Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: DON'T SAY YOU WEREN'T FAIRLY WARNED  (Read 7226 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: DON'T SAY YOU WEREN'T FAIRLY WARNED
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 09:02:21 PM »

So I tell the wife......all I gotta do now is wait for the game, and then I'll change. She says it's 18 days away, go to the garage.
:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 04:14:20 PM »

Feeling good about 2 Buckeyes in the running for the Heisman trophy. First time in history that 2 teammates have been in the running. I think I already know who has this in the bag. Going to be a different game this year (Clemson). No one thought we could beat Alabama in 2014. We can't have another 1/2 like we did with Wisc.!  O-H!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 06:18:59 AM »

Not wishing the 'eyes any bad luck (yuk,yuk) but lets see if my Tigers can make them change the way they spell their name. Last time they played the boys from Moo U, they changed it too O310
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 09:00:09 AM »

Not wishing the 'eyes any bad luck (yuk,yuk) but lets see if my Tigers can make them change the way they spell their name. Last time they played the boys from Moo U, they changed it too O310
Oh Oh Jimmy you just threw some bad JuJu.  Hope it bites YOU  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »

Really, as a Wolverine fan, I'm rooting for Michigan and anyone playing against those nuts. I can't wait to see the Tide get rolled. GO BLUE!!!
I'm 100% with you on that TS. I only pull for 2 teams...….Clemson and whoever plays Bama
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 09:33:51 PM »

Sure not much love for my Sooners on here...lol. Don't think they stand a chance against LSU either though. Not a OSU fan at all and don't think Clemson will have any problems there. LSU-CLEMSON.... good game but think 2k might should wash the socks... Thinking LSU come out on top
Most great stores start with a bad decision

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2019, 10:16:10 PM »

One of my riding buddies lives in Chickasha and is a huge Okie fan. Was big on here at one time(how we met) but dropped off cause it got to restrictive. Sad but if you look around a lot of the long timers are gone. My Kid and I went to Oklahoma and picked him up and went on to Red River, NM and rode the West for a week...….1st time we had met face to face. Times change!!!
BTW: I hope the Sooners roll LSU cause I like Hurts a bunch, since he left Ballyamma.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2019, 10:48:14 PM »

One of my riding buddies lives in Chickasha and is a huge Okie fan. Was big on here at one time(how we met) but dropped off cause it got to restrictive. Sad but if you look around a lot of the long timers are gone. My Kid and I went to Oklahoma and picked him up and went on to Red River, NM and rode the West for a week...….1st time we had met face to face. Times change!!!
BTW: I hope the Sooners roll LSU cause I like Hurts a bunch, since he left Ballyamma.
Red River area is sure a pretty place to ride. Oh yes times change, and rhe older I get the harder it is to accept the way the world has changed. I remember my grandpa fussing about the same things we fuss about though.
Think Hurts is a good kid, he has done well for OU this year. I would love to see him in the Championship game just out of spite for Bama...lol.
Your Clemson boys sure look good this year but LSU has too. Thinking it will be a game to watch till the very end.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2019, 11:11:54 PM »

Don't have a dog in this hunt, my team (not FSU) is playing in one of the Tidy Bowls.  Won't get to see the major New Year's bowls - the ones that count - around then since will be in a furrin country, but will be checking to see who won what & how the Championship game shakes out. 

This year there isn't much controversy as to the Top 4 picked for the playoffs.  Would still like to see it go beyond those 4 to allow more conference champions included as contenders. Do not hear much about that this year, but in the next year or 2 the 4 picks will be very controversial & then it will start up again.

Top 4 should make for great playoff games. May the best team win & not because of the refs.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2019, 04:32:22 AM »

You can put money that it will expand within 3 years. The only argument I have heard against it is that it would make the NY6 bowls less important. Who cares?! The whole idea of the playoff is to find the best team in the country and you can't do that if they are playing in a NY6 bowl, which could happen because we have humans picking the 4 CFP teams.
BTW: You being from Fl and saying no Semiholes…..I hope you are a Gator cause the Canes suck canal water. USF just got a good coach from my Tigers. Watch out for them in 3/4 years

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2019, 07:16:09 AM »

USF & UCF.  UCF is the biggest university in the state.

