Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: gov signs bill to quiet hogs  (Read 4991 times)

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
Re: gov signs bill to quiet hogs
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 11:09:19 AM »

Another great thing coming from the great land of Pelosi

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 11:38:20 AM »

:cherry:
Some of you here may also be gun owners and perhaps have joined the NRA at one time and/or are still a member.

If so,  you likely joined so as to help the NRA preserve your gun ownership rights and for them to fight any legislation striving to overturn the 2nd amendment or in some other manner deminish your gun ownership rights as has been tried in various states.

The AMA (American Motorcyclist Association),  has been for many years fighting anti-biker legislation in states that attempt to create laws/ordinances that are biased against motorcyclists.

Like the NRA,  the more dues-paying members the better they are able to help in these kinds of matters.   I've been a member since around 1967,  (used to ride enduros and some hill climbs and AMA membership was required).....now I'm a Charter member.

Consider joining up.......

http://www.ama-cycle.org/

:2vrolijk_21:

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 01:12:49 PM »

CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 07:50:51 PM »

::)
Yes they did,  and if you read the whole article,  that was kind of "tongue in cheek",  overall,  the AMA is concerned about the ramifications (nation-wide) of the recent steps taken in California regarding the "noise" issue.

Furmon

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »

Glad I don't live in the nanny state (California).  You all have my condolences.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »

California politicians have gone too far!  First silencing a tradition, second, banning toys in McDonald Happy Meals because parents can't control what their kids eat?  WTF how did we get here???? :soapbox:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2010, 07:08:44 PM »

IMO. Just another "fell good" law that will only be enforced if the police need a reason to pull you over. I see alot of riders in Calif. that don't wear the proper helmets and still get away with it. There are some cities that already have the laws, I wonder if they include loud stereos, exhausts for rice burners and parents yelling at there kids.  :nixweiss: 10 more years and I'm headed to Arizona.

CVO Willy

• CVO Willy
  • Full CVO Member
  • Loving The Wine Country

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 07:18:31 PM »

California politicians have gone too far!  First silencing a tradition, second, banning toys in McDonald Happy Meals because parents can't control what their kids eat?  WTF how did we get here???? :soapbox:

Unfortunately we keep voting in these wonderful politicians! We keep believing everything they tell us. My kid said it perfectly, There dumbing us down Dad! Couldn't of said it better. You think after all we have experience we would try something different. Oh No! We voted in Jerry Brown Again!  :soapbox:   :oops:   :sauer024: :thumbsdown: :hanged: :toilet: :argue: :beatdeadhorse:
CVO WILLY

Loving The Wine Country
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.