Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: A Must Read. EPA Ruling Could Make Or Break The Bank For Millions Of Americans  (Read 5342 times)

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:55:30 PM by RedMoon »

HDSLK

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
Re: EPA Acknowledges E-15 Damages Engines
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »

There's a surprise...
“Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point.” C.S. Lewis

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 01:22:15 PM »

It is getting tougher and tougher to find non-ethanol blended fuel in some areas.  Especially here in the corn belt.  We can NOT stop hammering on this issue.  Everyone must continue to contact their elected officials and state the facts:  more pollution, higher gas prices, higher food costs.  This crap has been forced on us and there are many getting rich off it.  We can't kill the industry but we CAN get the ethanol subsidy cut back and/or ended.  Ethanol will then die.  Like all alternative fuel fantasies, it cannot live without being propped up by the tax payer.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »

The ethanol subsidy has already been "cut back".  Take a look at current pricing differentials for regular gasoline and E85.  Around here the average differential has been running at about $0.20 per gallon.  If you convert prices to reflect cost per actual unit of energy, E85 is significantly more expensive than regular gasoline these days.  It's amazing that so many people with flex fuel vehicles still blindly pull up to the E85 pump without understanding they are paying much more for much less energy and mpg.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3

The ethanol subsidy has already been "cut back".  Take a look at current pricing differentials for regular gasoline and E85.  Around here the average differential has been running at about $0.20 per gallon.  If you convert prices to reflect cost per actual unit of energy, E85 is significantly more expensive than regular gasoline these days.  It's amazing that so many people with flex fuel vehicles still blindly pull up to the E85 pump without understanding they are paying much more for much less energy and mpg.

Jerry
Jerry I agree. I live in the Midwest and E85 is a joke.

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 05:27:08 PM »

It is getting tougher and tougher to find non-ethanol blended fuel in some areas.  Especially here in the corn belt.  We can NOT stop hammering on this issue.  Everyone must continue to contact their elected officials and state the facts:  more pollution, higher gas prices, higher food costs.  This crap has been forced on us and there are many getting rich off it.  We can't kill the industry but we CAN get the ethanol subsidy cut back and/or ended.  Ethanol will then die.  Like all alternative fuel fantasies, it cannot live without being propped up by the tax payer.

2smoke
I love the tone of your post. I live in PA...where can I find non-ethanol...REAL...gasoline...who makes it?

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam

I buy 100% gas when I can.  I have several stations with in 10 miles of the house that have 100% 93 octane gas.

E-85 is a joke.  I ran one tank in my Impala, it was 30 cents less than regular, but with the huge loss of milage it cost me more to go 300 miles than it did with more expensive regular.  Never bought it again, did it that time so my wife would understand.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather

Around here in VA and NC more and more stations are carrying 87 or 93 non ethanol.
There is also an APP for that called Pure Gas.
 :) :) :)

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"

Is premium typically non ethanol ?  just loaded the pure gas app and it showed my local country store gas station , and I was certain the pump sai :nixweiss:d "up to 10% ethanol"
My favorite color is chrome

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather

I don't think so but around here most stations that do have non ethanol are small mom and pop or country stores. also just back from about 3500 mile trip and seen the same in
Miss, AL, GA most times you will see a good size sign non ethanol here or something
like that. The app has been been correct for me with the exception of 2 times and one of them times they had it but was only 83 I try to use Non ethanol every chance I get. Kinda like
looking for a cold beer in a dry county. :) :) :)

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2

We buy it for our marina but it runs about 40 cents more that E10 and we have to buy 1000 gallon minimum. I fill up 5 gallon cans rather than riding the bike out the dock to fill up! :o
T-MAN 117 kit

hdnitro

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

I often wondered about the effect ethanol would have on how lean and the effect on air /fuel ratio when used.Knowing that to run on alcohol/methanol you have to have huge jets by comparison to gasoline to get the volume of fuel for a suitable air/fuel ratio,and ethanol being a form of alcohol fuel(I assume) this confirmed my suspicion. This is why I stopped using it in my car.
There are only 3 sports in this world.Bullfighting,mountain climbing,and motorsport.The rest are merely games. Ernest Hemingway.
Racing is life.Everything before and after is just waiting time.
Steve McQueen.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts

Hess it the only one here that I don't see an E85 Sticker on so I assume it is methanol free?

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU

Hess it the only one here that I don't see an E85 Sticker on so I assume it is methanol free?

AFAIK, none of the regular gasoline stations have any methanol in their gasoline.  The "E" stands for Ethanol, and the 85 means it's 85% ethanol (and the remaining 15% is gasoline).  E10 means 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline.

Check the pump to see if there's a sticker saying "Contains up to 10% ethanol" or words to that effect.  In my area, every station that carries E-zero (pure gas) advertises it with a big sign so people can find them.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.

The only places shown on the Pure Gas app in my area having zero ethanol are small airports and marinas. No place in the Pittsburgh area that I have found yet where I can buy fuel having less than 10% ethanol.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member

:confused5:
I'm really confused with the way this post has gone from E10 (which we are all familiar with being 10% enthanol blended with regular gas),  they are  "pushing" to go higher with E15 (which would UP the percentage of ethanol to 15% and that is known to cause the problems specified in the referenced articles).

All of a sudden,  I see E85 :nervous:  Did somehow the blend percentage get turned around backwards.... :nixweiss:

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.502 seconds with 21 queries.