Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Accident regarding the recall  (Read 2844 times)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
Re: Accident regarding the recall
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »

Better handling and road feel is not the same as the strength to withstand a collision.

I was being somewhat sarcastic! There is always trade offs.
The "TAZMUN"

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 03:39:31 PM »

What a tragedy, what a loss.  Sure do hate reading these stories.   

Was at the dealer today for "other" parts and they showed me the plastic parts that fix the recall.  I can't imagine they could help much.  All I can say is stay focused out there and ride as safely as you can.

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »

my brother is the commander  for the san marcos bike unit... they rode up to attend the funeral and the talk was about how the bike was on recall and it hadnt been done... thier was over 400 bike officers thier .... the lawsuits on the way for sure....

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 08:47:29 PM »

my brother is the commander  for the san marcos bike unit... they rode up to attend the funeral and the talk was about how the bike was on recall and it hadnt been done... thier was over 400 bike officers thier .... the lawsuits on the way for sure....
I agree they may come, but no MONEY can bring back a loved one!
The "TAZMUN"

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 12:45:58 AM »

It sounds like a fine brave man took on a job with risks to protect the citizens of his community.  A tragic accident took him from his family and community.  Part of the risks he took involved decisions during an emergency.  If fault for his decision falls on him does it make him any less deserving of the fullest of honors we citizens owe our public servants who risk the greatest thing man has to offer.  Thanks be to all the noble knights who mount their steeds when duty calls so we may be secure in our kingdoms.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »

It sounds like a fine brave man took on a job with risks to protect the citizens of his community.  A tragic accident took him from his family and community.  Part of the risks he took involved decisions during an emergency.  If fault for his decision falls on him does it make him any less deserving of the fullest of honors we citizens owe our public servants who risk the greatest thing man has to offer.  Thanks be to all the noble knights who mount their steeds when duty calls so we may be secure in our kingdoms.
I have to agree.
The "TAZMUN"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.