Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Value of a 1999 FXR2  (Read 71042 times)

RedFXR2

Re: Vaule of a 1999 FXR2
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 08:01:38 AM »

Hello, I'm interested in a 1999 FXR2 at the cost of $12,500. (now $11,000.)  It has 2,200 mi. and his father was the origional owner.

Well here's the low down on a FRX4 that I was also considering before the FXR2. It has 11,500 mi. Tangerine Orange and..........There is a small dent on the front fender about the size of a quarter that doesn't stand out unless it is pointed out.... He was going to take $14K.

I'd be bothered about that fender dent.  Me, I'd have to fix it and it could get expensive.  103thunder echoes my thoughts:

I can't tell you what to do, but I can say that I would be more interested in the 2.  $1,000 less, lower miles, you get to keep your snowblower for another season and your prized guns.  Also, that bike's history is cleaner with being in the same family all its life and being closer to stock is a plus, at least to me, too.

Back to George:

....he will take my new Honda Snowblower ($2,600+tax, my cost it has a tracks) and I have 2- 1800's antique rifle's. I paid $1k each) Plus $12,000 cash.

A while back we talked about collectibility as applied to motorcycles.  I have no idea what antique rifles you have, but I'm betting that there's more of a genuine chance of them being collectible/valuable than a motorcycle.  I'd hate to have you trade an appreciating asset for a depreciating asset.  Another reason to go with the FXR2.  And living where you do, you probably need that snowblower or youi wouldn't have bought it.

Since the FXR2 price has already come down, I'd say he's serious about selling it.  Do you know of any other interested buyers?  If not, you might go over there and (politely) offer him, say $10k cash and see what he says.

Good luck and keep us posted.  This beats politics and Glare polish talk any day. ;D

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI LAVA RED SUNGLO
    • CVO3: 1984 FLHX SHOVELHEAD Special Edition EG
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 08:09:47 AM »

Thanks Red, if you saw the 4 its unbelieveable . I love the tangerine color. Its a sharp bike The 2 with only 2,200 mi is very tempting

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 08:18:33 AM »

Good luck and keep us posted.  This beats politics and Glare polish talk any day. ;D

Amen!!! :2vrolijk_21: ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RedFXR2

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 08:20:51 AM »

Amen!!! :2vrolijk_21: ;D

No no.  Say it louder:  "AMEN!"

Firedood, I'm high-fiving you right now.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 08:25:14 AM »

I have been able to stay out of the Obama thread, and although I admit there are striking similarities, I did succumb and post in the Glare thread.  :o :dizzy2: ;D

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »

I have been able to stay out of the Obama thread, and although I admit there are striking similarities, I did succumb and post in the Glare thread.  :o :dizzy2: ;D

At least your post wasn't in pink!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RedFXR2

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »

I've learned my lesson about politics on an internet posting board.  I think I might confine my participation to the bike-specific pages from here on out.

I've got two kids (one teenager) and a wife.  I get my share of arguing.  Doon't need to look for more. ;D

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »

By the way, Someone changed the color of my post yesterday. Probably to highlight it due to its relitive importance to the subject of some e-bay sellers and their description of their bikes.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 08:51:47 AM »

I just think FXR2evo99 is not familiar with the "quote" button, so that was his way of quoting your post.  No biggie, as long as he NEVER uses PINK.

(I'm still not sure how someone could click the drop down menu and purposely select "Pink" for their post text. :shocked2: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »

I just think FXR2evo99 is not familiar with the "quote" button, so that was his way of quoting your post.  No biggie, as long as he NEVER uses PINK.

LOL....103tHunDer....I know about that "quote" button....I just like doing it the way I do it....lol....

`````````````````````````````
gflvette....

Everyone here is providing you with excellent input....and has already gone through this process just like you are doing so right now.....each one of us at some point said ok....there is a FXR2, FXR3, and an FXR4 with a total of six presentations.....I have been fortunate to see each bike in person.....and fortunate enough to ride an FXR3.  Haven't ridden a FXR4.  Then each one of us sat down to determine which one we ultimately became "passionate" about given the market conditions that existed at each moment we each made a decision.

You are setting in a great position....you have the "opportunity" to choose....or as was suggested perhaps giving your wife the opportunity to choose....lol.....

When I finally acquired all of my data, the kind of data that I needed to know about whether the decision to purchase an FXR was an appropriate one for me....once I was convinced that I wanted an FXR, I then was able to sit down and put a "grid" together with each bikes "primary" features.... example:

black engine
silver engine
red,
blue
essentially black with emerald green
orange
yellow
fxr3 seat
fxr2 seat
fxr4 seat
dual front brakes
single front brake
19" laced wheel
21" laced wheel
19" Thunderstar mag wheel
FXR2 slotted rear wheel
FXR3 Thunderstar rear wheel
FXR4 rear wheel

you get the point......it came down to me that I like the black engine....(ease of maintenance) I like the 19" laced front wheel, and the FXR3 seat, wider handlebars, the brakes on the FXR4 are the updated brakes as well which I see as a positive, but once again they come in silver which again for me is a negative.....so I eventually updated my front brake beyond the limitations of the "evo" style brake to a 4 piston Performance Machine brake "Chrome", so as you can see I mixed and matched.....what I ended up really appreciating the most of all of the paint color themes available on the 2's, 3's and 4's was the "hologram" effect attributed to the "Harley Davidson" fuel tank emblem on the FXR2 Arresting Red. That "red" is just gorgeous in the sun light in person......in a photo....it's just red but in person it "pops".......so for me that was a major point.  Thus you see having dual front brakes wasn't critical to me....my thought is if I wanted them I can always put them on later...as it turns out with the PM caliper up front.....any extreme riding I want to do in the mountains in curves is handled quite well with one rotor so no need for a modification for me is needed.

Do you see my "point" here.....it's personal taste.....and it wouldn't matter to me if the FXR4 was $6,000.00 after I did my +/- of what was important to me I wouldn't purchase an FXR4, BUT I appreciate the FXR4 bikes....and love to look at them....and I embrace those who do love them.....they are ALL awesome.....but I want to own a 1999 FXR2 Arresting Red.....and that's what I own.

So my suggestion is FIRST decide which one it is, you are most passionate about and then find one that is "affordable" to you.....that's what I did.....hence choosing the $12,995 bike over the $15,200 bike.....and if you plan to own your bike as long I do....it doesn't and it won't make any difference to me that the bike had 5,400 miles vs 1,600 miles years from now.....

Normally I would say it doesn't make a difference on what color a bike is....because you can always paint the bike....but in the case of these bikes....while you can put on different "tins" part of the appeal to these bikes is their distinct color schemes....

So as we continue this "tennis" match....lol it's back to you.....

Regards,

FXR2evo99
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:44:49 PM by FXR2evo99 »

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 03:15:39 PM »

Excellent point and reasoning FXRevo99.  I like all three of them too! Thats the problem, I want them all, lol. Thanks for the input. Best Regards, George

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 04:57:30 PM »

Excellent point and reasoning FXRevo99.  I like all three of them too! Thats the problem, I want them all, lol. Thanks for the input. Best Regards, George
Everyone needs to set goals.  :) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »

Hey, George, can you post up some photos of the two bikes? :nixweiss:

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 10:40:05 PM »

I really don't know how to post them. I have them in an e-mail but .......how do I do it?

Best, G.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 10:50:02 PM »

I really don't know how to post them. I have them in an e-mail but .......how do I do it?

Best, G.

George, instructions are here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=2540.0, but if you still have trouble I'll be glad to do it for you if you want.  I'll PM you my e-mail addy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.