Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paint codes For my 2015 FLTRUSE & possibly painter  (Read 2821 times)

bteski

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Paint codes For my 2015 FLTRUSE & possibly painter
« on: May 24, 2019, 05:43:42 PM »

I have a 2015 FLTRUSE painted Burgandy Blaze & Typhoon Maroon, I want to paint the heat shields Typhoon Maroon & a rear fender fascia Burgandy Blaze so I am looking for the paint codes & or someone that can paint these for me, I also have a set of Harley extended bags that I need to have painted also since Harley in their wisdom doesn't put the CVO bags on a CVO with a tourpack anymore. Gunslinger in Colorado is the original painter for this set & when I contacted them they told me they don't currently paint items for individuals.
Thank You for any help.
Cheers Bob

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Paint codes For my 2015 FLTRUSE & possibly painter
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 06:28:53 PM »

If someone doesn't have the codes you can take your bike to a local PPG supplier (or a body shop) that has the camera that can read your paint and provide you w/the formula. If you use the PPG supplier they will be able to mix and sell you the paint. As for a painter that can do this for you check out this member - Xtreme Dimension, you can see his introductory post here, and you can also look in Vendor and Customer Service Reports board for comments about his work.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 09:53:40 PM »

Where are you located? I have a great local painter that's done work for my last two CVOs including what you're looking for. Same bike as mine but mines the better looking blue color. I'm in Ohio and when I got my bike in December of '14, I dropped the parts off (new cvo style lower bags and the stock bags) along with the heat Shields and fascia and told him I needed them back by March so He didn't feel the need to hurry. Small shop and He dreads the late winter/early spring "need my bike parts yesterday" rush.  I also had Him paint the trim around the tour pack light on mine.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

bteski

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 11:04:56 PM »

Thx for the reply's I'm in the Florida panhandle, Funny thing is I had the blue 2015 FLTRUSE I picked it up in St Pete Fl Feb 2018, Then August 2018 I found the red one @ a Harley bike night in Tallahassee with less miles so I traded for it. I had 4 bikes & they were all blue so now one of them is red. I put the rear fascia on the blue bike Superior blue is really close.
Cheers Bob

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 06:29:36 AM »

Thx for the reply's I'm in the Florida panhandle, Funny thing is I had the blue 2015 FLTRUSE I picked it up in St Pete Fl Feb 2018, Then August 2018 I found the red one @ a Harley bike night in Tallahassee with less miles so I traded for it. I had 4 bikes & they were all blue so now one of them is red. I put the rear fascia on the blue bike Superior blue is really close.
Cheers Bob
CVODON is down you way and seems to know a lot about stuff like this. He may know a good place somewhat local to you that can get it done.

As for the blue to red thing, I'm with ya on that. I had 3 blue chevy avalanches (all at once) and traded the last one in on a '16 Silverado in Blue. That lease ran out and I went with a burgundy truck this time. lol
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »

I have the same bike and color combo. I painted the Heat shields and the taillamp housing when the bike was new in the fall of 2014. I had the color mixed at a local Toyota Body Shop that uses PPG, guy who sprays for me works there. I did not have the codes, we mixed it based on the name (Typhoon Maroon). It was no problem, paint match was perfect. Everyone is always wanting codes but I have painted at least something on all the CVO's that I owned and never had a code, always just looked up the color name in the PPG database for Harley and never failed to be there. I do strongly recommend you use all PPG products (Hardener, retarder, solvents etc) in the process and the colors are very translucent, imperative you use the suggested base sealer, primer color if you want perfect match.
Good luck

Booster

• CVO1: FLTRUSE 15 blue
    • CVO2: FXDF 2011
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 03:07:56 PM »

Looking for paint codes FLTRUSE15 crushed sapphire. PPG or DuPont. our colorists cannot help me
And God said, Let there be boost... and was Boost.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.