Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshield  (Read 3333 times)

Belzebuth

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Windshield
« on: April 17, 2005, 09:01:03 PM »

Was wondering if any of you guys put a windshield on a FXR4 and also the choke will not stay open on its own. Any ideas...

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Windshield
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 09:07:32 PM »

Belze.........actually I think that's a good thing that the choke (enrichner) wants to go off.  It makes you hold it out and keeps you from forgetting it and riding off with it on and possibly fouling the plugs.  You can tighten it up so that it'll stay out, but I wouldn't recommend it.  Warm it up enough before riding off that you don't need it.  Just my $.02 worth.   [smiley=laugh.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 03:05:16 PM »

RE: "Was wondering if any of you guys put a windshield on a FXR4 and also the choke will not stay open on its own. Any ideas... "

No, but my lady rides a FXDL with a HD "Quick Release Detachable Compact Windshield - Standard-Height" (PN:58063-04) - see pics from HD. The Low Rider forks are the same as my 4, so her Windshield fits my bike.

I personally don't like the windshield. I am 6'1", and the top of the shield falls right in the middle of my natural field of view. If I could look through it, great. Look over it, fine. But the in-between drives me crazy. One man's opinion about one windshield. Technically, I think you can do it.
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 03:06:49 PM »

and this time with the other pic too
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 03:11:45 PM »

Was wondering if any of you guys put a windshield on a FXR4 and also the [highlight]choke will not stay open on its own. Any ideas[/highlight]...
I think the choke setup is the same as my '99 FXDX - if so, take the plastic nut that holds the choke cable & knob to the bracket and tighten slightly.  Only tighten enough to keep the choke where you set it.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 09:14:04 PM »

Been a while on the choke thing, so I thought I'd post the real instructions from the manual.  Hope this helps.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 08:37:49 PM »

thanks jerry for information on enricher adjustments, i've printed out copy...thanks again

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 01:08:43 PM »

Just did 1,200 miles with FXRon2. He had a windshield on his FXR2. He's a good 6'2" tall and seemed comfortable to me. He was right there with us Ubher Bagger guys every inch of the way. Ron's a good rider no doubt, but I gotta believe whatever he's runnin for windshield is a good item to look at. I'd send him a PM and see what he says.

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 08:36:55 AM »

presently i've got 2 fxr4's and both have windshields, yellow one has hd windshield which is quick detachable, orange one has memphis shades windshield which i like the looks of better. for long distance travel i rather have one, once at destination for around town travel, i prefer not to have one..especailly in summer months...much cooler riding without shield.  choices  are what life is all about...ride safe....life is here..enjoy  the ride!  dave

fxrlarry

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 12:24:37 AM »

Go to windvest.com and look at their windshields.  I have one on my FXR2 and a friend has one on his FXR4.  Look good and are high quality. :)

RedFXR2

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 09:59:57 AM »

Thanks for the input, fxrlarry, and welcome to the forum.  Good to see some more FXR guys here. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.479 seconds with 25 queries.