Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Travel much? Bring your own glasses!  (Read 2547 times)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Travel much? Bring your own glasses!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 10:44:38 PM »

Spyder,
This is so true. One of our responsibilities as FF's is doing business inspections for fire hazards. This includes restaurants to check there hood extinguishment systems. Due to this requirement we spend a lot of time in the kitchens of these establishments. You would be surprised/sickened to see what goes on behind the closed doors of some of the finer restaurants. :nervous: :puke: My wife doesn't understand why I don't like to go out to eat and can't believe it when I tell her if you saw some of the things I did you wouldn't either.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Yep, when I was in college I drove for a local delivery company.  Made a few deliverys to some of the nicer restaurants in central Oklahoma and got to see the kitchens.  I about gagged in one of the nicest.  Back then I could not afford to eat there...now I can and wouldn't eat there on a bet.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 10:54:49 PM »

Spyder,
This is so true. One of our responsibilities as FF's is doing business inspections for fire hazards. This includes restaurants to check there hood extinguishment systems. Due to this requirement we spend a lot of time in the kitchens of these establishments. You would be surprised/sickened to see what goes on behind the closed doors of some of the finer restaurants. :nervous: :puke: My wife doesn't understand why I don't like to go out to eat and can't believe it when I tell her if you saw some of the things I did you wouldn't either.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

"On the job" related experiences....this is one of the reasons I freak out when a fly gets into our house!!!

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 05:17:42 PM »

I recently watched a show about toxic mold exposure in several hotels.  They weren't cheap ones either.  Many of these large buildings have suffered water damage and now have problems with black mold.  On this particular show, several people developed respiratory problems after exposure.  All you have to do is breath the air.   :'(
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »

I recently watched a show about toxic mold exposure in several hotels.  They weren't cheap ones either.  Many of these large buildings have suffered water damage and now have problems with black mold.  On this particular show, several people developed respiratory problems after exposure.  All you have to do is breath the air.   :'(

That's it, I'm holding my breath when ever I stay in a motel......
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 11:28:06 PM »

That's it, I'm holding my breath when ever I stay in a motel......
Uh oh.......you've been exhaling?  ::) :P har!  :huepfenjump3: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 11:34:00 PM »

Uh oh.......you've been exhaling?  ::) :P har!  :huepfenjump3: spyder

I thought it was ok to exhale.  But inhaling will keep you from growing up to be President of the United States :nixweiss: .

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 11:45:39 PM »

I thought it was ok to exhale.  But inhaling will keep you from growing up to be President of the United States :nixweiss: .
Well.......drat!  :-X  har!  :D spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 05:04:39 AM »

A friend of mine works for our local phone company & was doing repairs to the system of an upscale specialty restaurant in town. He was working in the kitchen area and Twice(first time thought he was imagining it) the people cleaning off the tables were bringing the plates from the patrons tables after they were done eating and emptying the left over contents of the soup of the day back into the slow cooker for the next poor slob to eat. If that wasn't discusting enough after he phoned the health department about it after he was finished the repair his boss reprimanded him for calling the health department saying that wasn't any of his business to get involved. SOUP ANYONE?

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 06:13:35 AM »

He did the right thing.  That may be an acceptable practice in a different country, not here.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 21 queries.