Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: MBA graduate student looking for CVO insights for a project with Harley-Davidson  (Read 10889 times)

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black

Darn the post is closed just when I was ready to throw off the curve and tell chris how my bike is perfect and MOCO customer service is amazing  !

Dickw hit the mark. FINAL INSPECTION, every cvo should be THROUGHLY inspected before it leaves the factory and apparently its not.
 :2vrolijk_21:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Some of you guys don't know when to let go. First there's whining when a kid on a college project asks for your opinion (hard to believe on this forum) and then there's whining because he no longer needs your opinion.

No wonder so many people think Harley owners are nuts.

Sad but true.  People whine because the MoCo exhibits an attitude of "couldn't care less".  But then when an opportunity is presented where the MoCo might look at a collective review of CVO owner's views, opinions and thoughts from a neutral third party.....then they lock up and go the other direction...whinning and complaining as they go.  I don't get it. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage

I am like a few others here in asking "Why doesn't the MoCo just contact us directly??  And accumulate the responses then allow some data cruncher to make sense of it all (which could be you or another analyst).  Anyway, I want to respond so here goes:

1. What type of CVO do you own? 2008 FLHTCUSE3

2. Did you buy your CVO from a dealer? Yes

3. Have you added accessories to your CVO?  Yes, Rinehart TDs, Stage I intake, SERT, chrome fender tips, saddlebage chrome guards, windshield chrome strip, instrument panel chrome bezel, oil temp gauge, chrome passenger hand grips, chrome bezels on rear speakers, shorty antennas, footpeg brackets (to make them reachable), rear lower shocks, headlight and passing lamp shrouds, GPS chrome mount, Formotion temp gauge, passenger footboard spacer (left side)

4. What is a typical ride for you on your CVO? Long? Short? A typical ride is about 150 miles or so around the area with annual trips of 1000+ miles.  My 1.5 yr old bike now has 24,000+ miles.

5. What motorcycles did you previously own? 1965 Suzuki 150, 1969 BSA 250, 1971 Honda CB350, 2001 Kawasaki 1500 Classic, 2005 Kawasaki VN2000 Limited.  Only accessorized the post 2000 vintage bikes.

6. Why did you purchase your CVO?  This is my first HD and I wanted to get the top-of-the-line.

7. What type of research did you do prior to buying your CVO?  Not much, I had familiarity with the touring models and had rented (2) Electra Glide Classics for extended periods previous to my purchase.

Where did you go to find information (dealer, websites, etc.)? Friends, websites, and mostly from riding rentals.

8.  What do you like about your CVO?  Ride smoothness, overall looks, sound, excellent cruise control, CB, wide dealer support network

9.  What do you dislike about your CVO? Excess summer heat, too much shake at idle, poor passenger ergonomics, location of passenger boards makes backing up a chore.  Any room for improvements? Water-cooling (I do not ride my bike in temps >90 due to heat; I ride my Kawasaki VN2000 (bigger motor but it's water-cooled and much cooler in traffic).  Relocate the oil filter so it's easier to change without making a mess.  Get a air temp gauge that works.  Put a fill plug for the primary so one doesn't need to remove 5 screws and a plug to change primary oil.  Provide a REAL GPS, not that cheap POS that comes with the bike.  Provide an electric windshield for vertical adjustment (or at LEAST make it adjustable manually).

10. Are there are services or additional warranties that you wish came along with the CVO? I did not purchase additional warranty nor would I likely ever purchase one.  Make the factory warranty for CVO at least 3 years.  Stand behind your premier product.

11.  Do you think you will buy another CVO? Yes.  What type? Another touring model but not until some of these issues are addressed.

12. Any other comments about your CVO that you would like us to pass along to H-D as part of our study?  Some "extras" could be dropped like garage door opener and the "gold" key.  I do like the cover and saddlebag liners.  That GPS has got to be changed to a type that is equivalent to a Garmin Streetpilot or Zumo.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE

Good Luck! It would be real cool if you could post a summary of your findings when they are ready!

It was exactly three years ago today that my 2007 CVO passed final inspection and was put on the truck for delivery. The bike arrived a couple of weeks later and my salesman called and said "I have good news and bad news - the good news is that your bike arrived. The bad news is that it has problems. The paint on the right tank could not have passed final inspection, the top of the inner fairing is not finished." I learned through this experience that bikes that are put on the truck for delivery on the last day before the one week Thanksgiving plant shutdown can have their final inspection rushed (I'm being nice here). The bikes put on the truck today may also have the additional baggage of being handled by workers who are voting on a new labor contract that might save their jobs. See http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2009/11/harley-davidson_contract_could.html and  http://ydr.inyork.com/ci_13832340. Let's hope that today's bikes leave in better shape then mine did.

