Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Outrageous CVO Prices - Letter 2 Editor MCN Dec Issue  (Read 7369 times)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
Re: Outrageous CVO Prices - Letter 2 Editor MCN Dec Issue
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 09:21:42 PM »

Ok, so there is image involved, none of us can deny that. I think the Wing is an amazing bike and will have one someday....til then....

I've seen Harley chic's and Harley chic posters.........

Not looking for any Goldwing chic posters anytime soon.... ;D
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 09:52:49 PM »

I Love my bike.....

The looks I get from others are "priceless"
2008 Screaming Eagle Road King

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 05:01:28 PM »

I rode a Honda, and would always buy HD shirts. I've never bought a Honda shirt while riding the HD.

Now there is a truism!! 

:apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pepper: :pineapple: :mango: :orange: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 06:06:59 PM »

I have been an H-D owner for over five years.  I currently own a '03 Road King, a '05 BMW R1200RT and a '98 Honda Magna.  I previously owned a '03 V-Rod.
Every year when the new H-Ds are announced and reviewed, I keep waiting for the guffaws when gthe prices are given.  Of course, they are elbowed out of the way by the requisite complimentary reviews.  Same this year on the CVOs, the annual Emperor’s New Clothes reviews.  When is someone going to come out and say (between laughing fits) that up to $35,000 for a cruiser that struggles to break 80 hp is laughable?  Even at those prices, almost every buyer will have to spend more to correct shortcomings, like the seats and horns.  And why aren’t they called mid-sized?
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy riding my Road King, aside from the pitiful brakes and lack of room in the riding position. At 6’3”, I am too cramped on it for much time in the saddle.  I have tried four seats and three different handlebars in various combinations to add room.  My BMW and Magna will both run circles around the Road King and are roomier.
The RT tops 100 hp.  When you get one, you don’t need to replace anything.  After riding the RT, riding the H-D is like driving a BMW and then driving an old Chevy.  Both are fun, but who will be first to say that an H-D that is 60% higher in price and puts out a bit less in hp than a BMW, or nearly double the price of a Starliner, 109 VTX is absurd?  
Jim Williams, San Antonio, TX.

Mrs We................... :o  you've grown.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »

Yes, just not taller.  I was quoting a news ad, and I'm afraid did not keep the attribution for each post, trying to make them look like separate letters.  Eyes of the beholder...............  you are a butthead, go put yourself on the list.

:D :D :D

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 05:05:57 AM »

Yes, just not taller.  I was quoting a news ad, and I'm afraid did not keep the attribution for each post, trying to make them look like separate letters.  Eyes of the beholder...............  you are a butthead, go put yourself on the list.
 :D :D :D

:oops:  .............  which way is it.  :confused5:   ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 04:19:53 PM »

If the guy with the Honda and Harley says that his Magna -which would be a 750- is roomier than his Road King, I think he has a psychological problem rather than a fitment problem.  -I'm just glad he isn't riding a CVO.  I'm sure all the CVO bikes are smaller than his bicycle- even if he put on a different seat and handlebars.  :bananarock:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 08:04:05 PM »

OK,  one question.  HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN ANYONE WITH A HONDA TATOO?????? :nixweiss:

I REST MY CASE.

HARLEY'S BEST ,  F_ _ K THE REST :2vrolijk_21:

JMHO :apple:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

oldharleyguy

• Full CVO Member
  • Yeah, orange black

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra
    • open for business
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2007, 10:16:41 PM »

Hmmmmmm....jap scrap or an HD..........an HD or a CVO Ultra........easy decision and glad I made it.   I will own this bike forever and it will be my main HD ride but not my only Harley.
When I can't lift my leg over the saddle,this thing will be a trike.
1967 FLH * 2003 EVO Custom * 2004 FXST custom * 2007 VRSCX * 2009/1977 Springer custom * 2009 XR1200

dagbre

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 SEFB
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007, 05:44:10 AM »

It's a choice between apples and oranges. I will NEVER depart from my SEFB. From time to time i long for crappy roads. Thus, I plan to buy an expendable bike as stand-by for the bad days:
Måteleg klok kvar mann vere ovklok vere han ikkje for sjeldan er hugnad i hjarta å finna hjå honom som ovklok er!

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 10:58:46 AM »

If the guy with the Honda and Harley says that his Magna  is roomier than his Road King, -which would be a 750- I think he has a psychological problem rather than a fitment problem.  -I'm just glad he isn't riding a CVO.  I'm sure all the CVO bikes are smaller than his bicycle- even if he put on a different seat and handlebars.  :bananarock:

I'm not sure which year the Magna was, but for several years Honda made the Magna V-65 which in the mid '80s was one of the best handling cruiser/sport bikes on the road.  It was also one of the fastest bikes on the road.  Back in a previous life I rode with a guy that had a V-65 and he was very comfortable riding it and loved it to death.  He's 6'-4" and when riding double up his wife was somewhere in the 5'-7" range.  It was no problem for him in 3rd gear to lift the front end if he was a bit to happy with the throttle.

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents worth of useless information out there.   ;D ;D ;D
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2008, 01:54:45 PM »

I'm not sure which year the Magna was, but for several years Honda made the Magna V-65 which in the mid '80s was one of the best handling cruiser/sport bikes on the road.  It was also one of the fastest bikes on the road.  Back in a previous life I rode with a guy that had a V-65 and he was very comfortable riding it and loved it to death.  He's 6'-4" and when riding double up his wife was somewhere in the 5'-7" range.  It was no problem for him in 3rd gear to lift the front end if he was a bit to happy with the throttle.

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents worth of useless information out there.   ;D ;D ;D

I know it's a 750 by the year of the bike.  I personally owned two V65 Honda Magnas.  I lost my contacts racing a Cadillac (which I blew away) when I passed it at 110mph.  First one sucked out of my eye, and before I could do anything, the other one went too!  They were cool bikes.  Honda also made the V65 Sabre which handled better and was less of a chopper looking bike, I can't remember exactly what year they discontinued the V65s, but all the later ones were just 750s.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 07:49:52 PM »

Hey, KEWL Costs $$$$$$.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 11:42:25 PM by Zombie »

BigR55

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 11:32:02 PM »

Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't think anyone at any of the Harley plants ever took dog fleas, infested them with bubonic plague and floated them over into China on ballons. Never forget who brought you Pearl Harbor, WWII, 9-11 or even the Alamo! :-[ :-[ :-[

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2008, 08:53:15 AM »

Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't think anyone at any of the Harley plants ever took dog fleas, infested them with bubonic plague and floated them over into China on ballons. Never forget who brought you Pearl Harbor, WWII, 9-11 or even the Alamo! :-[ :-[ :-[

Does this mean that you immediately removed the front forks from your Harley and replaced them with "American" parts?  That's just one example, there are many more if we want to go down that road.  And BTW, that so-called "American" Harley is now rapidly becoming Chinese as they source more and more of their parts to the lowest (slave labor) bidder.  (Hmmmm, wonder if that has anything to do with the obvious decline in quality/reliability over the past few years?)

Tell you what I'd love to be able to do - ride by the domicile of each person who waves the flag when it comes to motorcycles and take a look at the other products they own.  Let's see, a Toyota in the driveway, a Sony in the family room, what else?

I still haven't seen anyone effectively refute the contention that H-D's bikes in general, and the CVO's in particular, are overpriced and underperforming relative to most of the competition.  :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.