Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ipod Nano Problem  (Read 1777 times)

dp

• Full CVO Member
Ipod Nano Problem
« on: January 07, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »

When I turn the ignition off, the Ipod often will not come back on when I turn the ignition on again. Have to unplug Nano, replug it in and it works fine until the next time I turn off the ignition. Doesn't happen all the time, just most of the time.
2013 CVO Roadglide

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
Re: Ipod Nano Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 04:59:42 AM »

Hey DP
I noticed mine took a little time to come back on - usually after 10 seconds or so - are you giving it enough time?
Cheers
Glen.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:06:04 AM »

Will give that a try. You might be right. I suspected it might be a user problem. Thanks.
2013 CVO Roadglide

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 04:36:46 AM »

If it continues to happen even after you give the necessary ten seconds, then you may have an issue with the Nano. A simple restore through iTunes should correct it.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »

Thanks for the idea about the IPod reset.The waiting for 10 or 20 or 60 seconds solution didn't work. Sounds logical it is a Nano problem. Not sure I even need the Ipod anymore. Converted tunes to MP3 format and transferred them to a mico SD Card I installed in the Garmin 665 GPS. Seems to work really well so far.
2013 CVO Roadglide

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 01:56:32 AM »

You're welcome...I've even run my iPhone from the connector...If I had a  bluetooth mic connection, I could make phone calls through it...as it stands now I can only listen...with the bike off and the saddlebag lid open I can make phone calls through the mic on the iphone and hear it through the stereo...not that I would ever need that capability, but if I'm ever broke down and have tools in hand it would be useful.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 10:52:42 PM »

My IPOD (new 2011) went on strike.  I messed up and unplugged the harness to remove the bag with it still on, and it quit talking to the Scooter.

It worked on its own, everything fine, even stripped and re-booted with the latest software, while it worked just fine on its own, it lost the plot and could not talk to HD...  Tried everything and finally it would not turn on at all.   Apple was fabulous, took it back by mail and sent me a new HD engraved one free of charge in about a week.  Credit where credit is due, Apple was great on service...

Cowboy 2

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 02:23:25 AM »

Thanks for the post Cowboy...it's good to know that they will replace it with an HD branded one...and yes, Apple has always been extremely good to me with customer service as well.

NativTexan

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 01:24:39 PM »

Mine does something similar.  No sound and it appears the iPod is not funcitoning.  It will even show one song with the wrong artist, etc.  Recently, after turning the bike off/on, I have had to push the return button, then re-select my playlist.  At that point it starts working again.  Someone on here told me to turn the radio off every time before turning the bike off but I can't seem to remember.
Hope this helps.
2011 Black Diamond/Crimson FLXSE2
Allen, Texas

Retro 11

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 07:22:13 PM »

How do you unhook I pod when you take bag off for cleaning?
           Retro 11

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 07:38:06 PM »

How do you unhook I pod when you take bag off for cleaning?
           Retro 11

There's a connector located between the saddle bag and the frame.  You separate the connector and there's a cap on a tether that you can put on the exposed plug left on the bike.  Just reverse the process when you put the bag back on.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Retro 11

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 07:43:26 PM »

Thanks
 john

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.