Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Performance Mods  (Read 8095 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Performance Mods
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 12:16:56 PM »

I find the resurrecting of this thread very interesting.

HD-Dude was the one who rebuilt my engine at 83K, helped me select the mods to suit my riding style and dyno-tuned it with TTS Mastertune. It's a great running bike thanks to Jim!
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 07:15:29 PM »

TTS is one. I believe Power Vision is another. I've always had someone tune my bikes so I can't speak for usage of them. I think I saw where you're in Mansfield. I'm not familiar with the aptitude of Hale's mechanics on their work. Roader's racing to the north is pretty good at what they do and also Sheffer over in Evansville (that's a bit of a haul) is also very reputable. I'll say that once my bikes have been tuned, there was no reason to touch them as any upgrades were done before hand.

If you're just looking for a one time tune, I'd pay someone to do it and let them use what they're the most comfortable with. If it's going to be an ongoing process, find the one that will be that you'll be the most comfortable with.

The big guns will be along to give much better advice than I did but I thought I'd toss out the info I have based on my experience.

sent using Tapatalk
Hales use a local named Terry, he comes in on Thursdays and Fridays I believe, he's a very capable tuner (using the SERT) he tuned my 2016 CVO Street Glide after I put the cam in. If he can tune with TTS, I will have him do the Limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

DrunkenBuddha

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2022, 03:21:53 PM »

When I bought my bike from the dealer I asked if it was possible to tune these bikes. I was told that because they are a 103" and have the 96" bottom end there is nothing much that can be done to them. Is this not the case? :nixweiss:

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2022, 03:53:43 PM »

The dealer is misleading you. A good tune is what's needed for stock or modified. Find a good shop, that specializes,  and don't bother with the dealer tune. ;)
John
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.