Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: MBA graduate student looking for CVO insights for a project with Harley-Davidson  (Read 10887 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

I once had a boss. When there were problems or issues he would stop me dead in my tracks. He simply said; "I don't want more info about the problem, if you don't have a solution then shutup."

That's the way I see this. You can complain about how the moco doesn't care and be ignored, or offer some real solutions to real problems that may make a difference...

That's just me, jb

Very well said! :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:11:24 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)

There is a solution to the seat issues the stock Street Glide seat is 2" longer covering the dash panel.

Also the Touring model Sundowner (which is what I'm currently using) is the same way and covers the wiring filling the embarrassing gap of the CVO seat!

If they can make seat models that fit properly they should likewise be able to build the CVO seat properly as well!

One is left to rationalize why they continue to put improperly fit seats on their most expensive models?????
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)

Picture is a nice touch!!

The reason I answered no on the warranty question was because they don't honor it anyway!

The chrome started peeling on my Harley wheels after being on the bike less than 60 days and under 300 miles. Harley's response was the chrome peeling wasn't covered because they were not dealer installed. Hmmmm 2,500 for wheels and the install causes peeling?

I'll never buy another wheel from Harley and will buy any chrome accessories I can through another vendor! Looking at RC Components wheels now for the SESG! 7 year exchange replacement warranty, No thats a company proud and confident of their products!

Wake up Harley can you say recession?

RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)

Chris

I feel your pain. I am also in MBA school. It is a ton of work and I applaud your efforts. I am 36 so it pretty much has scrambled my brain. I am only a quarter into the program and haven't started the thesis part of the program yet, but I find it an interesting topic that you have chosen. With that said, I will answer your questions. I can only hope that something productive from the motor company comes from this project.  However, I am not holding my breath.

1. What type of CVO do you own? 2008 FLHRSE4

2. Did you buy your CVO from a dealer? YES

3. Have you added accessories to your CVO?  YES, Exhaust, air cleaner, cams, mini ape hangers, seat

4. What is a typical ride for you on your CVO? Long? Short? A typical ride is about 80 miles or so around the area, with a couple of 500-1000 mile trips per year.

5. What motorcycles did you previously own? 1996 Superglide, 2002 FLHRSEI, 2008 STREET GLIDE, 2006 FLHTCUSE, 2007 FAT BOY Did you add accessories to those bikes? Always

6. Why did you purchase your CVO?  I liked buying a bike already decked out with accessories, very tastefully done and not having a black fat boy or street glide like everybody else around here.

7. What type of research did you do prior to buying your CVO?  www.cvoharley.com
Where did you go to find information (dealer, websites, etc.)? internet, other owners

8.  What do you like about your CVO?  Ride, look, power, sound

9.  What do you dislike about your CVO? cost  Any room for improvements? lower cost

10. Are there are services or additional warranties that you wish came along with the CVO? I did not purchase additional warranty

11.  Do you think you will buy another CVO? Not any time soon.  What type? SESG or another SERK if they come out with another model that I just have to have. Any motorcycle types that you would like to see become a CVO (ex. a trike)?  not that hasn't already been one.

12. Any other comments about your CVO that you would like us to pass along to H-D as part of our study? LISTEN TO THE OWNERS!!!!!!!!
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Wanna ride

I apologize if I initially came across tough on the kid, it wasn't intended for him personally. I applaud him for working towards a successful future with an education. But to possibly think it's going to make everyone back at the mother-ship treat their customers better? Ya' ever wonder why a whipped dog always acts skiddish, and scared?

I once had a boss. When there were problems or issues he would stop me dead in my tracks. He simply said; "I don't want more info about the problem, if you don't have a solution then shutup."

That's the way I see this. You can complain about how the moco doesn't care and be ignored, or offer some real solutions to real problems that may make a difference...

That's just me, jb
The key reference to that comparison is... you worked for HIM.
Well... last I checked... I don't work for the Moco. Some of the problems might be mine to accept, or deal with, but it will NEVER be my problem to fix. Maybe if our bikes cost half of what we pay for them, but the last time I checked, I wrote the check that bought that bike. so... they work for me... and you, and every other customer.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member

This is a project not a problem solving thread.  I am sure your boss (when you had one) has given you projects, which you may have succeeded in, or you may have failed.

Just in case you didn't read it.

"The goal of this project is to provide H-D with insights into its CVO customers, in order to assist with future CVO models and services."

