CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Watts consumed by stock 2006 fltri

(1/2) > >>

greglyon:
I am about to add extra lighting and heated clothes to my 2006 fltri as well as my 2003 flhrsei2. I believe each has a 50 amp alternator.  Does anyone know what the stock bikes use in normal conditions?  Also, what is the max output for the alternator?
Thanks

DREBBIN:
Key for me when installing the PIAA big lights was NOT to use the ACC switch. I did on my 04 FLTRI.  MAJOR FUSE PROBLEMS.  Only use the PIAA or other make IN LINE fuse by going direct to the batt.  When I had both PIAA and Heated gear on I cld see my voltmeter just barely hold at 12-13.

On my 06 CVO Ultra, I have the PIAA lights on the batt with their switch and in line fuse; heated gear also direct to batt.

The voltmeter never moves; strong and steady.

Bottom  line, IMHO, the power is there on your bikes; controlling access and distribution with prpoer connection and fusing is the key, IMHO.  DREBBIN

CVOJOE:

--- Quote ---I am about to add extra lighting and heated clothes to my 2006 fltri as well as my 2003 flhrsei2. I believe each has a 50 amp alternator.
--- End quote ---

greglyon:

--- Quote ---Key for me when installing the PIAA big lights was NOT to use the ACC switch. I did on my 04 FLTRI.  MAJOR FUSE PROBLEMS.  Only use the PIAA or other make IN LINE fuse by going direct to the batt.  When I had both PIAA and Heated gear on I cld see my voltmeter just barely hold at 12-13.

On my 06 CVO Ultra, I have the PIAA lights on the batt with their switch and in line fuse; heated gear also direct to batt.

The voltmeter never moves; strong and steady.

Bottom  line, IMHO, the power is there on your bikes; controlling access and distribution with prpoer connection and fusing is the key, IMHO.  DREBBIN
--- End quote ---

I am going to use the Gerbing liner and gloves times 2 ( for passenger)  Per Gerbing at full  power that would be 99 watts per or 198.  I will use their 15 amp fused battery harnesses connected directly to the battery.  

DREBBIN:
Let me know how your Gerbing does. I'm in dire t contact with their regional rep. He has had to replace EVERYTHING on mine - TWICE !!  Right now this set has been running for 1600 miles. That already has bested the previous two sets which pooped out by 1200 miles.  Thnx, DREBBIN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version