Agreed on the need for a real playoff.  4 teams is not enough.  Also agreed on the NY 6 bowls.  When I was a kid that was the big deal.  These bowls could be utilized in a playoff system and can see "consolation" bowls for the losing teams.

Am a transplant, have only been in Florida 25 years.  Am a Texan by birth & raising & a Texas Longhorn. This year we are the ranks of teams that are over paying coaches and assistant coaches for mediocre performances and as a result we get a mediocre bowl.  Was not a fan of the Tidy Bowls as they cropped up to offer paydays to 6-6 schools (like FSU) & in my opinion 7-5 (Longhorns) is one game better but does not warrant a celebration such as a bowl game.  Know all the arguments about "well it's a payday for the school & good tv exposure & recruiting & the fans get to go to celebrate & have a vacation & yadda yadda."  Boolsheet.  It's another example of elementary school where everybody gets a trophy even if they should be sitting on their azzes to watch the ones who truly excelled get their trophies. Am not sure what type of dinosaur I am, but it's the kind that thinks participation trophies and awards are a joke - including the college football Tidy Bowls.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2019, 10:41:20 AM »

Agreed on the need for a real playoff.  4 teams is not enough.  Also agreed on the NY 6 bowls.  When I was a kid that was the big deal.  These bowls could be utilized in a playoff system and can see "consolation" bowls for the losing teams.

Am a transplant, have only been in Florida 25 years.  Am a Texan by birth & raising & a Texas Longhorn. This year we are the ranks of teams that are over paying coaches and assistant coaches for mediocre performances and as a result we get a mediocre bowl.  Was not a fan of the Tidy Bowls as they cropped up to offer paydays to 6-6 schools (like FSU) & in my opinion 7-5 (Longhorns) is one game better but does not warrant a celebration such as a bowl game.  Know all the arguments about "well it's a payday for the school & good tv exposure & recruiting & the fans get to go to celebrate & have a vacation & yadda yadda."  Boolsheet.  It's another example of elementary school where everybody gets a trophy even if they should be sitting on their azzes to watch the ones who truly excelled get their trophies. Am not sure what type of dinosaur I am, but it's the kind that thinks participation trophies and awards are a joke - including the college football Tidy Bowls.

8 team would crown a unquestioned champ, but you would still have at least one of the 8 crying after it was over about how they were really the best if the refs hadn't screwed them that first game

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2019, 11:57:54 AM »

8 team would crown a unquestioned champ, but you would still have at least one of the 8 crying after it was over about how they were really the best if the refs hadn't screwed them that first game

Yes, that is true.  We will also have crying this year in one of the 3 championship games about refs and how if this 1 play had gone the other way with no penalty then blah blah.  Very safe bet.

Not specifically any team or any 1 conference but this ref call/no call on pass interference makes the game less enjoyable for me   In general, the pass interference no calls are a real oddity - across the board.  Sometimes the secondary can play handsie & jump in the receivers lap & grab his arms & do the cha-cha before the pass & the ref - standing right there - doesn't call it.  Other times  the secondary can barely brush a receiver & the ball is 10 yards over the guys head & it's pass interference. The contact rules as they are interpreted these days stink on ice.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2019, 02:33:25 PM »

AMEN!!!

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2019, 05:00:21 PM »

Yes, that is true.  We will also have crying this year in one of the 3 championship games about refs and how if this 1 play had gone the other way with no penalty then blah blah.  Very safe bet.

Not specifically any team or any 1 conference but this ref call/no call on pass interference makes the game less enjoyable for me   In general, the pass interference no calls are a real oddity - across the board.  Sometimes the secondary can play handsie & jump in the receivers lap & grab his arms & do the cha-cha before the pass & the ref - standing right there - doesn't call it.  Other times  the secondary can barely brush a receiver & the ball is 10 yards over the guys head & it's pass interference. The contact rules as they are interpreted these days stink on ice.
While the replays were a good idea, they have been abused. In or out of bounds, targeting, fumbles and that's it. LET THEM PLAY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 25 queries.