Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: 2008 Victory Baggers  (Read 7037 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: 2008 Victory Baggers
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 10:42:16 PM »

[highlight]Interesting bikes i wish MOCO would come up with a modern addition like these to the touring line[/highlight].Maybe a revolution bagger?Lemme know what you all think?
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/19january07_victory2008vision.htm
 [smiley=drink.gif]

I think it's a great idea altugo! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] As long as they ship every one of them overseas!!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 12:20:45 PM »

Don't like the looks of that at all, other than the inside part of the upper fairing and the gauge/instruments.

I will say that Victory does have some nice looking cruisers though, and they have recently come out with a Hammer S version that looks nice as well.  Brembo brakes come stock (six pistons on front), etc, etc, etc....

It is only a matter of time before they make a Revo based touring model in the HD lineup...the motor is already there...bump a Revo up to 1550, come up with some bags that flow with the tank lines on the Vrod, a road glide type fairing, better suspension. "Bigger" bike.  They've already got the 5 gallon tank now.  Not as a replacement for the big V's, but an alternative for those who like how a V runs.  It would be hard to knock a 140HP Vrod based touring bike if it was done right.  While these motors will turn 9K + RPM, they still pull hard from 3K up, even in 5th gear...put a six speed in a 1550... :o :o

Wouldn't be for everyone, but there would be a market out there for it, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »

They are going the wrong way if they are going after the Harley market. By the look of this bike I know they arent. But if they made bikes more similar to the E-Glide and the Ultra...some who are fed up with the MOCO pricing and support...may jump ship. I have had quite a few problems on my new SEUC but I am still on board. They would have to do a whole lot better than this to even get a token site visit. JMHO>

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 03:02:22 PM »

snip...bump a Revo up to 1550, come up with some bags that flow with the tank lines on the Vrod, a road glide type fairing, better suspension. "Bigger" bike.  They've already got the 5 gallon tank now.  Not as a replacement for the big V's, but an alternative for those who like how a V runs.  It would be hard to knock a 140HP Vrod based touring bike if it was done right.  While these motors will turn 9K + RPM, they still pull hard from 3K up, even in 5th gear...put a six speed in a 1550... :o :o

Wouldn't be for everyone, but there would be a market out there for it, IMO.
I'd take one! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 03:05:06 PM »

I'd be curious about the amount of storage that is usable on the Victory. One never has enough room to start with. :)
2023 CVO Road Glide

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 07:10:50 PM »

It's not for me either but will probably sell well in Japan.  The Corbin Yamaha looks a lot better than the Victory.

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »

It could just be me but does anyone else think that they have alot of Arlen Ness like lines? You think he had anything to do with these disigns? I'm sure the fact that they've helped push the Victory line-up has helped that moco out alot.
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 09:50:49 PM »

I showed the pictures to my wife and she said that they look like big scooters to her. Some one on the site has already said the same thing. That's certainly not the reaction that Victory was after. I was really curious to see what they would come up with, I think they missed big time. The only thing that will save it would be a gazillion gadgets with a really cheap price tag. I think Harley's touring line-up is safe. A little serious competition wouldn't have hurt.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »

It could just be me but does anyone else think that they have alot of Arlen Ness like lines? You think he had anything to do with these disigns? I'm sure the fact that they've helped push the Victory line-up has helped that moco out alot.

Arlen and Cory Ness designed the Victory Vegas to name one model. They have a contract with Polaris for conceptual design. The Victory team takes Ness' ideas and works them into a mass market platform

Methinks something gets lost in translation.

Big B

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2007, 10:07:11 PM »

Methinks something gets lost in translation. Big B

It sure did. ;D
2023 CVO Road Glide

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 09:14:41 PM »

:-X I guess that I’m too old fashioned, only one bike works for me in design, looks and sound. Can’t see myself on one; however, some of those features would be nice, I for one, would like to see ABS on all ultras and full range mapping of the fuel curves on the engine ECM’s. Even with practice, an ABS bike would still stop quicker and in better control than the best rider.  Hope HD is listening and brings some new technology to the market.
Andy

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 11:13:25 PM »

:-X I guess that I’m too old fashioned, only one bike works for me in design, looks and sound. Can’t see myself on one; however, some of those features would be nice, I for one, would like to see ABS on all ultras and full range mapping of the fuel curves on the engine ECM’s. Even with practice, an ABS bike would still stop quicker and in better control than the best rider.  Hope HD is listening and brings some new technology to the market.
I've never been on a bike w/ anti-locks........do they work as good on a bike as a car?  :-/  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007, 12:08:38 AM »

H-D has the technology. So far its only offered on the police bikes though. I have no I dea why they haven't  filtered it out to some of the touring line yet.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:09:29 AM by gasrat »
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
  • Without the wind in my face I woulda gone crazy
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 06:58:35 PM »

SO, you take a air cooled motor and wrap as much plastic and fiberglass as possible and hope that it doesn't overheat?

I LOVE the look of my Harley and think it is really cool that I can look at Harleys from the past fifty plus years and see the family resemblance. If I wanted a swept back space ship, I would have shopped metric to begin with.

Some may find the bike good looking, I see a desperate attempt to capture a different market after failing to conquer Harley's market niche. [smiley=soapbox.gif]
It's not how a man dies that makes him a hero, It's how he lives.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 10:43:52 PM »

Looks like chit. Enough said!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.