Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: California Spec. 2016 CVO Street glide  (Read 826 times)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

California Spec. 2016 CVO Street glide
« on: December 20, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »

How much different are the California Spec. 2016 CVO Street Glide builds differ from the rest of the US.

I'm guessing some kind of smog equipmnet, yet to purchase a shop manual. On KYM I removed the canister.

Thankgeezerglide

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: California Spec. 2016 CVO Street glide
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 03:27:19 PM »

How much different are the California Spec. 2016 CVO Street Glide builds differ from the rest of the US.

I'm guessing some kind of smog equipmnet, yet to purchase a shop manual. On KYM I removed the canister.

Thankgeezerglide

Manufacturers shifted to 50 state models years ago for emission control systems instead of trying to keep up with all the varied requirements being passed by individual states.  The only difference on a California Harley is the evaporative emissions requirement, ie. the carbon canister.  It's not hard to eliminate if that's what you really want to do, there are only two components (canister and purge valve solenoid) and a few hoses.  I'm not sure if you need to do anything with the electrical connection for the purge valve or not.  Don't forget to plug the vacuum tube on the throttle body when you remove that hose.  Run the hose from the fuel tank vent just like the other non-Cali bikes, to the swingarm area. Try this link for a complete listing of the parts involved in a California Evaporative Emissions  System:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hdmc&a=1168&b=50&c=0&d=2016%20FLHXSE%20CVO%20STREET%20GLIDE%20(PX)%20EVAPORATIVE%20EMISSIONS%20COMPONENTS%20(CALIF.%20ONLY)

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Re: California Spec. 2016 CVO Street glide
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 05:40:35 PM »

GRC,

Thanks

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.