Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Harley-Davidson® CVO™ Offers Two New Premium Models for 2013  (Read 7136 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"

first press release i have found is from harley canada:

CVO™ Also Introduces Daymaker Led Headlamp and Vented Wind Splitter Windshield
CONCORD, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 20, 2012) - Four models from Harley-Davidson® Custom Vehicle Operations™ (CVO™) take limited-production, Factory-custom motorcycles to the highest level of performance, style, and exclusivity in 2013. New models include the CVO™ Breakout™ model, a high-performance Softail® model, with exciting new surface finish options and custom details, and the CVO™ Road King® model, fitted with an innovative vented windshield and high-output audio system. Returning for 2013 with new custom features and finishes are the CVO™ Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® and the CVO™ Road Glide® Custom models.
Serialized 110th Anniversary Editions of 2013 CVO™ Road King®, CVO™ Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®, and CVO™ Road Glide® Custom models will also be available, with 110th Anniversary badging and fuel tank medallions, and an exclusive Diamond Dust and Obsidian paint scheme.
CVO™ motorcycles are designed using premium accessories and paint treatments, combined with numerous items from Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories. The CVO™ program is often used to introduce new custom components and techniques before they are offered as individual accessories. Harley-Davidson® CVO™ motorcycles are backed by a Two-Year/Unlimited Kilometre Warranty.
All 2013 CVO™ models are powered by the Screamin' Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ V-Twin engine. Rated at up to 122 ft. lbs. of torque, the 110-cid air-cooled Twin Cam 110™ engine is the most-powerful engine offered in a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle, and is only available in CVO™ models. The new Assist & Slip Clutch Pack provides a slip feature on downshifts to reduce loading of the driveline. A new internal design significantly improves the life of the clutch pack in test cycles. Hydraulic clutch actuation has been updated to reduce lever effort; peak force required is reduced by 10 percent and hold-in force is reduced 17 percent. Finally, a new clutch lever shape reduces reach and optimizes lever control. All 2013 Harley-Davidson® CVO™ models also feature electronic cruise control, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), the Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System, and a new indoor/outdoor storage cover with CVO™ logo.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company is offering two all-new CVO™ models for 2013:
2013 CVO™ Breakout™ Model: This bold new Softail® model is muscle in motion, projecting a tough attitude and boasting the highest power-to-weight ratio of any current CVO™ model. Taking production motorcycle finishes to a new level, the CVO™ Breakout™ model is offered in two paint schemes that feature hand-polished steel sections on the fuel tank and fenders. A third paint option incorporates hand-laid lace stenciling. New polished chrome Turbine wheels feature dramatic spoke ridges on the rims. Fenders are chopped to expose the tires. A new wide front end is fully chromed and topped with a new mini-nacelle and chromed headlamp bucket. A chrome fuel tank console has been trimmed so low that braided-steel lines house the exposed tank vent. The CVO™ Breakout™ model also features a new internally-wired chrome handlebar, an integral riser with a low-mount speedometer/tachometer, chromed cast-aluminum oil tank, and leather seating surfaces embossed with a horn-back gator hide pattern. Three colour options will be offered. (See the separate press release for more CVO™ Breakout™ details)

2013 CVO™ Road King® Model: The first Factory-installed Road King® audio system includes a 200-watt amplifier and an interface module for an included 8 GB Apple® iPod® controlled by buttons on the handlebar. The system drives two 5 x 7-inch speakers with bridged tweeters located on the saddlebag lids, and two 5.25-inch speakers with bridged tweeters mounted in the fairing lowers. The new detachable vented Wind Splitter windshield was developed by Harley-Davidson and tested in the Wichita State University wind tunnel to relieve low pressure behind the windshield and significantly reduce buffeting at the rider position. A vane within the vent should be adjusted to match the air flow to the rider's height. A low-profile console holds a combination speedometer/tachometer with programmable back-light colours. Other CVO™ Road King® model features include a chrome billet-style extended reach heel shifter, Mirror Chrome Agitator Custom wheels, extended saddlebag bottoms with a custom fascia and LED lighting, a new chromed handlebar with an ergonomic bend, and Slipstream Collection hand and foot controls. A new solo Touring seat and the removable passenger pillion and backrest have a tuck-and-roll leather insert. A new painting process features hand-finished graphics created with textures and solvents in a multi-step process that results in unique detailing on each motorcycle. Three colour options are available, including the 110th Anniversary scheme.

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

Re: Harley-Davidson® CVO™ Offers Two New Premium Models for 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 06:53:47 PM »

Two CVO™ models return for 2013 with new paint schemes and features:
2013 CVO™ Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® Model: This super-premium Touring motorcycle is fully equipped and stylishly appointed. New features for 2013 include the chrome and rubber Slipstream Collection heated hand grips, rider and passenger footboard inserts, brake lever pad, shifter and highway pegs, and windshield trim. The suspended, dual-control heated, two-up seat and adjustable passenger backrest have a new perforated leather insert. A new chrome billet-style extended reach heel shifter creates more boot room on the left-side footboard. The CVO™ Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® model is equipped with a high-performance Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system that includes BOOM!™ Audio high performance BOOM!™ Bagger™ speakers. Four new colour combinations are available, including the 110th Anniversary scheme.

