Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: gov signs bill to quiet hogs  (Read 4990 times)

JETCVO

• Full CVO Member
  • CopperTop #1643
gov signs bill to quiet hogs
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:41:21 PM »

Thought you might find this article of interest.

Maybe time to start blowing our horns often and continuously!
I'm getting a bigger horn and may have it connected to the throttle.
More throttle more horn!!!  

Motorcycling Calif. gov signs bill to quiet hogs - By ROBIN HINDERY Associated Press Writer
http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_16199826?source=email

Apparently to Sen. Fran Pavley, D-Agoura Hills, the author of SB435, If you have loud pipes, you must be a "Hells Angel!"

Gotta get these bastards out of office.    :soapbox:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:45:42 PM by JETCVO »

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: gov signs bill to quiet hogs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:11:52 AM »

Laws will fix everything!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:17:42 AM »

:sauer005:
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:28:36 AM »

What a beautiful state, too bad the polititions are so screwed up there. How do these people get into office out there?

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:43:41 AM »

F'em ! Pay the fine and ride LOUD and PROUD !!!!!
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »

F'em ! Pay the fine and ride LOUD and PROUD !!!!!

:2vrolijk_21: YEA  1 3/4 drag pipes for everyone  :2vrolijk_21: that will set all of the car alarms off and keep the police busy. Maybe they'll ban car alarms next  :nixweiss:

"Pay the fine and ride LOUD and PROUD"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »

I don't blame the politicians, they are just doing what the majority of their constituents want will get them votes.  Perhaps if the "Loud and Proud" minority hadn't been so obnoxious, this would be a non-issue.  But we all know, and some obviously are, biker's who just love to run the loudest pipes possible and then rev 'em up to impress the bystanders.  Well, many of the bystander's are fed up with the juvenile behavior, and I can't say I blame them.

I know taking responsibility for one's actions isn't part of our culture these days, but I personally don't care to hear a bunch of whining from the very same people who caused all the negative attention in the first place.  Time for some folks to grow up, suck it up, and move on.  And if their next bike sounds like a Singer sewing machine, they need to look in the mirror and place the blame squarely where it belongs.

Jerry

Edited for those who would rather bitch about the "politician doing what the majority wants" statement than deal with the real issue.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 02:36:42 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 02:22:15 PM »

Know the whole story! Affects 2013 and NEWER Motorcycles, 2012 and older are grandfathered, so let's watch HD's stock slide then. Watch our older bikes go up in value.

sblade1948

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 05:55:21 PM »

Now there's a novel idea a politician doing what their constituents want.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »

2 things-

First, where in the world does anybody see the politicians doing what the MAJORITY wanted???  I'll lay odds it's only a couple of people screaming and bitching loud!  Hell, a local town here just passed an ordinance making October a gay pride MONTH, when 60% of the constituents DIDN"T WANT IT!!!  Hell, we've got an entire political system doing chit for their OWN whims and not one thing for their constituents.

Second, my stock exhaust 07 has set off more than a few car alarms.  Sounds like I need to ride to Sacramento!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

My Bagg

• Ferguson, Harley Ferguson
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Red FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »

I don't blame the politicians, they are just doing what the majority of their constituents want.  Perhaps if the "Loud and Proud" minority hadn't been so obnoxious, this would be a non-issue.  But we all know, and some obviously are, biker's who just love to run the loudest pipes possible and then rev 'em up to impress the bystanders.  Well, many of the bystander's are fed up with the juvenile behavior, and I can't say I blame them.

I know taking responsibility for one's actions isn't part of our culture these days, but I personally don't care to hear a bunch of whining from the very same people who caused all the negative attention in the first place.  Time for some folks to grow up, suck it up, and move on.  And if their next bike sounds like a Singer sewing machine, they need to look in the mirror and place the blame squarely where it belongs.