Clyde
Thanks for this response very interesting reading :2vrolijk_21: My SESG assembly date is in Feb 2010 so I am very interested in the York plant situation.
Hawg

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member

OMG!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)

Apparently noone noticed the study was closed at line 53?
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Some of you guys don't know when to let go. First there's whining when a kid on a college project asks for your opinion (hard to believe on this forum) and then there's whining because he no longer needs your opinion.

No wonder so many people think Harley owners are nuts.

Sad but true.  People whine because the MoCo exhibits an attitude of "couldn't care less".  But then when an opportunity is presented where the MoCo might look at a collective review of CVO owner's views, opinions and thoughts from a neutral third party.....then they lock up and go the other direction...whinning and complaining as they go.  I don't get it. :nixweiss:

There are 10000+ members on this site.  At least 90% are truly CVO owners and many have more than one CVO in their stable.  This "study"  admitted that the Phoenix area was lacking in CVO owners and was looking for a larger sampling, so they come here.  They get maybe 15 posted responses and an unknown number emailed directly to them.  Even if we TRIPLE the posted number, they got a TOTAL of 60 responses from a membership of 10,000!  Hell, 2Lane got more responses asking whether he's a bigger a-hole than TwoLane!!!  Sorry, but having dealt with statistics for a long time now, their sample is completely b-sh$t.  They don't even have enough of a sample to get a decent presurvey result.  And the sampling error is going to be so high and the p-value so out there that they should be sent back to 1st year statistics for even thinking of handing in such crap.  Master's program, my a$$.  It's about like Hoist's view of a warranty.  

And I ain't whining, only stating facts. period.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Wanna ride

I'd just like to add that, a Harley is a Harley. CVO or not. The company's quality assurance, and customer service problems are not limited to the CVO line. I realize the original post was directed to the CVO owners specifically, but all the problems listed above are rooted in the same company, CVO or not.

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage

:soapbox:OH YEAH, one more "improvement suggestion" for the MoCo:

Stop effin around with these 'special' fasteners!!  Dump the torx fasteners for allen heads - and WTF is this 12-point, 10mm  bolt doing on my brake caliper????  :nixweiss: Can you say "asinine"???  Some "American" iron....metric fastener... :worthless: :worthless: :worthless:

Now I'm off the box.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited

Hey, Harley cares, remember that book they sent us?
Any day on the bike is a good day.

hogasm

I've realized that most of the enthusiasts on this board are more educated than most of the other motorcycle boards I frequent. And I have observed that many members here are in a higher income bracket than most of the members of those other boards. Not a bad thing, just an observation.

That being said, I have no formal education in marketing or business, and don't have an over-abundance of appreciation for the idea that just because someone went to a room a few days a week for an hour or so, for two-four years, and listened to someone lecture (who, by the way most of the time doesn't have any real-world experience him/her-self either)... doesn't make you an expert. I have to confess, in fact, when a younger person (under 30ish) starts to lecture why this or that works or doesn't... I tune them out. Mainly because, my perception is that they don't know their a$$ from third-base. They're doing what they watched someone else do... and that was stand in the front of aforementioned room and... and lecture.

It's difficult for me to dedicate very much interest or attention, into someone who doesn't speak (and/or teach) from personal, real-world experience.

Where am I going with this little rant? Well, it's pretty simple. It's as simple as... the MoCo should listen. Not to some lame-a$$ school project, but to the people with real-world experience of their company. Get to the root of the problem, and talk directly to the people who support them. Not some survey with a bunch of script gathered from a school-project. They have our phone numbers, they have our e-mail addresses. Call us, or write us... and be genuine and sincere about it. If your bike is financed through the MoCo, I can promise you if a payment is missed, SOMEONE (a LIVE person) will call you. They should have a department that was equally interested in hearing from YOU, when you have a problem with THEM.

We (the consumers) are not going to dedicate a genuine and sincere interest in an ingenuious and insincere inquiry to our shopping experience. 

Want to get the MOCO to listen to you as a whole......

STOP SPENDING MONEY WITH THEM

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Want to get the MOCO to listen to you as a whole......

STOP SPENDING MONEY WITH THEM

Uh... Brian, what kind of a hole :nixweiss: ?

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black

uhhhh.....Hahahahaha.....he said HOLE...hahahahaha
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

uhhhh.....Hahahahaha.....he said HOLE...hahahahaha

That was two (butt)holes.  Must be an 02 tank graphic.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

I think we've just come up with the 2011 newest Harley model, the FLHOLE.  You dump money into it and it leaks all over the floor.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 21 queries.