Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Throttle Body and Injectors  (Read 650 times)

Placey58

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

New Throttle Body and Injectors
« on: December 01, 2019, 12:45:29 PM »

I have a 2019 CVO Limited. In October I had a Thunder Max, Red Shift 468 cam and a CSR 2-1-2 head pipe and Rinehart Slip-On s installed.  I have bought a SE 64 MM throttle body and 5.5 injectors to add. Searching ThunderMax tunes I cannot find a tune that covers everything.

My question is do I install the throttle body and injectors and leave the tune alone and let the ThunderMax auto tune? Do download the tune that has the correct TB & injectors but has a SE 515 cam?

Or do I have the company that installed the cam, head pipe and ThunderMax modify my base tune?

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: New Throttle Body and Injectors
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 05:15:14 PM »

Hard for me to compare with the 2 cams.  First question: Is the installation shop an outstanding tuner?  Quality of the tuner-person is most important factor in getting max performance out of any build...makes a huge difference.

Doc1 on this site is a great tuner, located in Florida and well worth the ride.  Not sure what he'd say about the ThunderMax, but worth it to talk to him about your desires (low-end torque vs high-end horsepower) and style.  Take his advice.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.