Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Wild Hogs, The Movie  (Read 7477 times)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Wild Hogs, The Movie
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2007, 10:52:33 PM »

By the way, the movie was a good laugh :huepfenlol2: Pretty stereotypical though, but worth seeing.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2007, 10:59:08 PM »

Thanks for that Mark. I was just a little upset that you might have thought that was aimed at anyone in particular, and certainly no one here. I like everyone I interact with here and think this place has the most real people and real bikers anywhere. Those movies just get my goat a little. I'm happy you posted. I'd hate to think anyone here would be upset by that! Hoist! 8)

Here, have a cyber shot on me :drink: All is good  :) :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2007, 11:03:28 PM »

Nobody has to appoint you chief judge of all bikerdome, because you ARE Cheif Judge of All Bikerdome :huepfenlol2:

Thanks for your compliments B B. I wasn't looking for an answer about me. And the post wasn't an attack in any way. Sorry it was taken that way. I was just looking for an answer for the real biker and wannabe debate. It's just that we & I have had some real issues with some club members that are a bunch of immature pussy ass pukes. Howie brought up the monikers so I just was looking for input. I started a thread about it in "other topics."

Take care,

Grover

Grover,
          Hey you gotta be a biker, you've got your real name and your biker name  hahahahahahahah  

Anyway, it's so weird, that you brought this all up. I got called a RUB by a couple of new patches in a local club that have no idea who/what I am today. Friend of mine started to set em straight and I stopped him. " this kinda chit amuses me to no end bro" I says. " let em think what they want to think, none of it matters to me any more"  And that's really the essence of it. It isn't about what anybody else thinks. Don't let any asshole with a 3 piece patch bother you my friend. I've been there, and if it was really what it's all about, I'd still be there. It isn't and I'm not. I am member of this website and a lot more sane and happy for it.

Big B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »

By the way, the movie was a good laugh :huepfenlol2: Pretty stereotypical though, but worth seeing.

Well I've only seen the trailers on TV, but the thing that's got Beags, Hank, Cappy and my other riding bros out here laughing is that I got creamed by a bird on the way from Tombstone to Phoenix last year during AZ Bike Week. Sucker hit my mirror ass first ay 80 .I closed my eyes at the last minute. Me and Beags were in the front and the guys behind us said it looked like the bird exploded. All I know is that there was bird chit everywhere.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2007, 05:15:57 AM »

One of the HOG chapters put out that there was a ride after the HOG meeting to the theater to watch this movie.  My husband responded with "What?  It is the beginning of March, mid 60s or higher, who wants to sit in a theater?"  We actually missed the HOG meeting altogether - had to run to the HD store closest to us and buy a new battery.  We pulled the two bikes out, pulled them upright, I hit my starter and Jamey seemed to be struggling with something so I turned my bike back off to realize his bike was not starting. 

(hanging my head -  :vrolijk_19: my bike is so loud I did not realise his bike was not running)  Jamey pulled out the old one while I ran to get a new battery. 

Well since we were not going to meet up with the group we went out on our own and had a fantastic time.  Stopped at a HD shop on the way home, and got to get one of those handy dandy bags with a dinner plate and cutlery because I spent more than $300.  Like that is hard to do, right? 

But re movie, unless next Saturday is a bad weather day - another HOG chapter has plans to see this movie as a bike riding group - discounted entrance fee - we will wait till it comes out on TV.  I like sitting in the comfort of my own home, watching on the big screen more than sittin in the theater. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:01:30 PM by Mrs.WeCVO »

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2007, 10:04:41 AM »

Here in the snow covered area of Akron Ohio - we're taking about 10 of us and the wives to have a few beers and see the movie next Sat the 10th. I've seen all the trailers and I think I'm going to like it. The casting seems a little off ( I don't see these 4 guys being friends ) but who knows! And Ray Liotta as a bad guy? Ray - better hit the gym a few times if he want's to run with the boys around here! It takes a lot more than Ink and a vest. I'll write my review and post it next week
later
Beerman
2008 FLHX, 1997 FLSTS, 1982 BMW R65

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2007, 08:02:10 PM »

This boss and I went to see the movie Friday night (still too cold here to be riding much).

We really enjoyed it.  It has several funny "slapstick" moments to it.  I doubt if it will become a classic.  But, if your local deal positioned a few new bikes in the theatre lobby as ours did, it should sell some Harleys.

As bikers there are about a million things you could pick as unrealistic about the movie.  But it is supposed to be for entertainment, not a documentary and I was entertained.  So I give it a rating of "3/4 of a tank."  Don't miss any riding time to see it, but if you have time to kill on a rainy day or you have to take the wife out anyway (birthday in my case), its worth the price of admission.

Speaking of the price of admission.  Maybe my memory is bad, but it seem like back when I was in high school I could put gas in my truck, take my girl to the movie, and grab a couple of burgers afterwards for less than what one ticket costs now.   :confused5:  Oh well, I am sure my parents said the same thing everytime I asked to "borrow" ten bucks on Saturday night.

Later,
Ghost

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2007, 03:22:31 PM »

This is what I call entertainment!  This movie is great for all..young and old.  I'm sure we all can find some part to relate to and other parts to just enjoy.  IMHO it's one of the better movies to come out in awhile, of course, how could you go wrong with a cast like this.  You gotta see this movie! :jalapeno:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2007, 09:19:58 AM »

The wife and I saw it saturday and got a good laugh out of it.  Suprised to see the Paul Sr & Jr in it.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 11:50:50 AM »

The wife and I saw it saturday and got a good laugh out of it.  Suprised to see the Paul Sr & Jr in it.

yea, he's a natural on the big screen  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  I wonder how many takes they had to make to get that awesome one line performance out of him  :duhk:

looks like its going to be a nice day, time to pull out the fatty and see how many for sale signs I can hit  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 08:02:45 PM »

Sassy & I just had 'date' night. We went to dinner then the movie & the 7 o'clock was sold out! We're going back @ 9.

p.s. For those who were wondering, I made it home fine!  ;D

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2007, 08:05:35 PM »

Sassy & I just had 'date' night. We went to dinner then the movie & the 7 o'clock was sold out! We're going back @ 9.

p.s. For those who were wondering, I made it home fine!  ;D

Hope you had a good time. Sure looked like it in the pics.

Chief

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

Went to see the movie with the wife earlier this week...
It was fun...and she said " It makes me want to ride more"...Yeah!!!

I think she laughed more than I did...

I love the part when Peter Fonda shows up and says its about the ride...and tells
his boy to hit the road and get back in touch... I agree!!!

When I tell everyone I meet about the site...I tell them its a great group of people
who like to ride...and thats a bond that goes a long way!!! 

DisAir

2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »

My wife and I went to see Wild Hogs tonight. Very light hearted and not realistic, but was very enjoyable. Many laughs and a great movie for anyone that has an interest in bikes and the adventure of the open road. :2vrolijk_21:
WOODY

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2007, 12:24:03 AM »

Wife and I went last night to see the movie.   Funny stuff...it's good cheap entertainment.  Good soundtrack, I might add.
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.756 seconds with 24 queries.