" in order to assist with future CVO models and services."
[/quote]
Yep,that's what I read..

jb

DanM

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4

1. What type of CVO do you own? 2009 FLHTCUSE4

2. Did you buy your CVO from a dealer? Yes, a dealer.

3. Have you added accessories to your CVO?  If so, what accessories? Yes, Exhaust, air cleaner, TTS tune, tweeter pod. 

4. What is a typical ride for you on your CVO? Long? Short? One 6000 mile trip, One 1200 mile trip, and several 100-200 mile trips.

5. What motorcycles did you previously own?  Did you add accessories to those bikes? 2003 Heritage Softail and more accessories than I can count.

6. Why did you purchase your CVO?  Wanted a touring model and wanted it fully loaded when I purchased it.

7. What type of research did you do prior to buying your CVO? 
Where did you go to find information (dealer, websites, etc.)? Dealer, searched the web, and friends who have CVOs.

8.  What do you like about your CVO?  I like it already tricked out.

9.  What do you dislike about your CVO?  Any room for improvements? Biggest dislike is that the GPS should operate with out CDs.

10. Are there are services or additional warranties that you wish came along with the CVO? 5 year warranty to be included in the price.

11.  Do you think you will buy another CVO?  What type?  Any motorcycle types that you would like to see become a CVO (ex. a trike)? I plan to always have a CVO. If I buy another one it will be a touring model. 

12. Any other comments about your CVO that you would like us to pass along to H-D as part of our study? Producing a quality product is a must.

ASUMBA

On behalf of my team, thank you so much for your responses.  It is impressive to see each of your dedication and strong feelings towards Harley-Davidson and the CVO models in particular.  Given your tremendous response, we have been able to collect a large amount of fantastic qualitative information for our school project.  Given the large amount of information we have already received, I am closing this thread. However, if you still desire to fill out a questionnaire please email me your answers to directly at cmarvine@asu.edu.  Your comments both on the forum and in the emails many of you sent me have been incredibly insightful, thanks.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living

On behalf of my team, thank you so much for your responses.  It is impressive to see each of your dedication and strong feelings towards Harley-Davidson and the CVO models in particular.  Given your tremendous response, we have been able to collect a large amount of fantastic qualitative information for our school project.  Given the large amount of information we have already received, I am closing this thread. However, if you still desire to fill out a questionnaire please email me your answers to directly at cmarvine@asu.edu.  Your comments both on the forum and in the emails many of you sent me have been incredibly insightful, thanks.

Good luck to you and the Team.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE

Good Luck! It would be real cool if you could post a summary of your findings when they are ready!

It was exactly three years ago today that my 2007 CVO passed final inspection and was put on the truck for delivery. The bike arrived a couple of weeks later and my salesman called and said "I have good news and bad news - the good news is that your bike arrived. The bad news is that it has problems. The paint on the right tank could not have passed final inspection, the top of the inner fairing is not finished." I learned through this experience that bikes that are put on the truck for delivery on the last day before the one week Thanksgiving plant shutdown can have their final inspection rushed (I'm being nice here). The bikes put on the truck today may also have the additional baggage of being handled by workers who are voting on a new labor contract that might save their jobs. See http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2009/11/harley-davidson_contract_could.html and  http://ydr.inyork.com/ci_13832340. Let's hope that today's bikes leave in better shape then mine did.

Clyde

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"

ASUMBA

No offense to you or what your trying to do but if the Motor Company cared enough to want my opinion they have my cell number.
If they were really concerned, they would have answered my customer survey questions that included my cell number.
I applaud you for trying to further your education but the Motor Company knows my number and where I live and if they really wanted my opinion they could find me.

SBB

Amen...Plus I'm not getting paid to do their market research...Let me see if I get this..They want our opinion so they can increase their bottom line after I paid for my bike(s) and they can't even warranty a POS 407 tire.. I'll pass...   
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Let's see; 4 days of "information gathering" from 53 total posts, most of which were questioning the study itself and the study is closed??????  Another "customer satisfaction study" to stick in the bathroom and use for it's intended purpose. :sauer005: :puke: :sauer019:
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty

Tough crowd!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide

Let's see; 4 days of "information gathering" from 53 total posts, most of which were questioning the study itself and the study is closed??????  Another "customer satisfaction study" to stick in the bathroom and use for it's intended purpose. :sauer005: :puke: :sauer019:
Don't forget that the young lad also had other resources and ALL of these threads to gather more info from.  Thats not to say the MOCO will give a chit about the report (which we would all love to see posted here as well) but that He has more than likely got enough research material to compile his report.

"Just sayin "

Marty   :pepper:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)

Some of you guys don't know when to let go. First there's whining when a kid on a college project asks for your opinion (hard to believe on this forum) and then there's whining because he no longer needs your opinion.

No wonder so many people think Harley owners are nuts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 21 queries.