Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bloomberg about Wandell  (Read 811 times)

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
Bloomberg about Wandell
« on: November 22, 2011, 03:20:10 AM »

interesting read: Bloomberg Businessweek about Wandell.

Among other topics they focus on Wandell treating the dealer council:

" ... Meeting With Dealers

“They have to trust and believe in where we’re trying to take them,” Wandell said.

In a six-story, 97-year-old brick building on Milwaukee’s west side, Harley’s 12-member dealer council meets three days each quarter to discuss issues facing the network.

In the past, CEOs would drop in for an hour or two while the council was in town, said Jimmy Pilavin, who owns dealerships in Framingham, Massachusetts, and Pawtucket, Rhode Island.

At his first meeting, Wandell, blunt and direct, sat and listened as the meeting quickly turned into a complaint session. He cut it off and focused the dealers on the most important issues.

“I’m just going to tell you exactly what I think,” Wandell said. “I want to hear what you think as well, but I’m not going to take a lot of time to try to soft-sell anything. We don’t have time to sit around and make each other feel good.”

‘Polished CEO’

He has since spent entire days with the group resolving issues, Pilavin said. From concerns raised in those meetings, Wandell has agreed to changes that protect the dealers. He has trimmed their number in the U.S. and stepped up audits to guard against dealers selling below minimum advertised prices, he said. ..."

So now we know who came up with the new sales restrictions ...
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

C2CRider

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Bloomberg about Wandell
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 02:14:37 PM »

“I’m just going to tell you exactly what I think,” Wandell said. “I want to hear what you think as well, but I’m not going to take a lot of time to try to soft-sell anything. We don’t have time to sit around and make each other feel good.”

I like that, to much feel good chit these days....  get down to business.  Like it or not, the MOCO is the Mother Ship. 

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
Re: Bloomberg about Wandell
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »

a lot of people who personally met Wandell like his "no fuss"-approach.

But never forget this was essentially a sanitized press release  ;)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.