Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Harley CFO Sees Earnings Below Last Year  (Read 5301 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Harley CFO Sees Earnings Below Last Year
« on: April 13, 2005, 10:19:33 AM »

04/13/2005 09:42:02

BOSTON (Reuters) - Harley-Davidson Inc.'s <HDI.N> second-quarter earnings will be lower than what the company earned in the same quarter last year, the motorcycle maker's chief financial officer and CEO-elect said on Wednesday. "Earnings in (the second quarter) will be lower than last year, primarily due to inefficiencies and due to disruptions in production," said Jim Ziemer, Harley's CFO and chief executive-elect in a conference call with analysts.

"We are taking a precautionary measure by moderating our 2005 shipment schedule to maintain that demand remains in excess of supply. Based on all our indicators we see continued 7 to 9 percent unit growth."

Analysts, on average, had forecast Harley would deliver EPS of 92 cents in the second quarter versus 83 cents in the year-earlier period, according to Reuters Estimates.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: Harley CFO Sees Earnings Below Last Year
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 10:22:22 AM »

Look at the graph up top...down almost 20% right now.

Sorry Stockholders, this is part my fault since I would not spend $33K for the SEFB...if only the dealer would have taken MSRP.

/Bill
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:24:14 AM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

mfgreen

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 12:17:39 PM by mfgreen »

Hotmetal2

• Junior CVO Member
  • Ride, Ride and Ride
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 03:46:47 PM »

Harley-Davidson stock plunges on outlook
Slowdown in shipments raises warning flags for analysts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7487543

Look at the survey: Are Harley's best days behind it?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 03:50:31 PM by Hotmetal2 »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 04:13:26 PM »

I can only hope that this could possibly mean that when you walk into a dealership you (the  purchaser) can be in charge of the purchase.

That would be a good change and would ensure another Screaming Eagle gracing my garage!

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 05:40:14 PM »

04/13/2005 09:42:02

BOSTON (Reuters) - Harley-Davidson Inc.'s <HDI.N> second-quarter earnings will be lower than what the company earned in the same quarter last year, the motorcycle maker's chief financial officer and CEO-elect said on Wednesday. "Earnings in (the second quarter) will be lower than last year, primarily due to inefficiencies and due to disruptions in production," said Jim Ziemer, Harley's CFO and chief executive-elect in a conference call with analysts.

"We are taking a precautionary measure by moderating our 2005 shipment schedule to maintain that demand remains in excess of supply. Based on all our indicators we see continued 7 to 9 percent unit growth."

Analysts, on average, had forecast Harley would deliver EPS of 92 cents in the second quarter versus 83 cents in the year-earlier period, according to Reuters Estimates.

Think its time to buy ?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 05:43:41 PM »

Think its time to buy ?

As I read the articles that is exactly what was going through my mind. I'll watch it for a few days and wait for the initial shock to go away.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 06:04:35 PM »

Think its time to buy ?

I do!  I've already got HDI but I'm adding more.  I think in a couple days......maybe even tomorrow, it'll be right back where it was.  It's just a cough for them but I'm takin advantage of it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

LBI-DTW

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 06:28:17 PM »

Thinking about buying not sure about that.
Need to sell it. Oh yes,
HDI close $48.93
Down $9.84
I will hold off and play the let's see what up next on the buy side
I am sure more info. will be coming out.
Just need to find a Martha Stewart type in HDI.
LBI-DTW

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 06:57:07 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,
 I can't say I have been totally in charge of all my Harley purchases, with the emotion level factored in, but I have always gotten what I considered to be a good deal.  If I'm happy, and the Dealer is happy, that's a good deal, right?  But, that's my Dealer.  I think the reason the MoCo failed in meeting their objectives, is, as in all manufacturing, a direct result of their increase in supply over demand.  This can only be blamed on their greedy "Botique Harley Dealers", continually raping Customers with gross MSRP bumps on the front end, and then, ramming it to them again on the back end, with 84 Month financing at 10-18% interest rates.  The "Stealers", then convinced themselves it would never end.  My Ol' Pappy told me that Pigs get fat, and Hogs go to slaughter!  I do not term Profit as a dirty word.  However, the constant price gouging and over charging of Customers, will ultimately end in ruin.  There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD        
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • &quot;AWESOME&quot;
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 07:59:38 PM »

I don't "Chime In" here unless I have something to say that is in my gut. It is and has been my opinion that the Harley wave has crested and they are heading for trouble. It first struck me when they extended the Anniversary Year by 3 months just to try to meet production numbers forcasted for that model year and fell short. over the last 8 months the bikes are backing up on the "Stealership Floor". This should be a wake up call to stop gouging prices and start handing out incentives. Not just on Bikes but on their overpriced Chrome and Tee Shirts that we all wear to Advertise for them.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  God I Feel So Much Better Now [smiley=beerchug.gif]
                S/E Dave

mfgreen

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 08:06:05 PM »

I don't "Chime In" here unless I have something to say that is in my gut. It is and has been my opinion that the Harley wave has crested and they are heading for trouble. It first struck me when they extended the Anniversary Year by 3 months just to try to meet production numbers forcasted for that model year and fell short. over the last 8 months the bikes are backing up on the "Stealership Floor". This should be a wake up call to stop gouging prices and start handing out incentives. Not just on Bikes but on their overpriced Chrome and Tee Shirts that we all wear to Advertise for them.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 08:38:35 PM »

Hey guy's,,, and girls

What's really scary is that I agree with "Tater"

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 08:46:09 PM »

Hey,
 These dealers might start giving walkin bussiness 10 to 20% discounts again.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 08:48:47 PM »

Well, I bought HDI stock 1st thing on the opening this morning.  THAT should be the kiss of death for the MOCO.  I'm the greatest contrarian going...... [smiley=stupid.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.