (as PJ found out)......More said but i think everyone gets it.   I personally love the look and sound of his system so i will stay with them and the 2" baffle.......and a S.E. 251 cam.   Didn't want the go gear driven due to cost.  If anyone changes the cam and stays with the chain drive, the 251 is the cam for this bike. The 257 is a little to top end designed.  will post dyno results when cam is installed with race tuner....thanks peter
stock for now

pj57

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2004, 09:35:39 PM »

Hey Rugbyprop!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 06:09:39 AM by pj57 »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2004, 06:27:02 PM »

Just picked it up, but wanted to post this before I head to San Jose.

I've got mixed feelings.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 06:18:05 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2004, 06:37:01 PM »

JCZ, not too bad!  I'm surprised with the AFR looking that good that you have such a dip, though.  Also kinda surprised that it pushed the max. torque point out about 500 rpm.  Nevertheless, I bet you can really feel the difference, huh?

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2004, 09:13:42 PM »

PJ, appreciate the thoughts. I only like to do things once, and right the first time. And as far as cost, you long forget about the cost when everything falls into place. I agree on the knowledge from everyones experience here, it is invaluable. I am also a "gotta have it now kind". The SEEG is  [smiley=beerchug.gif]not here yet, maybe another week or so. But all the frilly stuff was ordered over a month ago. The Rhineharts and power items I'll order this this Saturday. 20% off at my usual dealer. Still has and always has given me 20% off even though we have not been able to strike a deal on my last three bikes. As for the bike, a friend of mine just finshed a project bike, almost $40,000 in it. Still not a SEEG! He can have it. Enjoy the ride, everything else goes away when the wind hits your face!

pj57

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2004, 10:27:28 PM »

Hey Rugby! Sounds like you've got a plan and, no doubt, your SEEG will be one sweet ride!!! I do the Chicago HD thing to get 20% off - haven't found anyone that'll do more than 10% here in the DC area, except maybe a once a year sale - then it's usually for one item. I'm into my SEEG for about $38K (and counting). Beside the Woods gear cams, exhaust, race tuner and engine tweeking, I added the tour-pak and chromed everything that wasn't chromed from the factory already (inner primary, starter, calipers, case bolts, switch covers, I'm sure some things I've forgotten). This one is a keeper even though I'm sure the '05 SEEG will have the 6 speed and some more goodies - the second year of a CVO always adds an item or two. Not sure they can top this year's color combos though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 10:29:19 PM by pj57 »

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2004, 10:47:19 PM »

Well, Finally went and did it. Got my Reinharts in and after some discussion with the HD tech at Barnett HD here in El Paso that was going to do the work on my bike, we both decided a 258 cam would be in order. He was well aware of what effect the Reinharts have on the mid range and thought that this cam/pipe combo would make me happy. Well, after riding it for the first time this morning and opening it up just a bit all I really have to say is ......D A M N !!! [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]. I got a chance to go into the Dyno room with him while he was making his runs and without making any changes to the stock race tuner settings it peaked at 99.5 hp with 104.5 TQ.  I don't remember where the peak came in at and I can't tell until I get back to work on Monday. Anal me left the damn sheets on my desk. But one thing I do remember (because thats what the big concern was) there was no drop on TQ between 2k and 3k. Just a steady climb. The air fuel mixture was perfect as could be and he saw no reason to mess with it any more. He mentioned that he can easily pull more from it at mid range, but that would sacrifce the perfect air/fuel mixture that was already there. Suggested I run it like this for a few and when I take it back to have everything rechecked we'd mess with it if I wanted.  One other thing to note is that this was done while the Dyno room was close to 95 degrees. It was 89 outside and a hell of alot hotter in the dyno room. The tech told me that on a cool day (or morning) when it's not so hot, it'll easily break 100 hp!. I'll post the Dyno sheets on Monday or sooner if I can run by the office and pick them up. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2004, 01:46:14 AM »

Didi you bump up the rev limiter to 6300rpm? Just noticed the increase on the chart.

ps  [smiley=oops.gif]..I know I owe you my dyno but $hit$ been crazy around this way for a few weeks and just havn't benn able to get to it [smiley=dunce2.gif]
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.