Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just Curious or Dumb Question  (Read 2831 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Just Curious or Dumb Question
« on: January 25, 2006, 12:54:29 PM »

I was at the local stealer showroom yesterday to pick up a few OCD parts and I noticed 2 new toys
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 12:56:05 PM by MJZ »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Just Curious or Dumb Question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 12:59:56 PM »

MJZ;
I moved this to the FXR section since it was specific to the FXR's. You'll get more feedback here. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 01:19:22 PM »

read the thread FXR4's   we've been discussing this very subject

Big Brian

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 01:47:57 PM »

I imagine the 00 with its 80 would feel like a slug compared to a 103. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I would point out that the FXR4 only weighs about 560 lbs.  Compare that with a CVO bagger with a 103 (something like 800 lbs).  But really these are whole different bikes.  Sport versus touring, designed for very different uses.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 11:19:18 PM »

ain't apples for apples fellas  as any racer will tell you, while there's no substitute for cubic inches, power to weigh ratio is what wins races  An 80 inch motor in a 600 lb bike pumpin out 85-90 hp is gonna dust a 103 inch motor in an 800 lb bike puttin out 95-100 hp

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 10:50:28 PM »

i've done little research on fxr4's, actually own one..and have been watching them on ebay and other trader sites. fxr4's are selling for low of 12k and high of 15k.  if you look around they are out there.  demand for evos (80's) is low at this time, and presents good value for someone looking for harley at good price. fxr's in general handle very well and have strong following. i rode mine today for short trip and to keep battery charged up. any other questions , feel free to ask.  dave

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 09:08:18 PM »

hdfxr3  welcome to the great site dude and a personal thank you for keepin the flame burnin on those wonderful FXR's

RedFXR2

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 10:41:17 PM »

i've done little research on fxr4's, actually own one..

Add my welcome wishes as well, hdfxr3.  It sometimes gets lonely down here at the bottom of the board--price we pay for exclusivity. ;)  If you have any photos of your FXR4 post 'em here if you like.  Orange or yellow?

Got to ask this though:  If you have a FXR4, why did you take the online name hdfxr3?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 11:30:19 AM »

[highlight]It sometimes gets lonely down here at the bottom of the board[/highlight]

Hey Red, I may no longer have an FXR in my garage, but they are always in my heart. I try to keep up with them still and will continue to post on this topic. Hope I'm welcome even though technically I'm a sellout  ;)

Big Brian

RedFXR2

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 12:52:27 PM »

Hope I'm welcome even though technically I'm a sellout

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 06:37:04 AM »

Here is my 2nd attempt to load picture of my fxr4...first was too large a file..so smaller one. only accessory is miles, windshield, larger sissy bar and luggage rack.  and se pipes w/ jet kit. In last 12 yrs I've owned most every model hd has produced and only have kept road glide and fxr4..both yellow. These cvo's were the start for the entire line of custom built hd products. Nice we can ride year round down here in alabama.

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 06:44:51 AM »

just to reply to your question, its yellow version, and screen name goes back to my first screen name on aol when i owned fxr3 (green). Since then i've owned all but blue fxr3. had both fxr2's, and both fxr4's. i guess my favorite is current bike.  dave

Add my welcome wishes as well, hdfxr3.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.