Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Fxr2/3/4 Enricher Cable/Knob/Kit  (Read 12214 times)

elvislee

Fxr2/3/4 Enricher Cable/Knob/Kit
« on: January 03, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »

Took my fuel tank off today to do a few things underside. Looking around; I noticed my enricher knob was broken (kept wondering why enricher knob would not lock out when pulled out) and checked my Fxr4 parts manual to find PN to replace. Found "Enricher Cable" pg #20,...pg #21 Item # 19, PN: 29229-88B Cable enricher.

I am going to replace it as it is broken but looking at it; it is made of cheap a$$ plastic crap and no wonder it broke.

Does anyone know if, where, a replacement/aftermarket kit for one made of stainless, or some other more durable alloy can be purchased? 

Thanks Guys...Blaine  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:26:46 PM by elvislee »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Fxr2/3/4 Enricher Cable/Knob/Kit
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 05:06:12 PM »

Took my fuel tank off today to do a few things underside. Looking around; I noticed my enricher knob was broken (kept wondering why enricher knob would not lock out when pulled out) and checked my Fxr4 parts manual to find PN to replace. Found "Enricher Cable" pg #20,...pg #21 Item # 19, PN: 29229-88B Cable enricher.

I am going to replace it as it is broken but looking at it; it is made of cheap a$$ plastic crap and no wonder it broke.

Does anyone know if, where, a replacement/aftermarket kit for one made of stainless, or some other more durable alloy can be purchased? 

Thanks Guys...Blaine  :2vrolijk_21:

Sorry Blaine. I never liked or ran the stock CV's. The enrichener is built directly into the S&S carb. I'll check and see if there's any better replacement for yours. If I do, I'll let ya know! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 05:09:43 PM »

I just checked the J&P Cycle Catalog. They show Billet Knobs from Novello. They're the only one in there though. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 05:28:54 PM »

Sorry Blaine. I never liked or ran the stock CV's. The enrichener is built directly into the S&S carb. I'll check and see if there's any better replacement for yours. If I do, I'll let ya know! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Thanks man  :2vrolijk_21:...I've been google searching and looking through J&P catalog but nothing yet. I mean it ain't no big deal to replace and the money for a new stock one is around $15.00; just tryin to see if I can find a more durable setup than the plastic S&#T HD put on there. It's the plastic threaded sleeve the tighting nut is attached to that is S*#T; ya tighten down to much and snap, crackle, pop  ;D ....My DUMB ASS  :o  :(  >:( ...but hey, live and learn  ;D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:31:56 PM by elvislee »

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »

Sorry I hit the post button to quick

That is just the mount but if you click on the sellers other items he has the cable and knob also.

Pete

elvislee

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 07:06:29 PM »

Sorry I hit the post button to quick

That is just the mount but if you click on the sellers other items he has the cable and knob also.

Pete

Thanks for lookin out for me Pete  :2vrolijk_21:, I looked briefly at it; will check it in more detail when I can. Mainly looking to just replace the stock cable with a metal alloy aftermarket like item if one exists but will look closer at this one  :2vrolijk_21:

elvislee

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 01:18:07 AM »

Just remembered seeing this on a previous thread and thought I might post it again to help those from screwing up as I did today  :2vrolijk_21:

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 09:52:01 AM »

I broke my plastic crap thing in June .............. bought a HD replacement ...... cheaper plastic then the stock one back in 2000

I did however find a chrome cover that goes over the plastic knob ......  If you want I'll look around and see if I can find that PN

the only one that I've ever seen is still the plastic thing.......... the chrome knob cover makes it 'look' better, but it's still plastic under that ..... it functions 'ok' but I'd rather have a 'real' cable.

the stock cable will work with 'many' carbs, and will work with the Mikukni that I'm putting on in my build  :DD
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 10:08:42 AM »

I broke my plastic crap thing in June .............. bought a HD replacement ...... cheaper plastic then the stock one back in 2000

I did however find a chrome cover that goes over the plastic knob ......  If you want I'll look around and see if I can find that PN

the only one that I've ever seen is still the plastic thing.......... the chrome knob cover makes it 'look' better, but it's still plastic under that ..... it functions 'ok' but I'd rather have a 'real' cable.

the stock cable will work with 'many' carbs, and will work with the Mikukni that I'm putting on in my build  :DD

I found many knob covers, but no replacement knobs at all. I looked around pretty good too Blaine. That Novello one isn't available anymore either. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

elvislee

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 01:03:41 PM »

Thanks Mikey and Howie...Yep, I been looking bunch and nothing in the way of a aftermarket enricher cable with a metal type instead of plastic type locking housing that I could find. Pretty much guess I'm gonna go down to the hd tomorrow and buy a new piece of S#*T stock one I guess. Just have ta be VERY< >VERY<> CAREFUL when reinstalling...Anyway, thanks guys and Pete, thanks for your help too man, I appreciate it   :2vrolijk_21:

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 02:08:23 PM »

Your Welcome!!!

Hard to believe someone doesn't make one.  Think I will look around a lil more myself... Ya never know!!!

Pete

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »

No Luck!!!
Oh well gave me something to do on this cold rainy day...

Pete

elvislee

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 09:08:02 PM »

No Luck!!!
Oh well gave me something to do on this cold rainy day...

Pete

Pete, I'm the one who stareted this search and BAM!!...You look all friggin weekend and your the last one standing!...Thanks Bro....You Da Man Pete  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 11:04:11 PM »

Thanks Mikey and Howie...Yep, I been looking bunch and nothing in the way of a aftermarket enricher cable with a metal type instead of plastic type locking housing that I could find. Pretty much guess I'm gonna go down to the hd tomorrow and buy a new piece of S#*T stock one I guess. Just have ta be VERY< >VERY<> CAREFUL when reinstalling...Anyway, thanks guys and Pete, thanks for your help too man, I appreciate it   :2vrolijk_21:

be careful when you install it..... DO NOT try to tighten down the nut on the back of it that holds it in the slot in the bracket.  If you over tighten it, you'll break the plastic neck, don't ask me how I know this ................  :'(
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.