Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: FXR3'S  (Read 16512 times)

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
FXR3'S
« on: September 18, 2003, 05:17:40 PM »

[smiley=bigok.gif]are there any fxr3 owners out there???
fxr3

FxXxR

• Junior CVO Member
Re: FXR3'S
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 09:34:21 PM »

I wouldn't trade or sell my fxr3 for anything...it rocks...i can rail corners..it's light and flickable..and thats coming from a 22 year motocross veteran...im 5'4"...bike fits like a glove...rides like a dream...as far as looks..can we say "$30,000 custom show bike look" No doubt'....as far as being rare....well i'd say.....they only made 600 green flame ones(540 usa..60 overseas..from what ive been told)..and 300 blue ones(270 usa..30 overseas)their msrp was $17,995...cheap by todays standards....plus it was produced in the first year(1999) of the CVO...as far as a collector..i'd say that's one i'd want in my collection!..as far as an owner..i'm proud to own it, ride it, show it,look at it ( EYE CANDY )and talk about it...and "it" being my FXR3!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2003, 04:19:24 PM by FxXxR »

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 01:16:13 PM »

i could not agree more....i was not sure if i was the only one out there that feels that strong about his bike!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 01:39:39 PM by rogerutley »
fxr3

FxXxR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 01:52:16 PM »

Mine is green to!!!....i call it "The Green Flame"....im a heavy metal guitarist...and my stage name is " GreenTerror"..i play a 1999 green flamed Jackson DR3 guitar ( can you believe its called a DR3 model just like our bike is a FXR3 and it is a 99' to )....it has a light green flamed top..with a dark green back ( sometimes it looks black..(just like our green)...but after closer inspection its a dark emerald !.........Have you added or changed anything on your bike?....aftermarket or harley parts???

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 08:49:18 PM »

mine has forward controls....se highflow aircleaner and se slipons...how about yours???
fxr3

FxXxR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 09:22:04 PM »

I have detatchable slant H-D saddlebags w/ yoke & supports,,detatchable H-D supersport windshield,,,leather front fork bag,,,SE slip-ons,,,,(doing air and carb this winter),,,the coolest add-on was the frenched-look headlight trim H-D sells 29 bucks,,,and wow what a difference!!! custom bike look,,,,,,i use the bags and windshield when needed,,,it looks custom touring when on and custom hot rod when off,,,ill stick with the mid controls,,,i m 5'4" so im not cramped,,,and you can handle the bike way better,,plus its much better as far as balance goes,and stopping as well,,,,,,did your power improve alot with the high flow air cleaner???

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2003, 07:13:52 AM »

just bought bike year ago and high flow was already on....i did add the slip ons and they added some horsepower....did not do dyno before i  added the slip ons,but after highflow and slip ons i get 67 hp..........prob a improvement over stock....let me know how yours turns out...later
fxr3

FxXxR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2003, 02:19:22 PM »

my bike stock was 55hp on the dyno....so at 67hp with them two add-ons thats over a 20% increase in hp !!!!.....i also plan on doing a SE ignition, SE coil, and perfomance plugs & wires,,,,,and a thunderslide carb kit(or a dyno jet kit...anyone know what the differences would be besides double in price ???),,,,im sure down the road in the future ill be looking at cams,,,,,i also plan on doing braided clutch and throttle lines,,but i see H-D does't offer specifically for my bike,,,,do you or anyone out there know if any of the other models lines will work?

FxXxR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2003, 02:46:36 PM »

By the way what did you pay for your fxr3 ?,,,,i paid $18,000 with 3600 miles on it,,, it came with the bags and windshield,,i bought it june 3rd of this year from www.lacrosseharley.com ( just down the street from me),,,a pic of my bike is still on their web site under pre-owned.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2003, 02:50:32 PM »

according to the H-D web site there are a number of different clutch/throttle cable kits. i would wait until winter and pull the cables and take them to your dealer. they can then take all the proper measurements and get you the correct braided cables
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 01:15:49 PM »

i forgot to mention i also added the thunderslide kit since i had to rejet anyway....from what i understand it provides better throttle response when going to more aggressive mods to engine.......but to be honest i am not sure if it matters or not......i bought mine in november off ebay for 13k...........had 3k miles and stock pipes..windshield,tbag and taller sissy bar..also already had forward controls......tank did have a small scratch and dent but i feel verrrrrrry lucky to have bought it at that price...........
fxr3

FxXxR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2003, 07:39:11 PM »

13 grand,,wow,,thats a deal ! what was their reason to sell so cheap?

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2003, 02:34:55 PM »

to be quite honest i am not sure why i got ita a for so cheap...the guy is a orthodontist and i guess he just wanted a quick sale....he also has a electroglide and he knew everything about the cvos....bike does have a few minor dings but mostly noticable to me..........the guy was super nice but i know that is not why he sold it low.........like i said......i just plain got lucky..for a change...i am trying to keep everything i can find on fxrs...do you happen to know of anyone with a original bill of sale..........he said he paid 22k but was unable to find paperwork since his last move................thx
« Last Edit: September 25, 2003, 02:39:33 PM by rogerutley »
fxr3

FxXxR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2003, 04:16:39 PM »

I met the original owner at my dealer,,he said he paid 18k new for my bike (which is msrp,,he bought it from a dealership not a stealership!),,,,when i told him i paid 18k after being 4 years old,,,he just shook his head and said "man i never should have parted with it",,,,,,alot of dealers seem to add on like 20% to the msrp(another topic here!)...so i can see where he paid 22k,,,,in fact i heard some stealerships got 27k for this same bike,,thats 50% mark up,,,,holy SH"$"T batman!!!

FxXxR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 01:32:23 AM »

Hey roger, are your slip ons SE ?,,,,,did you leave the baffles in?,,,,did it change your sound alot?,,,,do you like the sound?,,,,did they get louder with miles?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.