2013 CVO™ Road Glide® Custom Model: This distinctive shark-nose bagger now features the Daymaker™ LED headlamp, and is the first production Harley-Davidson® model that is equipped with this very bright and precise headlamp system. The high-output Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system is upgraded with a second 200-watt amplifier and a pair of 5 x 7-inch speakers with bridged tweeters located in the saddlebag lids in addition to 5 x 7-inch fairing-mounted speakers and two-inch dash-mounted tweeters. The audio system features CD/AM/FM/WB, an 8 GB Apple® iPod® nano located in the right-side saddlebag, and a new, more-sensitive hidden AM/FM antenna located within the fairing. Other new CVO™ Road Glide® Custom model features include a smoked Wind Splitter windscreen with a ghosted Harley-Davidson® graphic, a chrome billet-style extended reach heel shifter, a low-profile, two-piece seat with diamond pattern leather inserts, a black 1.25-inch handlebar, and Slipstream collection hand grips and foot controls. Three new colour combinations will be offered for 2013, including the 110th Anniversary scheme.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 07:00:21 PM »

Time to trade.....
Bill

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »

lineup

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 08:18:42 PM »

Interesting...

2013 CVO™ Road King® Model: The first Factory-installed Road King® audio system includes a 200-watt amplifier and an interface module for an included 8 GB Apple® iPod® controlled by buttons on the handlebar. The system drives two 5 x 7-inch speakers with bridged tweeters located on the saddlebag lids, and two 5.25-inch speakers with bridged tweeters mounted in the fairing lowers.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »

IPOD mounted on the bars or in the bags?? I'm thinking maybe the bags maybe for weather reasons, but then how do you navigate without a display. Or some sort of waterproof holder :nixweiss:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 08:37:36 PM »

IPOD mounted on the bars or in the bags?? I'm thinking maybe the bags maybe for weather reasons, but then how do you navigate without a display. Or some sort of waterproof holder :nixweiss:

Just found my answer on this link....it's in the bags...so I guess you navigate by guessing or just use playlists all the time.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/3427/Motorcycle-Photo-Gallery/2013-Harley-Davidson-CVO-Road-King.aspx

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 08:47:24 PM »

The Breakout has a 110-"B" motor. Looks to have a litte bit less torque than the "regular" 110......???
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 10:32:24 PM »

All the models are on the US HD site now.

Hard to tell from the Ultra Classic Photoshop picture by the lake, but it looks like they are back to a colored matched light housing on the tourpak.
Never cared for the chrome version.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/cvo-ultra-classic-electra-glide.html

The maroon and orange Ultra's look pretty wild, and the MSRP looks like it didn't jump much.

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Kickst@nd

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE
    • CVO2: On list for 2013 CVO Road or Street Glide
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 06:28:17 AM »

Anyone seeing any color options on the SERG?  My browser can't seem to get to the color options.  Mobile app shows orange/black and light blue/black.with a pic of the gold/black.  What about the CVO anniversary edition? 

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 08:08:03 AM »

Anyone seeing any color options on the SERG?  My browser can't seem to get to the color options.  Mobile app shows orange/black and light blue/black.with a pic of the gold/black.  What about the CVO anniversary edition? 
I think what you are calling "blue/black" is the anniversary color  :nixweiss: I've looked at the CVO EG's and RGC's and really like the paint schemes this year.  :2vrolijk_21:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 08:30:36 AM »

Well, I'm not surprised by the lack of any meaningful improvements to the basic functions of the motorcycle.  Looks like Harley is still satisfied to just offer up minor cosmetic changes and hang their hats on audio systems as the big news.  When did multiple amps and umpteen speakers become more important than better suspensions, better driveability, better reliability, etc.?  Well, at least we now know that the delay of the launch had nothing to do with functional improvments to the bikes.  Probably had to wait until their overseas suppliers could ramp up production on all those speakers and amps.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »

2013-boring.  Hd really ought to challenge themselves with engineering a bike to the next level.  til then, I'm keeping mine or will consider a BMW or Victory for my next ride.

ultrarider123

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 08:46:36 AM »

Not impressed with the color options for the 110 anniversary of vintage bronze and vintage black.  Interesting choices there.  Also, what were the color shop guys smoking when they came up with the Hard Candy colors?

The CVO anniversary colors of Diamond Dust and Obsidian are VERY nice.  Not anything to pry Ginger out of my hands, however.  I do like the hidden antenna on the SERG and I'm sure the new LED headlight pair on that bike work much better but they look like bug eyes when lit....watch the Matrix again and look at the centininals then look at these headlights........just sayin. ???

OK, how in the world are you going to "see through" that HUGE vent on the SERK windshield....bet that's the first thing changed out

You would think after waiting a few weeks longer than normal they would have some great, marvelous model to release...guess they had to let the Hard Candy paint cure longer  :huepfenjump3:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »

Well, I'm not surprised by the lack of any meaningful improvements to the basic functions of the motorcycle.  Looks like Harley is still satisfied to just offer up minor cosmetic changes and hang their hats on audio systems as the big news.  When did multiple amps and umpteen speakers become more important than better suspensions, better driveability, better reliability, etc.?  Well, at least we now know that the delay of the launch had nothing to do with functional improvments to the bikes.  Probably had to wait until their overseas suppliers could ramp up production on all those speakers and amps.

Jerry
They're just following along where the auto mfgs. are going..the electronic bells & whistles seem to be what's selling cars, not improvements to the actual car.  It will be interesting to see how the sound is on the RoadKing w/o speakers right in front of you in a fairing.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 20 queries.