Jerry

Amen  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »

I don't blame the politicians, they are just doing what the majority of their constituents want.  Perhaps if the "Loud and Proud" minority hadn't been so obnoxious, this would be a non-issue.  But we all know, and some obviously are, biker's who just love to run the loudest pipes possible and then rev 'em up to impress the bystanders.  Well, many of the bystander's are fed up with the juvenile behavior, and I can't say I blame them.

I know taking responsibility for one's actions isn't part of our culture these days, but I personally don't care to hear a bunch of whining from the very same people who caused all the negative attention in the first place.  Time for some folks to grow up, suck it up, and move on.  And if their next bike sounds like a Singer sewing machine, they need to look in the mirror and place the blame squarely where it belongs.

Jerry
I don't know of any politicians doing what the majority of their constituents want......here in Cali they stand up and say that they're not voting this way or that way because "they don't believe in it" or vica-versa. 

But your statement about those riding with obnoxiously loud exhast have nobody else to blame but their selves.  And is anybody ever really impressed by those?  I think not.  I remember back in my 20s when I thought the "sound" was cool and that was a priority.  Somewhere along the way I've grown up a little and then "performance" became the priority over "sound". 

I've got to say that considering the demographics of the members of this forum, I'm very surprised to see over and over again guys asking about the "sound" of a particular exhaust system rather than the "performance" of it.  Personally I prefer a quieter, more mellow sound.....provided there's a performance increase.  Couple that with the consideration of expense is why we're using the Fullsac baffles. :2vrolijk_21:

Add to that......that both mine and Terrie's bikes have mufflers that have the EPA stamp on them.......just in case one of the local law wants to lay on the ground, on the side of the road to read it. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 03:00:38 AM »

I don't blame the politicians, they are just doing what the majority of their constituents want.

I question whether the politicians do it for what the majority want. I don't recall any of my neighbors discussing or even knowing about this as an issue. Just another politician making the public think again that motorcycles are a public nuisance and that they are the public heroes for standing up and rescuing the public from this nuisance.

I hear 9 out of 10 of the public complaining about road funds being diverted for uses other than road repairs and that Cali roads are some of the worst in the nation. Got a real issue here impacting 99% of the population. Where is our hero in regards to roads. She is the head of transportation. Nowhere. But wait, now when she runs for office again she can brag on her real accomplishment, getting smog and sound on motorcycles after 2013. She can add this to the fact she pushed through a bicycle helmet law requiring people under 16 years of age to wear helmets when cycling. Maybe she'll request that all bridges be painted blue so that when we see the color blue we'll all drive friendlier and not cuss when we have to drive on roads in such bad condition that our exhaust wants to fall off.

Thank you heroic politician for looking out for the public interest. These are the type of Politicos that erode away the public freedoms one little bill at a time. This one got our attention because it involved motorcycles. What about the three other bills she got pushed through? Does everybody agree to those?

I prefer the mellower more performing exhaust as well. Though I hated my stock (Volkswagon sewing machine) sound.

I whine when the public freedoms slowly get eroded away by nanny govt. When I look in the mirror I see where the politico just took a crap on my head and got away with it. Why? Because somebody else thinks that because this time the law negatively impacts others (louder pipes) and not them (quieter pipes) so it must be okay. Next law the tables might be turned and people will say it's okay if you're negatively impacted because they are not.

Pussification of America by pussifying motorcycles. People will have more respect and be more in awe of motorcycle riders once we get rid of the rough element and get more pussified by putting on training wheels. Pink riding gear is friendlier than black and the public will like that as well. I hope someday the govt requires the industries to modify the computers in all vehicles to sync with a GPS controlling a governor so that nobody will be able to exceed the speed limit. We will never have an accident again because we are all govt protected.

Can you believe those dumb-asses in Boston started a war with the British over taxes the colony of Georgia didn't have to pay?

God Bless America and our freedoms!   :nixweiss:

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 03:44:21 AM by D31960 »
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 08:43:59 AM »

So tell us how you really feel Don? :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »

Now there's a novel idea a politician doing what their constituents want.

When did they start that  :nixweiss:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.