Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mounting an Oil Bud Cooler on 2013 FXSBSE Breakout  (Read 1264 times)

WA CVO

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE "CVO Breakout"
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE "CVO Limited"
Mounting an Oil Bud Cooler on 2013 FXSBSE Breakout
« on: July 04, 2013, 12:43:10 PM »

Anyone have this installed on their '13 breakout?  Just wondering if the regular softail kit works or if there are mods/extra parts needed?  I plan to install the Oil Bud vs. the HD unit but want to make sure there are no gotcha's.

Thanks in advance,  --Rob
--Rob

...no matter where you go, there you are!

Big-Aye

• -Verae Navis Vacillant-

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE CVO Breakout-Hard Candy Gold/Liquid Sun
Re: Mounting an Oil Bud Cooler on 2013 FXSBSE Breakout
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 12:10:35 AM »

I'm interested too - it never cools off in Indonesia, and Jakarta traffic can be more "stop" then "go"...

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2007 FLSTN
Re: Mounting an Oil Bud Cooler on 2013 FXSBSE Breakout
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:43:08 AM »

Give Bud Clarke a call (406-457-2458).  He'll answer any and all of your questions and take your order over the phone when your ready. He's a great guy and stands behind his products. 

I've got an oil bud on both on my 07 FLSTN and 10 FLHTCUSE5 and can attest that performs as well or better than he said it would. It's also the best looking cooler that I've seen since the only things outwardly visable after install is the billet adapter plate and braided steel flex lines (cooler tucked up in-between the frame rails under the motor).

IMHO, there is no better performing, well constructed or better looking cooler available.  This is the cooler MOCO should install as standard equipment.

For me the only downside is the high cost.

TW

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.