Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Twisted Throttle Opinion of Harley  (Read 4486 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Twisted Throttle Opinion of Harley
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 05:26:19 PM »

Baby Boomers had stupid money & spent stupidly in some areas.  HD benefited greatly as did other industries.  Those days are not gone, but they are going.  HD needs new customers, from other brands or new to the lifestyle.  At this point do not see the MoCo in doom & gloom mode, but times are not as easy as they were in the 90s or the early 2000s. Younger riders buy other brands, not HD usually.  This is not new.  Some switch to HD,  Not sure if the numbers are still there for that. 

Several people I used to ride with have sold or are selling their bikes.  They have no desire to ride anymore. Some due to age, others are tired of the hobby.  For other friends is still a lifestyle, we travel together & take bike trips together. We are getting older, time will work it's usual deal on us too, eventually.  Frankly since no longer own HD stock am not worried about it.  HD should continue for years & it will continue to change.  Some will like that, others will hate it.  HD is about making money, no misconceptions here about that. Product quality has suffered.  If HD does not correct that, the sales numbers will drop more. There are other brands out there, each has it's own set of problems though.  Grass is not always greener in that other pasture, but sometimes it is.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
Re: Twisted Throttle Opinion of Harley
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 06:31:53 AM »

Harley-Davidson is the only bike I'd ever consider. Competition is getting tough with Victory and Indian, but Harley will hold its value better than the others. I also read the outlaw stuff. Looks like the Cop Clubs might have to look over their shoulders for a while. I've been wearing three patches for over a decade. Always gave respect to the outlaw clubs and they to me. Hope that doesn't change.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.