Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49

Author Topic: Dyno Numbers?  (Read 207848 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Dyno Numbers?
« on: December 27, 2003, 01:56:20 AM »

Apologies to JC here for hijacking the very first post in this thread. The original was asking that dyno sheets get posted here for everyone to compare and study and discuss.

There were many sheets posted.  There was also a hacker that hit the site in the spring of 2005.  That incident caused the loss of all attached images up to that time.

So if you're scanning through here looking for dyno sheets and just don't find any; that's why.  Please feel free to scan the discussions as they're helpful too.  But you'll find the attachments start showing up again about page 15 of this thread.

Just didn't want a newer user to bail out on the thread thinking there was no sheets posted when it seemed like everybody was talking about them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 12:20:11 PM by hd-dude »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Dyno Numbers?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 08:26:04 AM »

Yah wouldn't a carb be nice,  so easy to tune.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 08:59:44 AM »

Same set up as me except FI and a PC instead of a race tuner....guess i gotta go get the thing dyno'ed
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 04:54:34 PM »

Same set up as me except FI and a PC instead of a race tuner....guess i gotta go get the thing dyno'ed

Cabo.....just to be clear.....don't just get it dynoed, get it dyno tuned.  Huge difference.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 09:27:46 AM »

O.K. Cabo (not that I'm anxious. lol) but I happened to notice that you have over 1,000 miles.  Time to see those dyno numbers ;D

West Coast GTG   

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 09:31:46 AM »

prolly gonna next week..had minor back surgury yesterday so Im of the bike for a day or 2.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 09:41:51 AM »

Been there, but mine was major.....two discs removed.

Hey, you should have gotten your patch by now......anything yet?

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2004, 11:52:32 AM »

I met a gentlman on another site who is familar with Harleys, big motors, dynos, etc.  I talked with him on the phone at length last night and for the 103" with high flow air cleaner, Race Tuner (or PC III) he suggests a 2 into 1 exhaust (he did not recommend a particular make).  He talked at length about "peak HP and peak torque" vs. usable HP and usable torque (in the lower end of the power band.  I explained that I don't care so much about 120 mph power, that I'm interested in stop to 80 mph.....he suggested the 2 into 1.  He made it clear that he does not want to beat anybody up or their exhaust system but it's what he knows to work on the big inch motors (unless you're going to be doing more riding on the drag strip than the street).  By the way, in two weeks he'll be moving to Ariz. to start his new job of running the Dyno department at MMI.  I also gave him the direction to this web site.....hopefully he will spend some time over here sharing his technical experience and opnion.

Here is the map on a 103 crate motor if you notice the TW5 made up for a big loos in TQ in the dip. ANd then pulled away from there on. The TW5G is a great fix for the SE cam. I do amny of these as they offer a direct swap without changing valve springs. Notice the exhaust system. Rheinhart( they stink) they are a more mid to upper pipe with a big loos on the bottom end. This is what that pipe offers.  For your set-up a TW5G cam and a good pipe will make your scooter be able to pull a house. !!!  Let meknow if there is anything elese I can do for you.

GMR  PERFORMANCE   1-810-650-6403

[attachment deleted by admin]

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 12:01:21 PM »

Looks like the TW5G cams (the red lines on the chart) might be something to consider as well.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 07:23:38 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

rturn2mow

• HOG
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2004, 08:44:03 PM »

Check out this website I found. It is for all Harleys. It has lots of information on performance, dyno results and "how to" stuff. Good reading!!

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/index.htm

Rick
'04 Ultra
'02 FLHRCI w/Big Bore HO kit w/SE Peformance Heads, flat top forged pistons, SE257 cams, SE Race tuner, Kerker pipes, SE adjustable pushrods, high performance clutch, SE springs, touring oil cooler and lotsa chrome.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 12:15:13 PM »

Anybody know the specs on the stock cam? I was told by a very unknowledgeable salesman who took my deposit that it was a SE-253 and it is not in any catalogs I have. Also would like to know more info about the head specs if anyone has them (valve sizes, spring capacities and are they flowed). [smiley=drink.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2004, 01:02:45 PM »

Ofender welcome to the board.  Not sure of the answer to your question but my guess would be that the heads are not flowed.

To meet EPA is really de-tuned from what it's true potential is.  If you take all the crossed flag parts and build the same 103" motor, you're going to have a lot more motor.

Take the air cleaner (there's a post in the Deuce forum on this).....it is "a" Screamin Eagle air cleaner but not "the" Screamin Eagle Air Cleaner.  Again, if it's a crossed flags part, in the catalog, it is not on our bike.  Basically, crossed flags means that it does not meet EPA and therefore, is for "off street" racing only.

Harley is removing all the crossed flag parts from the regular catalog and they have put out a Screamin Eagle Racing Only Catalog.

Hope this helps a little.

West Coast GTG   

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2004, 04:11:44 PM »

Thanks JCZ, no numbers for the cam though? lift? duration? LSA? ???
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2004, 04:20:38 PM »

Thanks JCZ, no numbers for the cam though? lift? duration? LSA? ???

Not promising anything, but check back in a couple days.....I'll see what I can find out.

West Coast GTG   

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2004, 05:05:28 PM »

i,m here in santa cruz just left shop 04 glide is in for 1st service 1200miles had se air cleaner,se pipes with me asked to have installed .i was told that i would get very little hp&tc  only louder. service tec said i would not get performance out of motor unless i changed cam.he stat.ed that cam that comes with california bike is 220 cam flat  lobe  also said 103in bike set up different to meet emmision standard on bigger motor.they will sell me extended warrenty for $1100.00 and stand behind the work they do but other shops will give me flack when it comes to engine warrenty work cause of mods.at this point only having 1st service done i,m taking my part home with me till i do more research--ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.